PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen people refilling regular cups at Clu Cool in Epcot?

caryrae
07-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I was wondering, has anyone seen people filling up regular sized cups, the refillable mugs, water bottles, or whatever else, at the soda stations at Club Cool in Epcot?
Does Disney have any kind of policy on doing that there? I would guess they wouldn't allow it but I don't know, since realisticly you could stand there and keep drinking using there little sample cups as long as you wanted couldn't you?

Stu29573
07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
I honestly never really thought about it. I've never seen it, but I suppose it's happened. I certainly don't think it's encouraged.

LibertyTreeGal
07-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Urgh, none of them taste good enough to me that I'd want a whole cup.

I'd hate to see people doing it because every time someone abuses a freebie, it's just a matter of time before it is eliminated or regulated, like when people abused the DDP kid's credits and now the whole system is a pain!

Goofeygal
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm with Liberty I don't like any of them enough to fill a large cup with.:ack:

caryrae
07-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't know, I think the watermelon pop is very good. I would buy that if it was sold here.

mttafire
07-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Never really payed any attention...I do agree with others that there would be very FEW sodas id fill up in my mug..:ack:

caryrae
07-23-2007, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't put it past alot of people regardless of the taste, if it's free and can save someone a few bucks I bet alot of people do it.

Darin M
07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I saw people doing this last year when I went. No one said anything about it.

I love the watermelon pop as well.

Donald A
07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't put it past alot of people regardless of the taste, if it's free and can save someone a few bucks I bet alot of people do it.

I agree, but I don't recall anyone doing this. I am the type of guy easily annoyed by people so I would have probably noticed.

dteed
07-23-2007, 08:00 PM
We always go in but not because we are thirsty. I could not imagine drinking an entire cup of any of them.

BIGDOG
07-23-2007, 08:08 PM
I thought the cool zone was no longer at epcot I was there last fall and did not see it. That was the igloo looking building put on by coke and you could sample coke from around the world right???

jszczur5
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Where is this Club Cool? I have read about it in several guide books, but have never come across it. My DS would love to try different flavoured sodas. In fact, I fear that he would be one of those people that we are complaining about who just keep trying free sample after free sample until he had tried them all.

JPL
07-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I haven't seen anyone doing this but I woud love an entire cup of Beverly :tasty:

BIGDOG
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
who is beverly?

LibertyTreeGal
07-23-2007, 08:17 PM
who is beverly?

She is an evil, bitter old Italian wench and you don't want her anywhere near your cup! ;)

Gottaluvgoof
07-23-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm wondering too, where is this? I have been several times and never saw this place. Going in September and would like to check it out. I promise not to bring my cup :D

Sounds interesting. I think the kids would have fun tasting different soda flavors.

BIGDOG
07-23-2007, 08:26 PM
A cast member told me last year it was gone and did not see the igloo around any were.

Pirate Granny
07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I can't explain it...but it's between Test Track and the MouseGear Store...it's tucked along side a building and no longer in the Igloo...I can see it in my mind...and it was there when we were there in April.

:pirate:

snifflesmcg
07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
She is an evil, bitter old Italian wench and you don't want her anywhere near your cup! ;)
:laughing::silly: That's hysterical!!

I like a few of them enough to fill up a cup. I've even seen it encouraged in some Disney guides. I was talking to a man on a bench in the UK pavillion and he had his water bottle filled with some sort of soda that he told me exactly how many times you have to push the button to fill the bottle. I forget the number now.

Christine
07-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I haven't ever seen anyone do this, and I hope I never do. :nono:

Polynesian Dweller
07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
The original Ice Station Cool is gone replaced by Club Cool in Nov. 2005. Its the otherside of the fountain from MouseGear. Walking away from SE take the walkway to the right of the fountain and there it is.

It would take some doing to fill up a large bottle there. I like some of them, in small quantities, but not enough for a full bottle.

DisneyDudet
07-23-2007, 09:29 PM
I have seen people attempting to fill their bottles with the drinks, right next to CM's. They did not seem to care. I haven't done it... I've wanted to.. especially the Israel Lemon Lime... yum!!!

kakn7294
07-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I never saw anyone do it either, but I wouldn't put is past them. Some of the flavors aren't bad. The building was there in December - had my fix of Beverly! :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I agree with the others that said they do not like any of the flavors. :ack: I cringe when my kids want to go in there!

disneydoug
07-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Yes, I have seen it done.

I always hope they are getting Beverly, haha.

Darin M
07-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Last August, during my visit, it was definitely there.

My girlfriend and I had heard about it from a cast member, so we went in there to try the different flavors.

It was refreshing, and a cool experience. I'll be there in 4 weeks, and I can't wait to try that stuff again.

magicofdisney
07-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I like the Fanta enough to get a whole cup. I've heard about ppl doing this. But if CMs won't stop the abuse at the resorts, what makes anyone think they'll stop it here. If, in fact, it's not allowed. My kids love to go and try different sodas each trip. If nothing else, it a place to relax and cool down for a bit.

luvdiznee
07-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Haven't seen it, I hope I don't either. :mad:

Dracula766
07-24-2007, 08:26 PM
I've definitely done it!:here:

I'm a big fan of Vegitabeta and since you can't find it anywhere in the U.S. i try to fill up on it at Epcot.

I'll stand at the fountain and drink as many shots as I can then I'll pour cupfulls into an empty water bottle til it fulls up so I can carry some in my pack back for the rest of the day.

ahhh refreshing:cheers:

They were out of Vegitabeta on my last trip. Anyone know if they've brought it back or if its gone for good?

psychotekkie
07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I've never been to Club Cool but am looking forward to it for my trip this August.

If I really like one of the soda's I will simply ASK a nearby CM if it is okay to fill a bottle. Cause if it is not against the rules, then I have nothing to be uptight about.

DNS
07-25-2007, 11:28 AM
I've never seen it happen, but personally, it doesn't seem right to me. If they wanted to allow people larger amounts, they would provide larger cups. It is to sample the drinks.

Figgyluv03
07-25-2007, 12:23 PM
A few sample cups of a few different flavors is sufficent for me. Okay, maybe a few more of the Watermelon, but I would never abuse the system. That's just wrong.

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I've never seen anyone use anything other than the little sample cup given.

For those who asked where it is/was:

There used to be an igloo, as you come into the park, past the ball, heading toward the fountain, it was on your right. Several people were slipping on the wet, icy, snowy concrete floor, so they came up with a new way to offer the flavors of soda. They now have this club cool in the same general area, on the right before the fountain. But the floor is no longer covered in ice and snow. My DD fell once in it, so I am glad that they changed it.

I also agree with the melon soda. It is pretty good, but I would never fill a large cup with it. As previously stated, they give you little sample cups, so you may take a sample, not a liter or two.

Beverly:sick::ack:!! I sure hope you enjoy it.:D

Djscherr
07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
I've always just used the sample cups, but I wish they'd actually sell bottles of the different pops there. I know there are a few that I'd actually purchase and like to take home. I can't even find them online which kinda stinks. Granted I'll keep looking, it only took me about 4 years after my England trip where I fell in love with Lemon Lucozade to find it online for a reasonable price :)

Fantasmic
07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I haven't seen anyone doing this but I woud love an entire cup of Beverly :tasty:

I would like to see you try and drink it all!!!

I could fill up on Fanta there I guess, as we have it here in the UK it's familiar. I like the Watermelon one too.

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 08:42 PM
No, but if I did I would use it as a learning moment for my kids. When I see such things I make it a point to teach my kids what and why something is wrong.