PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party Crowds

Red Randal
07-23-2007, 06:31 PM
In my continued attempt to flood the Vacation Planning board with MNSSHP questions, I present to you fine folks the following:

How crazy will it be crowd-wise during the MNSSHP Friday October 12 (for the I-Cot meet)?

I've been to the MK for e-ride night back in the day and found it amazing as crowds were non existent, even in the summer. I've also attended summer evening EMH at the MK and found myself unable to get within arms reach of anything and, thus, eating ice cream and riding the TTA over and over again. While I don't mind ice cream or the TTA, I do when it costs me fifty bucks.

I've read that getting on rides is "impossible" during the party which seems to contradict logic because:

It's a hard ticket event. Shouldn't Disney be limiting the number of tickets sold, at least somewhat?
It's a trick-or-treat event aimed at young children and the park stays open until midnight. Even if it's mobbed at the start, I would think crowds would go down as the children go to bed and as crowds are generally pleased with the early Hallowishes.
There aren't really that many people at Disney World in October to begin with. Yeah, I know that there tend to be more and more as the years go by but, still, it shouldn't be anything like what I experienced during a summer evening EMH.

Am I correct in any of those assessments? What's the deal?

Beast_fanatic
07-23-2007, 09:49 PM
The only Halloween party that I've been to was on Halloween night a couple of years ago. It was a sell out that night (yes, they do limit the number of tickets sold). We did not find the crowds to be bad at all. The only time that it felt crowded was immediately after the fireworks as most people were leaving the park and we were fighting our way against traffic. We rode lots of rides that night, and didn't have any lines. Apparently, some of the trick or treat lines got to be pretty long that night, but we avoided those in favor of rides. By the end of the night, even those lines were non-existent (so trick-or-treat late if you want candy).

Gusgus
07-24-2007, 07:56 AM
I have been to MNSSHP about 5 or 6 times. I have thought the crowds were always low and it was easy to get on rides... except for the time we went on Halloween (the 31st). I delt with the crowds okay but my wife wasn't too happy. I had so much fun even with the crowds so I went with my son the next night (yes it was in November.) and the park was VERY light. I won't go on Halloween again becuase of the crowda but I personally would any other night, especially a weeknight.

Gusgus

TammiMcMan
07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
The events do sell out, so there must be a maximum of tickets available. It's a well kept secret though as to what that magical number is. Some have reported 25,000, but who knows.

By going on a weekend night, you will run into slightly higher crowds due to local residents attending. If your able to stay in the parks until midnight, then you may want to go on rides during the first parade and watch the 2nd instead. Many people line up for that 1st one and leave right after the fireworks.

In all honesty, the park will probably be less crowded during the day on October 12th. If you're looking for the shortest wait time for rides, I wouldn't spend the money for the hard ticketed event. Just visit the MK during the day instead.

JohnnyJayhawk
07-24-2007, 11:07 AM
We went when our kids were one and a half and three, so our main focus was trick or treating and character photos. The lines for both were long, but the ride lines were just fine.

We'll do it again when our focus is the rides, and the kids are out of the trick or treat phase.

Red Randal
07-24-2007, 12:03 PM
By going on a weekend night, you will run into slightly higher crowds due to local residents attending. If your able to stay in the parks until midnight, then you may want to go on rides during the first parade and watch the 2nd instead. Many people line up for that 1st one and leave right after the fireworks.

This is what I assumed, which is why I was so shocked to read that it was exceptionally crowded. I just can't envision a crow primarilly filled with trick or treating children and their parents to be carousing in the Magic Kingdom until midnight.

In all honesty, the park will probably be less crowded during the day on October 12th. If you're looking for the shortest wait time for rides, I wouldn't spend the money for the hard ticketed event. Just visit the MK during the day instead.

I wish I could but I can't get out of PA until that afternoon. I might not even make it to the party when it starts. I was just wondering if I could get my fix of rides that night or if I should plan for more time in the park later in the weekend.

GrmGrninGost
07-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I've been to two of the MNSSHP and am going again this year. Both I've gone to were sold out. One was on Halloween, one was not. I have never had as much fun at WDW in my life! There is so much going on we didn't ride hardly any rides! It was just so exciting! The parade is fantastic! The Hallowishes fireworks are wonderful! And, IMO the ride lines were not long at all! By all means, GO! And have a GREAT time!! :mpumpkin: