PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--No Direction.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
...The North Pole.

If you want to blame anybody, it's Christine's fault this time.

Sorry about the little bump when the shuttle hit the pole. I decided to pick a spot where the compass would just go in cirles trying to figure out which way to go.

Please collect your parkas and mucklucks at the door (designer mucklucks for certain, ahem, passengers). Now maybe everybody will quit whining about the heat and humidity. :thedolls: And if anybody whines about the cold, well, there's always the Sahara, muwahahahahaha. Uh, sorry. Got a little carried away. :blush:

Has anybody seen Harry hanging out with the other penquins? He'll be the penguin with the staples in his bohunkus.

disneydrmr
07-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Um, Ken.. who's gonna step outside and move the polar bear from in front of the door?

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Um, Ken.. who's gonna step outside and move the polar bear from in front of the door?
Just throw him a salmon or a seal Di!

:clappy: :clappy: YAY! This is a terrific destination..... How will the navigational system know where to take us when we leave? Is there such a thing as a non-magnetic compass?????

Did you know that there are more hot weather penguin species than there are cold weather species? Did you know that an Emperor Penguin can be 6 feet tall????

pogo
07-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Oh my God......... it's freezing here !:freeze:

Who's lame brain idea was this ? Christines ?

:hi: Harry :penguin:

I've gotta change my name into something warmer. :D

Christine
07-23-2007, 01:54 PM
...The North Pole.

If you want to blame anybody, it's Christine's fault this time.

Now maybe everybody will quit whining about the heat and humidity. :thedolls: And if anybody whines about the cold, well, there's always the Sahara, muwahahahahaha.

Are you kidding me???

This is TOTALLY not my fault! Where in the North Pole do you find the fab five that I not-so-subtly hinted to????

I think your recent role as Creator has gone to your head!

Well folks, don't get too comfortable because I forsee a hi-jacking in the near future!

pogo
07-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Are you kidding me???

This is TOTALLY not my fault! Where in the North Pole do you find the fab five that I not-so-subtly hinted to????

Well folks, don't get too comfortable because I forsee a hi-jacking in the near future!
I can't believe I'm doing this but skipper...... I think you have to blame somebody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydrmr
My lederhosen is getting kinda uncomfortable too. Maybe it is time for us to come back to earth and go somewhere with very little heat and humidity?

Originally posted by Drummerboy:
Remember this thread started out saying be careful what you wish for? I'm thinking the arctic or antarctic.I think it was Diane who has the big mouth ! Oh well..... can we throw both of them in the brig ! :D

pogo
07-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh..... and I forgot to add..... it's so cold here my words have all turned blue.

Does anyone have an extra jacket I can borrow ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I can't believe I'm doing this but skipper...... I think you have to blame somebody else.

I think it was Diane who has the big mouth ! Oh well..... can we throw both of them in the brig ! :D
Hurry Cousin...you forgot the question!!!

Do we still have a monkey on board? Can he mind the prisoners?

Can I tell you that I really like this location? :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Just throw him a salmon or a seal Di!

Ok, that would be a good idea, BUT.. how do I get out of the ship to get that salmon or seal? All we have on board are cookies!!!!

Oh my God......... it's freezing here !:freeze:

Who's lame brain idea was this ? Christines ?

Are you kidding me???

Pogo... Christine did suggest Disney.. go back and check out the tail end of the old thread... but then again.. Christine.. you know how men are with subtle hints...

Hmmm... are we still using the Black Pearl/Rv/space ship? If so, wouldn't it be a mutiny instead of a hijack?

disneydrmr
07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
[B][I][COLOR="blue"]I think it was Diane who has the big mouth ! Oh well..... can we throw both of them in the brig ! :D

Excuse me.. I just asked for somewhere with less heat and humidity.. not somewhere where there is NO heat and humidity.. so I believe the blame lies solely on Ken... he's the 'mastermind' who is trying to divide and conquer us by turning us all against each other... we must resist... BUT then again... we were in space.. maybe some evil space alien took over Ken's body and landed us here... wanting us out of the way so they can take over the world?

Oh..... and I forgot to add..... it's so cold here my words have all turned blue.

Does anyone have an extra jacket I can borrow ? :D

Yeah.. I have a jacket you can borrow.. don't worry about all the chains attached to it.. or the fact that the arms hook in the back.. just go ahead and slip it right on.... :thedolls:

Yes, I believe Alex is still on board.. I don't think he abandoned ship on us... :D

pogo
07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Hurry Cousin...you forgot the question!!!

Can I tell you that I really like this location? :thumbsup:
Can I tell you....... you're a little twisted ? Sure you like it.... being from the far north, you love the c,c,c,c,cold !:freeze:

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Can I tell you....... you're a little twisted ? Sure you like it.... being from the far north, you love the c,c,c,c,cold !:freeze:
I don't LOVE it....I just don't mind it. It is easy to put more clothing on to warm up -- but you really hit a limit of how much you can remove without incident...if you get my drift.... Wanna come and feed the polar bears with me and Di?

Christine
07-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey guys! I just ran into the sweetest old man (no, it wasn't Ken OR Pogo) who said he would let us use his sleigh to get to WDW!!!

The only catch...your name must be on his good list to be able to board. He checked it (twice) and said that I have been so good, I get to ride shotgun! (which may be a bad thing if the reindeer are gassy!)

Anyone care to join me? The ice lovers can join us when the frostbite becomes too passe!

See you in sunny Florida!! :sun: :bolt:

pogo
07-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't LOVE it....I just don't mind it. It is easy to put more clothing on to warm up -- but you really hit a limit of how much you can remove without incident...if you get my drift.... Wanna come and feed the polar bears with me and Di?
Will you help me out of this jacket I borrowed from Diane first ?

pogo
07-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey guys! I just ran into the sweetest old man (no, it wasn't Ken OR Pogo) who said he would let us use his sleigh to get to WDW!!!

Old ????? ...... You calling me old ????? :faint:

OK Ken.... I take it all back....... it was Christine that said she wanted to come here.

drummerboy
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
That's just Pogo, and he's still too cold to get out of the way.

