PDA

View Full Version : towel animals at poly

Nekochan
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
We're staying at the Poly (woo hoo!!!). I love towel animals - do they do them at the hotel? can we request them of housekeeping? do we do it on check in?

Thanks

Jen C.
07-23-2007, 07:31 PM
We had towel animals every day on our last Poly stay. They were always quite cute. Mousekeeping also did darling presentations with my childrens stuffed animals, i.e. arranging them so they were watching TV, and holding remote, etc.
We did tip our Mousekeeper genereously, and I don't know whether or not this was a reason we were treated to so many lovely creations! Either way, we found it to be an enjoyable "extra" to our trip. Here's sending you some good luck pixie dust for many animals on your trip!:pixie:

SBETigg
07-23-2007, 07:46 PM
It depends on your housekeeper. We had some on our first day of check-in, and none for our next ten days. But we had a wonderfully clean room and a housekeeper who was warm, friendly, and expressed her gratitude for our tips. If it is important to you, I would ask for it.

Ghost * Hostess
07-23-2007, 08:45 PM
It definetely depends on the mousekeeper. We stayed at the Poly our last 4 trips and never heard of a towel animal. Our last trip there was one left on dd bed the first day. She was so excited she wrote the mousekeeper a letter thanking her and made pictures for her. That day we met the mousekeeper in the room and she showed us the materials they carry on the cart to make these towel animals. Had a long conversation while she was in the room, a very very nice woman also from NY in Disney for 21 years at the Poly. Anyway every day she left another type of towel animal. Some were so big they took up 3/4 of the bed. Our last night she actually made a person, it was sitting on the bed with my dd pirate minnie hat on its head a little disney bag on its arm, her lanyard around its neck. When I walked into the room and flicked on the light, I thought someone was in our room watching tv. She even used pillows to make the giant alligators towel animals. Just a little more of the Disney Magic.:mickey:

pixiesmimi
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
I guess they do them at all of the resorts. We had them at the ASMovies last year. We had connecting rooms with our DD's family and had two older boys in our room. We thought it was so cute to look at all the windows as we walked down the walk. One would have Peter Pan hat in the curtains or an animal in one window to greet you. At first I thought this was part of the room until we discovered that they use your children's animals and dolls, etc. to do something different every day. One day we came back and Cinderella was taking a nap in the portacrib with the covers up over her and her head on the pillow. My DGD 18mo. thought that was great! :mickey: They always did their towels into animals every day but they never did anything in our room or with our towels which was a big disappointment to me. I guess they realized it was just adults and maybe older kids in our room but adults like this kind of thing also. I was sad that I didn't have a surprise to come back to every day like they did in the other room. It was always a topic at night as to what we would see when we got back to the room.:)

BelleBeauty
07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
We've been hit or miss in the last couple years. I've noticed that on trips where we have had 4 adults in the room they haven't really bothered with making it extra special (even when we did leave a nice note and tip).

I would say if you really want to see some towel animals, be sure to have a nice note (possibly from the kids) saying how you can't wait to see them! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I would say it's really hit or miss. I've stayed at ASM, Pop, & CBR and only ever had towel animals once at Pop and once at CBR and we leave a tip every day in appreciation for their services.

TammiMcMan
07-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Basically, towel animals are like magical moments, sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't. We've been staying at Disney resorts for the past 20 years and in all that time, we've had one towel animal. If that's what you're truly looking for, I'd suggest considering a Disney cruise. The room stewards make them every evening at turndown and some of their creations are just amazing.

For Disney resorts though, I guess you should leave a note for your housekeeper, along with a generous tip and see what happens.

Old School Mouse Ears
07-24-2007, 08:32 AM
our last stay at WL where was a towel critter every night i guess we were just lucky..btw was just the two of us no kids..:thumbsup:

Carol
07-24-2007, 09:30 AM
can we request them of housekeeping? do we do it on check in?It's not something that you can request. A lot of the mousekeepers don't do them. We've stayed at many of the Deluxe resorts and have only gotten them at Saratoga Springs & the Polynesian.

It does not matter if there are children in your party. We vacation with 4 adults at POP and had towel animals!

It's Disney 'magic'. Let it find you. Don't go looking for 'it' or expect it. :)

PrincessCandaceMarie
07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I love them too and got them when i was at POP but just wait for them, it's the magic that makes them special!:cloud9:

Nevergrowup
07-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Sometimes we get them & sometimes not. i wish we got them everytime. I'm a kid at heart and seeing them just makes my day.

LudwigVonDrake
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I have found from past experience that Mousekeeping does the towel animals if you tip them.

sainter
07-27-2007, 10:46 PM
We have had mixed luck at both value and mod resorts. We always tip. I like to think that it is magic that is sprinkled here and there, so I actually think that it is more fun when we only get them sometimes --- makes it more special!!

Sunshine1010
08-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm jealous......I've only gotten them on Carnival cruises