PDA

View Full Version : Any review on ASMU Family Suites?

terrilo42
07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Hello,

We are staying at ASMU Family Suites 11/21 - 11/25 and was wondering if anyone has any reviews on the room?

I have stayed as ASMO and Pop Century in the past and was happy with them.

We are a family of 4 so I though this may be a little more roomier.

Thanks

Strmchsr
07-23-2007, 04:11 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

The couple of people I've talked to said the family suites were nice, but would only do it again during a non-discount season. It actually turns out that because suites are not eligible for any discounts that are released it is actually usually a good bit cheaper to get 2 connecting rooms rather than to do the suite.

DisneyBunch5
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Because of our 3 kids (10, 6 and 3), 2 rooms didn't seem like a viable option for us. So we stayed in the suites in April. They reminded us of scaled down versions of the cabins.

We all enjoyed the extra space. The kitchenette area, although small, was handy.

We would definitely stay in them again.

Nate's Grandpa
07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
We are staying in the suites 9/25 - 930.

I am curious also about reviews of the suites.
If I can remember to do it, I will post information in this thread when we get back.

We actually did get a passholder discount on our suite (thanks to information posted here by Magical Journeys)!

Nate's Grandpa
07-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Terrilo42,

I sent you a private message with information on the suites.

Minniemouse27
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
We are four as well and I priced out the regular values, family suites and POR... and even though the values came in the cheapest, by the time I added in the fridge charges for our stay...POR was less than $200 more than the value. Interestingly, the family suites were $300 MORE than POR! So we went w/ POR.

Good Luck!

bleukarma
07-27-2007, 04:56 PM
My mom, dad, 2 nephews (11 and 9), and niece(14) stayed in one in June and I went up and visited their suite while I stayed in one of the regular rooms. It seemed nice but a little small. You have the main bedroom with a bath, where my parents slept and the living room acts as the second sleeping area. The two boys slept on the pull out couch and my niece slept in the pull out chair. It was kind of like a hospital chair and it didn’t look comfy to me. The kitchen area was small, but it would work well. It also has a bath in a little area off the living room area. I just thought it seemed like they were always getting in each others way and I felt bad for my niece who had to sleep in the hospital chair. I think if the price wasn’t too much more then I would go with the two adjoining rooms. But that’s just my opinion, it might work out well for other families.

Happy planning! :mickey:

terrilo42
07-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Thanks for all the info. We have stayed at ASMO and Pop Century before with 4 of us, so this room will definitely be bigger for us. I like the fact that we will have 2 bathrooms.

I also like the fact that there are 2 separate rooms, so if the kids are in bed, we could stay up a little longer.

Nate's Grandpa
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
We just returned Sunday (9/30) after staying 5 nights in the family suites. We were a party of 4 adults and one toddler.

We were pleased with the layout of the suites - separate bedroom with a queen size bed, table and chair, and a 27" flat screen tv. The other room had a pull-out sofa and one large chair that converted to a single bed, another 27" tv, table and 2 chairs. Each room had a bathroom with a curved shower rod (very nice for bigger people like me).

The kitchenette had plenty of cabinets and counter space. There was a microwave, coffee pot, refrigerator, and sink. The refrigerator had a small freezer shelf perfect for freezing the ice packs we brought.

For a family with children, these rooms would be very nice. For a family with 4 adults however, the pull-out sofa was not very comfortable.

We did manage to get a passholder discount on the suites ($140 per night). I think the only time these discounts are available is September.

The resort itself was a pleasant surprise. There were plenty activities scheduled each day we were there. (Bingo, water balloon toss, pool scavenger hunt, etc.). A movie was shown by the pool every night. The landscaping was very well done and very well maintained. We did not share a bus with any of the other 2 All Star resorts. The cast members we met were very friendly and helpful, unfortunately this has not always been the case at other resorts.

Our room was in the Jazz Inn building 2. This location was perfect for us - close to food court and the parking lot if we chose to drive, and not too close to the pools which can be rather noisy late at night.

This will be our last trip to the world in September. I have never seen so many love bugs before and I live in Florida!