Did you know that there are more hot weather penguin species than there are cold weather species? Did you know that an Emperor Penguin can be 6 feet tall????
Did you know there's such a thing as too much information?

Pogo... Christine did suggest Disney.. go back and check out the tail end of the old thread... but then again.. Christine.. you know how men are with subtle hints...
Oh, was she giving a subtle hint about WDW? I thought her subtle hint meant "I want to go to a place where I can freeze my Margaritas with no effort".

Excuse me.. I just asked for somewhere with less heat and humidity.. not somewhere where there is NO heat and humidity.. so I believe the blame lies solely on Ken... he's the 'mastermind' who is trying to divide and conquer us by turning us all against each other... we must resist... BUT then again... we were in space.. maybe some evil space alien took over Ken's body and landed us here... wanting us out of the way so they can take over the world?
Did somebody smell chili-dogs in the air?

Watch out for that old man trying to lure you into his "sleigh". That's my older brother. He's crafty like that.

Riri529
07-23-2007, 03:27 PM

The only catch...your name must be on his good list to be able to board. He checked it (twice) and said that I have been so good, I get to ride shotgun! (which may be a bad thing if the reindeer are gassy!)

Anyone care to join me? The ice lovers can join us when the frostbite becomes too passe!

See you in sunny Florida!! :sun: :bolt:

While I like downhill skiing, I have also enjoyed some waterskiing in my younger days. A good day at the beach probably tops one on the slopes, unless it's Spring skiing out west. Parkas and snow boots are not my best look. And, the cold dry weather wreaks havoc on my youthful complexion!
Well Christine, I'm certain I must be on the "nice" list!! Do you think there will be room for me on the sled, or will I be stuck up here?

disneydrmr
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM

Did we decide if the polar bears would like cookies or not?

See you in sunny Florida!!

I checked my name on his website.. I'm on the good list. And I'll take the seat the furthest back in the sleigh.. I have two doggies who get gassy from time to time so I hate to think of 9 gassy reindeer :hide::faint:

Will you help me out of this jacket I borrowed from Diane first ?

Sorry Pogo, you might be wearing that jacket for a while.. seems I dropped the key to the chains into the hole we broke in the frozen lake in order to get the salmon to feed the polar bear....

Did somebody smell chili-dogs in the air?

Nope, no chili dogs - they've recalled all the chili dog sauce due to botholism... don't you read your paper or watch the news?

dlpmikki
07-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm sailing as fast as I can up my river to get to you guys to rescue you! As it is an english boat it is a bit bond like and works great on water, ice or roads so I should be able to save you soon. It may be a bit tardis like too so I can fit a lot more of you in than you think!

Christine - it may be tardis like in another way in that I may aim to take you to WDW but it might end up somewhere else. Would Skaro suit you?

Well the weather was much better today so we ate supper on the deck and felt sorry for all our saturday guests who could not enjoy it with us. Even so I suspect the deck was more inviting then than the artic today! What were you thinkinh of Ken? PS - great bear outfit Pogo!

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Well Christine, I'm certain I must be on the "nice" list!! Do you think there will be room for me on the sled, or will I be stuck up here?

Hop on Maria! We'll be there in no time!

Oh, was she giving a subtle hint about WDW? I thought her subtle hint meant "I want to go to a place where I can freeze my Margaritas with no effort".

What???? :confused: :shrug:

Watch out for that old man trying to lure you into his "sleigh". That's my older brother. He's crafty like that.

I'll risk it to get to WDW!!

I checked my name on his website.. I'm on the good list. And I'll take the seat the furthest back in the sleigh.. I have two doggies who get gassy from time to time so I hate to think of 9 gassy reindeer :hide::faint:

Hop on! Just move that sack of toys out of the way!

Christine - it may be tardis like in another way in that I may aim to take you to WDW but it might end up somewhere else. Would Skaro suit you?

Mikki, since I don't know what tardis or Skaro mean, I better stay on the sleigh! :thumbsup: :blush:

dlpmikki
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Mikki, since I don't know what tardis or Skaro mean, I better stay on the sleigh! :thumbsup: :blush:

Christine, are you saying that even apart from not watching the Star Wars movies you have not heard of Dr Who????? :drama:

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Christine, are you saying that even apart from not watching the Star Wars movies you have not heard of Dr Who????? :drama:

Ohhhh, is that what your earlier comment was about a "bond boat"...James Bond??

Yeah, I've never seen a single 007 movie in my life. Sorry! :secret: :blush:

dlpmikki
07-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Ohhhh, is that what your earlier comment was about a "bond boat"...James Bond??

Yeah, I've never seen a single 007 movie in my life. Sorry! :secret: :blush:

The Bond boat was a reference to Bond but Dr Who is someone else entirely. Maybe you had better wait for Ellen to come and explain all to you. Dr Who is a very useful chappie, even if he is not from earth and has two hearts. Maybe we should just send you camping instead?

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
The Bond boat was a reference to Bond but Dr Who is someone else entirely. Maybe you had better wait for Ellen to come and explain all to you. Dr Who is a very useful chappie, even if he is not from earth and has two hearts. Maybe we should just send you camping instead?

So Dr. Who is not from the 007 movies? I am so confused. :confused:

All I know is I don't want to be in space, or in this frozen wasteland, or in a James Bond movie, and most definitely not a campground!

Can't we just go to WDW now???

disneydeb
07-23-2007, 05:31 PM
:)That's OK I work for Santa around Christmas time. I'm an elf :elf: as well as a teacher.:teach: Is there any doubt my favorite place to vacation includes a Fantasy Land?

dlpmikki
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM

All I know is I don't want to be in space, or in this frozen wasteland, or in a James Bond movie, and most definitely not a campground!

OK, there was a Dr No in the bond movies but Dr No is not Dr Who. Dr No was bad and Dr Who is good (honest!)

