PDA

View Full Version : ? about making my ADR's

4littleboys
07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I call tomorrow to make my ADR's for my January trip! (Yeah!) Here is my question - I am staying at a DVC resort that I traded into from my timeshare - Do I call the dining number or the DVC number? (I know that I add magical express and DDP through DVC member services so I am just not sure if the conf. # is only recognized by DVC?????)
Any help is appreciated!

Natazu
07-24-2007, 02:59 AM
You should be able to make them through DVC but I recommend calling the regular number. They open earlier and stay open later (by far). Then, you can put your ADRs under your phone number and not have to worry about your reservation number at all.

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 07:39 AM
I agree, I would call the regular number. We are not part of DDP, but each restaurant we went to asked us if we were using the DDP, so it doesn't matter how you make the ADR - once you have a table reserved, you just let them know how you're paying when you get there.
But I am very interested in knowing how you got an exchange into DVC! It's supposed to be almost impossible - is it because you're going in Jan...ie: a slow time? Did you use interval international?
Lauren

4littleboys
07-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I called the regular DINE number thismorning and made all my ADR's. Now I just need to keep obsessing on the internet for the next 179 days. Oh, and probably call a dozen times to make ADR changes.
This is the first time that I tried to trade into DVC. I know that the timeshare I own has good trading power but I do not know how it all works. I put in a "Request First" exchange through II and listed all the WDW DVC properties for the week that I wanted. I kept checking everyday but even if units showed up they were never 2 bedroom and that is what I needed. About 1 1/2 months later interval called and said that BCV was available if we wnted it and so I said "HECK YA!". After reading here - it looks as if I just lucked out!

dolphinmickey9170
07-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Congrats on getting what you wanted.

I made my bookings for December and have called a few times to make changes, additions etc.