Christine, you can't go to WDW until October and you need to move house at a different time to the trip. Until then camping in the frozen wasteland is your best bet if you won't go with my Dr Who. Is that clearer now? :thedolls:

disneydeb
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
OK, there was a Dr No in the bond movies but Dr No is not Dr Who. Dr No was bad and Dr Who is good (honest!)

Christine, you can't go to WDW until October and you need to move house at a different time to the trip. Until then camping in the frozen wasteland is your best bet if you won't go with my Dr Who. Is that clearer now? :thedolls:

Have we all forgotten infamous Dr. What?or was it Dr. Watt?

alpro2
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Are you freakin' kidding me???

Nice going Christine. :mad: Way to go. It all YOUR fault. ;)

Yes, I believe Alex is still on board.. I don't think he abandoned ship on us... :D
Oooooooo, ah, ah, ah, ah (monkey sounds, get it?) :D

Do you think my name is on the list? :thedolls:

Now you can see why the pink golf balls come in handy. Try finding the white ones in the snow! ;)

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:43 PM

What is this, some kind of tough love???

Isn't there a smilie for a laying down, kicking, screaming, fist pounding temper tantrum???

In the meantime, I guess this will have to do...

:mad: :angry: :fit: :nope:

and lastly

:cry:

Where is your Dr. Who going? :pout: :sad:

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Nice going Christine. :mad: Way to go. It all YOUR fault. ;)

I'm sorry :sad: ..... monkey boy!

dlpmikki
07-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Now that is the question! Want to find out?

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Since I forgot my question in that last post, can I be sentenced to IASW? I'll do whatever it takes to get me into WDW!!

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Now that is the question! Want to find out?

Yes please. :sad:

Are you SURE he's nice???

Christine
07-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Mikki, did I do good on Word Association???

dlpmikki
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Since I forgot my question in that last post, can I be sentenced to IASW? I'll do whatever it takes to get me into WDW!!
No :thedolls:

Yes please. :sad:

Are you SURE he's nice???
The only way to find out is to get in the Tardis and see where the doors open up. Is that ok? If you want to search the internet to find out about his dark past then feel free :D

Mikki, did I do good on Word Association???

Yes you did. One brownie mark back from the several dozen you have dropped so far today on this topic! ;)

ElenitaB
07-23-2007, 05:59 PM
What were you thinkinh of Ken? PS - great bear outfit Pogo!
Ken, really... what were you thinking? :freeze: If you wanted a compass with no direction, we could have just borrowed Capt. Jack's (maybe Lynne can convince him to let us borrow it now... I think Christine could make it work). As for Pogo's bear outfit... it's not an outfit, hence the need for Nair. ;)

That's the deal... you never quite know where the good Doctor may end up (though he does seem to have a plan). Kind of like a certain drummer we know.

I survived the conference calls (and no, they weren't the recorded kind... they were the Ellen-and-her-manager-presenting kind), only to be called onto an urgent call with a bunch of work ending up on my lap for tonight. Oh well, all's fair in love, war and work, right?

Here's some puncture-healing :pixie: for Harry! Poor kid! Didn't you guys teach him to look before he sits down? Jenn, you didn't put on Saturday's baby shower, did you? Oh, and should we bring anything special to Saturday's party? :wine: , perhaps? Cake would be nice for a change from all the cookies (hint, hint).

Nat, green nail polish? Is it at least a nice, soft :marg: color?

Well, being a summer baby, I'm not too fond of our present location but I'll hang around for the company if y'all will have me. Oh, and I have special cookies for the polar bears, using the recipe for salmon croquettes my mom used to make (:ack:). I think they'll like them.

Oh, and I seemed to have missed the connection between cardboard and Chinese food. Is this something I don't want to know about?

Later, all!

drummerboy
07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Hop on Maria! We'll be there in no time!

I'll risk it to get to WDW!!

Hop on! Just move that sack of toys out of the way!

Who says my brother is going to WDW with the "sleigh"?

By the way, Dr. Who's on first?

Christine
07-23-2007, 06:13 PM
If you wanted a compass with no direction, we could have just borrowed Capt. Jack's (maybe Lynne can convince him to let us borrow it now... I think Christine could make it work).
I definitely know what I want most!!

As for Pogo's bear outfit... it's not an outfit, hence the need for Nair. ;)

Now that's funny! :laughing:

That's the deal... you never quite know where the good Doctor may end up (though he does seem to have a plan). Kind of like a certain drummer we know.

Then how would this be different?

Well, being a summer baby, I'm not too fond of our present location but I'll hang around for the company if y'all will have me.

I'm a summer baby too! But we don't HAVE to stay here...remember, I have access to a sleigh that is WDW bound!

Because I'm the one doing this :gangster:

quiet, you!

pogo
07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I checked my name on his website.. I'm on the good list.
Are you sure you looked at the right list ? :D

Sorry Pogo, you might be wearing that jacket for a while.. seems I dropped the key to the chains into the hole we broke in the frozen lake in order to get the salmon to feed the polar bear.... I don't think so...... my Cousin will save me.... won't you Jenn ?

PS - great bear outfit Pogo!
Why thank you Mikki ! Does it make me look younger? :confused:

Mikki, since I don't know what tardis or Skaro mean, I better stay on the sleigh!
Forgive her Mikki..... she's never watched Dr. Who.

Christine............. Tardis is:
Time
And
Dimensions
In
Space

Skaro is a fictional planet from the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. Got it ? :D

alpro2
07-23-2007, 07:34 PM
What's on second?

disneydeb
07-23-2007, 08:10 PM
What's on second?

and I don't know is on third....

Is that right?

Christine
07-23-2007, 08:22 PM
You guys are killing me...

Does anyone want to guess what Wednesday is???

disneydeb
07-23-2007, 08:35 PM

:yay: Iknow that one! It is the day I begin my 30th year as a teacher! Yes, I begin school July 25th.:thumbsup::muscles::clappy: Do I win anything?

pogo
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
You guys are killing me...

Does anyone want to guess what Wednesday is??? Is it the day after Tuesday ? :D

Christine
07-23-2007, 08:49 PM
:yay: Iknow that one! It is the day I begin my 30th year as a teacher! Yes, I begin school July 25th.:thumbsup::muscles::clappy: Do I win anything?

Congratulations (but :( that school starts so early...I thought my DD's school was bad for going back Aug. 27th). That is truly a momentous milestone!

Now I don't wanna say what mine was! It is by no stretch that impressive!

Is it the day after Tuesday ? :D

I'll go with Pogo's answer now, okay? :blush:

pogo
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Congratulations (but :( that school starts so early...I thought my DD's school was bad for going back Aug. 27th). That is truly a momentous milestone!

Now I don't wanna say what mine was! It is by no stretch that impressive!

I'll go with Pogo's answer now, okay? :blush: Come on Christine....... we really want to know, don't we Deb ? :confused:

alpro2
07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
July 25.

Do I win a prize, Birthday Bladder Babe? ;)

drummerboy
07-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Holy cow! Thirty years?!? Hear that Pogo? She can't be that far behind us. :old:

pogo
07-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Holy cow! Thirty years?!? Hear that Pogo? She can't be that far behind us. :old:

Well...... let's see....... 30 years teaching...... 4 years college........ graduated high school at age 18....... makes Deb about 52 or so unless she was held back a year or two in school. :confused:

Yep.... she's :old: alright.

How'd I do ? :D

Beast_fanatic
07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Did someone crank down the a/c? It seems a little nippy in here.

dlpmikki
07-24-2007, 03:40 AM
Why thank you Mikki ! Does it make me look younger? :confused:

Forgive her Mikki..... she's never watched Dr. Who.

Christine............. Tardis is:
Time
And
Dimensions
In
Space

Skaro is a fictional planet from the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. Got it ? :D

You missed out the R - Relative. Time and Relative Dimensions in Space - TARDIS. It looks small on the outside but is much bigger on the inside.

Skaro is the home planet of the Daleks - a lovely vacation destination :D (not)

Do you think anything could make you look younger Pogo? Even after you have been naired the wrinkles will probably be a bit of a giveaway.

I think Christine needs to be sat in front of a TV and forced to watch some of this great stuff she has missed - Star Wars, Bond and Dr Who. It could be in a camp like the one from Adams family values. Do you think Christine would emerge with a smile like Wednesday's after she had watched all the Disney movies?

alpro2
07-24-2007, 07:37 AM

Well...... let's see....... 30 years teaching...... 4 years college........ graduated high school at age 18....... makes Deb about 52 or so unless she was held back a year or two in school. :confused:

Hey Deb, didn't you use to baby sit for Moses?

Do you think anything could make you look younger Pogo? Even after you have been naired the wrinkles will probably be a bit of a giveaway.

I think Christine needs to be sat in front of a TV and forced to watch some of this great stuff she has missed - Star Wars, Bond and Dr Who. It could be in a camp like the one from Adams family values. Do you think Christine would emerge with a smile like Wednesday's after she had watched all the Disney movies?
Ooooh, Mikki, I like the way you think. :thedolls: I bet you are probably as bad as some of us smart-alex's. :thedolls:

disneydeb
07-24-2007, 08:14 AM

I've never claimed to be behind anyone!:D

Actually, I graduated high school when I was 17 and I'm beginning my 30th year tomorrow and I was never held back. So I am 50! Ain't it nifty!:D

No, but I pulled him from the water. I am the Princess of deNile.;)

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM

Ooooh, Mikki, I like the way you think. :thedolls: I bet you are probably as bad as some of us smart-alex's. :thedolls:I didn't know she had it in her! Way to go Idaho!!!! :thumbsup:

Can't we just go to WDW now???I am feeling horrible for you right now Christine -- but I think that Mikki's solution is best...for you and for the JQ group as a whole. Will you come quietly?

I survived the conference calls only to be called onto an urgent call with a bunch of work ending up on my lap for tonight. Oh well, all's fair in love, war and work, right? Don't you hate how that happens??!!! You get through one lot to end up with another! Take it easy Ellen!

Jenn, you didn't put on Saturday's baby shower, did you? Oh, and should we bring anything special to Saturday's party? :wine: , perhaps? Cake would be nice for a change from all the cookies (hint, hint).Yes, I put on the baby shower ( I tend to do all the events -- it's my lot in life -- I can throw a good party). So Ellen's bringing the wine to the big party on Saturday. Can you also pick up some of those cookies I didn't recognize the name of? Thanks. I'll take care of the rest:thumbsup:

I don't think so...... my Cousin will save me.... won't you Jenn ?Of course I'll save you! Can you lend me $20 for the locksmith? ;)

disneydrmr
07-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Oh, and I seemed to have missed the connection between cardboard and Chinese food. Is this something I don't want to know about?

Yeah, it's probably something you don't want to know about.. though I think it was only in China itself that it was happening...

Well, there's ALWAYS a good brother and a bad brother.. since you are obviously the 'bad' brother that makes your brother the good brother, thus the good brother will take us to WDW cause that is where good brothers take people... only bad brothers take people to frozen wastelands.... HEY! Is that the Yeti over there?

Are you sure you looked at the right list ?

Yeah, I KNOW it's the right list since your name, Alex's name and Ken's names weren't on it! :D

It's the day that marks only 5 more months until Christmas!!! :santa3:

Iknow that one! It is the day I begin my 30th year as a teacher! Yes, I begin school July 25th.:clappy: Do I win anything?

Congrats on your 30 years as a teacher! THANK you for those many years of service to the youth of our country!

You can ask Ken this also since he and Moses attended the same nursery school. ;)

offwego
07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
...The North Pole.Please collect your parkas and mucklucks at the door (designer mucklucks for certain, ahem, passengers).
You do know that Uggs are so two years ago right?

You need a phone booth first me thinks.

What is this, some kind of tough love??? We are helping you get ready for the next stages of home construction...is it working yet?

I'm sorry :sad: ..... monkey boy! EEKS a missing question..did the polar bears eat it?

Nat, green nail polish? Is it at least a nice, soft :marg: color?
Oh, and I seemed to have missed the connection between cardboard and Chinese food. Is this something I don't want to know about? Somewhere in China there was some scandal about a filling in a dumpling or similiar that was made out of cardboard...and then not or something.

It is kind of a softish green (very lime coloured clothing type) and I already have shoes to match. At WDW I love to use colours I would never ever wear in my real life. And the name "get in lime" just cracked me up..after all you do get in a line or two at WDW don't you?

drummerboy
07-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Well, there's ALWAYS a good brother and a bad brother.. since you are obviously the 'bad' brother that makes your brother the good brother, thus the good brother will take us to WDW cause that is where good brothers take people... only bad brothers take people to frozen wastelands....

And then there are bad brothers and worse brothers. You didn't notice the words stenciled on the side of the "sleigh"? "Uncle Santa's Rehabilitation Camp for Bad Little Toys". Climb aboard, Christine, muwahahahahaha.

ElenitaB
07-24-2007, 10:09 AM
A week and two days before a shared JQ birthday... :party:

:yay: Iknow that one! It is the day I begin my 30th year as a teacher! Yes, I begin school July 25th. Do I win anything?
Our eternal appreciation, a big bottle of aspirin (or Valium, your choice), and as many visits with my friend Rita :marg: as you'd like. :hug:

Terribly... don't you know that you never state a woman's age (without subtracting 10 years from it off the top).

Yeah, it's probably something you don't want to know about.. though I think it was only in China itself that it was happening...

Somewhere in China there was some scandal about a filling in a dumpling or similiar that was made out of cardboard...and then not or something.
I'm all for recycling but there are limits :sick:

It is kind of a softish green (very lime coloured clothing type) and I already have shoes to match. At WDW I love to use colours I would never ever wear in my real life. And the name "get in lime" just cracked me up..after all you do get in a line or two at WDW don't you?
Okay... the nail polish police will let you pass this time (as long as it's not glow-in-the-dark lime green). The name is cute and any color that reminds me of a cocktail is a keeper, right?

Okay... on to today's show! (E-mailed my work in last night at 9:00 and felt really proud of myself. I even patted myself on the back but I seemed to have pulled a muscle.) Later, all!

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Didn't you just love Jerry Orbach?

drummerboy
07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
You mean when he played "Charlie Davenport" in "Annie Get Your Gun"? :D

I'm getting a little rest until the show opens again on Thursday. DW and I just collapsed in front of the TV last night.

How are the mucklucks and parkas holding out? Anybody need some thermals? We've got a special on DDBOH's (Drummerboy Discount Battery-Operated Heaters) for a limited time. For those of you who are wandering about aimlessly in the frozen wilderness, we've got a special on GPS systems too.

I had a 'get out of camp free' card somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. I don't guess anybody needs it anyway. :thedolls:

drummerboy
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh, has anybody figured out whether that crunching noise is people walking about in the snow and ice or Alex eating cookies?

offwego
07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Okay... the nail polish police will let you pass this time (as long as it's not glow-in-the-dark lime green). The name is cute and any color that reminds me of a cocktail is a keeper, right?

Should have seen the "Cinderella" blue I had one year..lots of CM's commented on it being just perfect for the fairy godmother.

I had a 'get out of camp free' card somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. I don't guess anybody needs it anyway. :thedolls:
I'll take it!! Did I tell you I had to book a camping trip for my boss? Talk about weird..how am I supposed to know what kind of a site his family would like? Oh well it's done now.

pogo
07-24-2007, 10:54 AM

Even I wouldn't have said that ! :D

Actually, I graduated high school when I was 17 and I'm beginning my 30th year tomorrow and I was never held back. So I am 50! Ain't it nifty!:D
You are 50 ? But you look much younger. ;)

Of course I'll save you! Can you lend me $20 for the locksmith? ;)I would but I can't get my hand out of this jacket to give it to you. :confused:

Yeah, I KNOW it's the right list since your name, Alex's name and Ken's names weren't on it!
Wow..... I think I should be hurt by that remark....... but I'm not. :D

Terribly... don't you know that you never state a woman's age (without subtracting 10 years from it off the top).
I'm sorry.... is that the rule ? :D

Who ? :confused:

offwego
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Who ? :confused:

The voice of lumiere in Beauty and the Beast...and of course one of the longest running "detective's" on law and order. He also had a very very long stage career which I think is what Jen & Ken are alluding too. All clear now?

pogo
07-24-2007, 11:18 AM
The voice of lumiere in Beauty and the Beast...and of course one of the longest running "detective's" on law and order. He also had a very very long stage career which I think is what Jen & Ken are alluding too. All clear now?

:idea: Ah yes....... thanks Nat. What do I owe you ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 11:23 AM
You mean when he played "Charlie Davenport" in "Annie Get Your Gun"? :D

:idea: Ah yes....... thanks Nat. What do I owe you ? :D
Don't count on it Nat -- he's still bound up and can't get at his wallet!! I was listening to him (Jerry Orbach, not Pogo) as Lumiere, and thinking ---- "I don't think anyone else could have done this properly." He is one of my all time favourites...it was a dark day on Broadway when he passed.

On to lighter things.... Did anyone find the seal steaks? The polar bears are making a u-turn right for the RV!!

Christine
07-24-2007, 11:25 AM

You're assuming I would live to emerge from it!

(and by the way, I've never seen the Adams Family Values movie either! :fresh: )

I am feeling horrible for you right now Christine -- but I think that Mikki's solution is best...for you and for the JQ group as a whole. Will you come quietly?

:nope: I think I add an element of surprise and wonder by being "off the loop" from the JQ group, pop culture-wise.

And then there are bad brothers and worse brothers. You didn't notice the words stenciled on the side of the "sleigh"? "Uncle Santa's Rehabilitation Camp for Bad Little Toys". Climb aboard, Christine, muwahahahahaha.

Again, it couldn't be any worse, could it?

Ooooo, what are your plans??? More importantly, what wish will you make when you blow out the candles???

Wasn't he the dad in Dirty Dancing? See! I have seen PLENTY of classics in my time! :thumbsup:

offwego
07-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Don't count on it Nat -- he's still bound up and can't get at his wallet!! I was listening to him (Jerry Orbach, not Pogo) as Lumiere, and thinking ---- "I don't think anyone else could have done this properly." He is one of my all time favourites...it was a dark day on Broadway when he passed.

On to lighter things.... Did anyone find the seal steaks? The polar bears are making a u-turn right for the RV!!

Seal steaks do not sound lighter to me..

I really liked him as well. And as to collecting from Pogo isn't that why the invented direct debit?

pogo
07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Wasn't he the dad in Dirty Dancing? See! I have seen PLENTY of classics in my time! :thumbsup:
You mean you've seen Deb ? :D

I really liked him as well. And as to collecting from Pogo isn't that why the invented direct debit? Yeah....... like I'm gonna give you my account number. :funny:

Would somebody let me out of this jacket now, please ? :(

offwego
07-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah....... like I'm gonna give you my account number. :funny:

You do want out of the jacket don't you?

pogo
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
You do want out of the jacket don't you? Well.... I can't write down my account number because I'm in this jacket.:wait: Let me out of it and then I can write it down for you......... yeah..... I can write it down for you. ;) That's what I'll do. :thumbsup: You can trust dear old pogo !

What do you think........ does that work for you ? :D

disneydrmr
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh, has anybody figured out whether that crunching noise is people walking about in the snow and ice or Alex eating cookies?

Um, do you think that crunching noise is coming from the polar bears that are nibbling on the bumper of the rv?

Here's a small can of tuna.. think that would tide them over?

Please be patient.. I'm trying to fish the key out of the water. Maybe if I had a trained worm on the end of the hook.. then he could drag the hook to the key, connect them and then I could reel them up.... does Drummerboy Discount Stuff offer any trained fishing worms?

Well.... I can't write down my account number because I'm in this jacket.:wait: Let me out of it and then I can write it down for you......... yeah..... I can write it down for you. ;) That's what I'll do. :thumbsup: You can trust dear old pogo !

Hmmmm... I think we are all actually enjoying watching you typing your posts out with your nose! :D

offwego
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Well.... I can't write down my account number because I'm in this jacket.:wait: Let me out of it and then I can write it down for you......... yeah..... I can write it down for you. ;) That's what I'll do. :thumbsup: You can trust dear old pogo !

Not so much..besides I have a strict cash first trust later policy.

Hmmmm... I think we are all actually enjoying watching you typing your posts out with your nose! :D Ahah...so he can type the account number with his nose then. Good thing I can coach him thru the micr part isn't it?

Christine should I tell Pogo about the fee structure or wait?

Christine
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Christine should I tell Pogo about the fee structure or wait?

Oh I think you should definitely wait :plot: . He won't agree to anything if he knows the fees ahead of time!

Well gang, I'm off to do a dreaded errand. Olivia is due her second hepatitis shot and her appt. is today.

Sadly, she is not much better a patient than her mommy, so I am not looking forward to it. When she has gotten her shots previously, you'd have thought they were taking her whole arm off!

They are going to use the shot guard on her, so I hope it will help. Has anyone else seen these things? They're brilliant!

offwego
07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
They are going to use the shot guard on her, so I hope it will help. Has anyone else seen these things? They're brilliant!

Can't say I have...since my only problem with them is seeing it does it cover your arm or your eyes?

Should we be getting Jenn one for Harry?

alpro2
07-24-2007, 12:41 PM

Or a week and 5 days before yet another shared JQ birthday....:party:

Want to know how young I will be? ;)

Actually, I am eating Eksimo Pies. :D

pogo
07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Hmmmm... I think we are all actually enjoying watching you typing your posts out with your nose! :D
What makes you think I'm using my nose ? ;)

Oh I think you should definitely wait :plot: . He won't agree to anything if he knows the fees ahead of time!
Hey.... you never know until you try. Don't you like me anymore, Christine ?:confused:

Should we be getting Jenn one for Harry?
:nope: They need armor instead. :D

drummerboy
07-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Umm, I think the Eskimos want their pies back. They're willing to trade for some blubber cookies.

Does anybody have an RV bumper repair kit? There seems to be bite marks in mine.

pogo
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Umm, I think the Eskimos want their pies back. They're willing to trade for some blubber cookies.
Wow...... you let them cut off some of your blubber to make cookies ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM

Want to know how young I will be? ;)

41 (I read your trip reports last year!)

All these Leos in one place! It's a wonder we make it through the day!!!!

P.S. Our northern aboriginal people are now known as Inuit. Did you forget where you are? Please remember that you are in the land of political correctness ... Inuit Pies .... Inuit Pies :nono:

alpro2
07-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Does anybody have an RV bumper repair kit? There seems to be bite marks in mine.
DW take it out for a spin again?

Did you remember to put the snow tires on that puppy?

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I just googled it and got some strange results..... Why are they putting underpants from Japan on her for a needle? :confused:

pogo
07-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Leo............. who's Leo ? I didn't know we had a Leo on this ship. :confused:

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Leo............. who's Leo ? I didn't know we had a Leo on this ship. :confused:
Euan's godfather is named Leo, but we call him Roley. Roley's son is also named Leo, but we call him Greg. Make sense?

pogo
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Euan's godfather is named Leo, but we call him Roley. Roley's son is also named Leo, but we call him Greg. Make sense?

:bang: I'm so confused. Anybody got any pain reliever for this headache ? :D

alpro2
07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
41 (I read your trip reports last year!)

P.S. Our northern aboriginal people are now known as Inuit. Did you forget where you are? Please remember that you are in the land of political correctness ... Inuit Pies .... Inuit Pies :nono:
Et tu Brute? :drama:

Um, Jenn, why are you shouting in pink?

Inuit? How is that pronounced? In - you - it? Or in - you - we?

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Um, Jenn, why are you shouting in pink?
Why it's your signature colour, and I'm shouting from the rooftops in your honour! :D I'll be 41 in 3 years too! :thumbsup:

Inuit? How is that pronounced? In - you - it? Or in - you - we?In - you - it . I'm impressed by your other choice though Alex -- that's quite french of you. Tres bilangue! Tres bien!

Is it wrong that I just bought a Mars Bar and wolfed it down without sharing it with all y'all?

alpro2
07-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Why it's your signature colour, and I'm shouting from the rooftops in your honour! :D I'll be 41 in 3 years too! :thumbsup:

Remember this conversation. 3 years will come very quickly. :thedolls:

Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
In - you - it . I'm impressed by your other choice though Alex -- that's quite french of you. Tres bilangue! Tres bien!

We wee! La planche a voile. Mercy buckets.

How's my French? :D

Christine
07-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Can't say I have...since my only problem with them is seeing it does it cover your arm or your eyes?

I just googled it and got some strange results..... Why are they putting underpants from Japan on her for a needle? :confused:

Japanese underpants? Hmmm...

No, this little device is a round disc, about the size of a WDW Tollhouse Ice Cream cookie (using terms everyone will be familiar with!) and it is covered in little plastic prongs (like those on a plastic fork, but a tad sharper.)
There is a hole in the middle. The nurse puts the disk on their arm, and the child feels all these slight stinging pokes, then she slips the needle of the shot in the center and they don't realize one poke from another!
It distracts the brain or something.

Strange, I don't tend to need a little pokey disc to do that! :secret:

Don't you like me anymore, Christine ?:confused:

I adore you, Pogo! I wouldn't give you such a hard time if I didn't!!!

Is it wrong that I just bought a Mars Bar and wolfed it down without sharing it with all y'all?

That is wrong on SO many levels!! :pout:

pogo
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I adore you, Pogo! I wouldn't give you such a hard time if I didn't!!!
:woohoo: I knew it.......... She adores me........ :joy:... hear that Alex ! :clappy::crazy::heart::thanks:

Will you let me out of this jacket, pretty please ? :D

Christine
07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Will you let me out of this jacket, pretty please ? :D

Will you help me get us out of here if I do????

Ken, tomorrow is my birthday. Can we PLEASE go to Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America, on the planet Earth???

(I figure I better be VERY specific since my hints last time ended us up in THIS place!)

alpro2
07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
:woohoo: I knew it.......... She adores me........ :joy:... hear that Alex ! :clappy::crazy::heart::thanks:

Yeah....she adores you like a toothache.

What about me Blad..., um, I mean, Christine? :blush:

offwego
07-24-2007, 01:28 PM
:bang: I'm so confused. Anybody got any pain reliever for this headache ? :D Yes...still waiting on that other info though.

Inuit? How is that pronounced? In - you - it? Or in - you - we? Nice guess there Alex..did you research this as part of your upcoming visit to the wilds of Ontario?

I'll be 41 in 3 years too! :thumbsup:Is it wrong that I just bought a Mars Bar and wolfed it down without sharing it with all y'all? Not sharing is fine so long as I can remind you that I won't be 41 for 5 years...is that ok?

Remember this conversation. 3 years will come very quickly. :thedolls:.

How's my French? :D Not if we all keep talking in pink. Could take forever.

And your french is well...unique. You do know that the cdn. french interesting words are not used in France for the same purpose right? You'll have to learn a whole new set if you've been only learning one of them.

Christine
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM

What about me Blad..., um, I mean, Christine? :blush:

Yes, dear, I adore you too. I love all my little JQ fellas!

(geesh, ladies, have the men always been this needy??)

Yes...still waiting on that other info though.

Not sharing is fine so long as I can remind you that I won't be 41 for 5 years...is that ok?

Atta girl! Are you a Leo too???

pogo
07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Will you help me get us out of here if I do????
Sure will. :fingers:

Ken, tomorrow is my birthday. Can we PLEASE go to Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America, on the planet Earth??? Come on Big Guy........ It's her birthday. Christine........ According to the calender, it says your going to be 61. You don't look a day over 50. Are you really that old ?

You're just jealous......... so there ! :D

Not sharing is fine so long as I can remind you that I won't be 41 for 5 years...is that ok?

Aaawwwww..... you're just a :baby: ...... I din't realize how young you were....... I mean you look good....... very young looking indeed !

(geesh, ladies, have the men always been this needy??) Even the Big Guy ? He's the one that put us on this frozen tundra. :D

Christine
07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Christine........ According to the calender, it says your going to be 61. You don't look a day over 50. Are you really that old ?

According to WHAT calendar???

No, I'm going to be 27...for the 9th year in a row!

pogo
07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
According to WHAT calendar???

No, I'm going to be 27...for the 9th year in a row!

On the Intercot Calender.

Are you still gonna let me out ? :(

drummerboy
07-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow...... you let them cut off some of your blubber to make cookies ? :D
Can you think of a quicker way to lose weight?

Hear that guys? She thinks we're little. Brings a tear to my eye.

Christine
07-24-2007, 01:56 PM
On the Intercot Calender.

Are you still gonna let me out ? :(

You know I would, but apparently at my age I probably shouldn't do anything that stenuous! :old:

Are Blythe, Lynne, Sandy, and the rest holding out for a better destination??? (Not that one could blame them!) Anyone heard from them??

Christine
07-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Hear that guys? She thinks we're little. Brings a tear to my eye.

That's right, Darlin'...precious little angels!

(:whew: this is getting exhausting!)

Well, I better go...Olivia's appt. is at 2:00. Wish us luck!

Did the polar bear get Di and Jenn??? Or did PETA get them for their tuna and seal steaks???

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Well, I better go...Olivia's appt. is at 2:00. Wish us luck!

Did the polar bear get Di and Jenn??? Or did PETA get them for their tuna and seal steaks???
Uhhh...It's already 2 here. You're cutting it a bit close, aren't you?

Christine
07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Uhhh...It's already 2 here. You're cutting it a bit close, aren't you?

Nope, it's only 1:04 here, but I have to make some stops along the way!

There's only a one hour difference between TX and Canada?? That seems strange!

pogo
07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Hear that guys? She thinks we're little. Brings a tear to my eye. Is it that or is it because there's a Walrus on your foot ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Nope, it's only 1:04 here, but I have to make some stops along the way!

There's only a one hour difference between TX and Canada?? That seems strange!
The time lines are longitudnal -- so there is Newfoundland time (2 1/2 later than Texas), Atlantic time (2 hours later than Texas), Eastern time (1 hour later than Texas), Central Time (same as Texas) and then there is Mountain Time (1 hour earlier than Texas).

Time zones were established in order to regulate train travel by Sir Sanford Fleming (a Canadian born in Scotland). I studied Geography at University. Can you tell?

disneydrmr
07-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow! You guys have been quite chatty!

[

Um, did you forget who you were talking to? Has this thread EVER been politically correct? :D

Ken, I don't think you have to worry about that bumper anymore... I just saw it over there.. the penquins seem to be using it as a sled...

Hmmm.. think they meant Stitch's evil clone "Leroy"?????

:bang: I'm so confused. Anybody got any pain reliever for this headache ?

Yeah, just keep knocking your head against the wall.. sooner or later you'll knock yourself out and the pain will be all gone! :D

You really have forgotten to whom you are speaking.. this whole 'no direction' thingy has you quite confused.. you are on the Just Questions thread.. the one that is filled with cookieaholics and chocoholics....

Actually I convinced the polar bear to dive for the key to Pogo's jacket...he got it but now wants a ride to Disney World in exchange for the key...

The time lines are longitudnal -- so there is Newfoundland time (2 1/2 later than Texas), Atlantic time (2 hours later than Texas), Eastern time (1 hour later than Texas), Central Time (same as Texas) and then there is Mountain Time (1 hour earlier than Texas).

Time zones were established in order to regulate train travel by Sir Sanford Fleming (a Canadian born in Scotland). I studied Geography at University. Can you tell?

Um, so is it time to go home from work yet?:confused:

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Now...I'm just putting this out there .... I'm not pointing fingers or trying to start anything.... but.... You guys do know that there are NO PENGUINS in the Arctic, right? I just had to get that off my chest..... There are Polar Bears and Seals and Inuit and Arctic Foxes and even Arctic Char (which is quite tasty BTW :eat: ) ... but Penguins are a southern bird .... hence the huge number of warm weather ones. There is a Greenland Shark that DH and I learned about.... he's up this way... very cool. I bet there is even a Puffin or two in the far north.... AND there are flying reindeer AND elves!!!!

disneydrmr
07-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Now...I'm just putting this out there .... I'm not pointing fingers or trying to start anything.... but.... You guys do know that there are NO PENGUINS in the Arctic, right? I just had to get that off my chest..... There are Polar Bears and Seals and Inuit and Arctic Foxes and even Arctic Char (which is quite tasty BTW :eat: ) ... but Penguins are a southern bird .... hence the huge number of warm weather ones. There is a Greenland Shark that DH and I learned about.... he's up this way... very cool. I bet there is even a Puffin or two in the far north.... AND there are flying reindeer AND elves!!!!

Hmmm..... Ken did fly awfully low over that zoo on the way here....think he teleported the penquins on board? :penguin::teleport::penguin:

offwego
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
(geesh, ladies, have the men always been this needy??) Atta girl! Are you a Leo too???
You have no idea..and no not a leo so it's more like 5.5 years sorry. I'm a Saggitarius or something.

Aaawwwww..... you're just a :baby: ...... I din't realize how young you were....... I mean you look good....... very young looking indeed !
/QUOTE] Are you trying to be one with the jacket?

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1365929]Um, so is it time to go home from work yet?:confused:
doesn't appear to be time yet. Perhaps if Jenn keeps us informed we will learn how to combine the Tardis with the time zones to make that happen?

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
doesn't appear to be time yet. Perhaps if Jenn keeps us informed we will learn how to combine the Tardis with the time zones to make that happen?
Hilarious! I snorted on that one! :thumbsup:

I know who Dr. Who is, but alas, I have never watched....so I don't have all the detes. Is Who on first?

disneydrmr
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
I know who Dr. Who is, but alas, I have never watched....so I don't have all the detes. Is Who on first?

I don't know... but if you tell me who's on second and third, maybe we can figure it out by process of elimination?

pogo
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Now...I'm just putting this out there .... I'm not pointing fingers or trying to start anything.... but.... You guys do know that there are NO PENGUINS in the Arctic, right? I just had to get that off my chest..... There are Polar Bears and Seals and Inuit and Arctic Foxes and even Arctic Char (which is quite tasty BTW :eat: ) ... but Penguins are a southern bird .... hence the huge number of warm weather ones. There is a Greenland Shark that DH and I learned about.... he's up this way... very cool. I bet there is even a Puffin or two in the far north.... AND there are flying reindeer AND elves!!!! OK...... so where is Harry :penguin: ?

Are you trying to be one with the jacket? Yeah.... I kinda like it........ do me a favor..... scratch my nose for me ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
OK...... so where is Harry :penguin: ?Harry's missing? :jaw::eek: Does his mother know?

offwego
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I know who Dr. Who is, but alas, I have never watched....so I don't have all the detes. Is Who on first? I know it starts on the BBC...however I can really only recall the old ones with a guy with a somewhat scruffy scarf (me thinks called a muffler in UK speak). No baseball though.

I don't know... but if you tell me who's on second and third, maybe we can figure it out by process of elimination? Like on an island?

Yeah.... I kinda like it........ do me a favor..... scratch my nose for me ? :D EWWWWWW

Harry's missing? :jaw::eek: Does his mother know?
Don't worry he's with my son but who knows where that is.

DS sent me an email today from the grandparents...told me it was ok to read the HP book first...as if I was going to wait till he'd read it after he gets back at the weekend...duh!!

disneydeb
07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Congrats on your 30 years as a teacher! THANK you for those many years of service to the youth of our country!

You can ask Ken this also since he and Moses attended the same nursery school.

Thank you and I like your nursery school quote!:thumbsup:

A week and two days before a shared JQ birthday...

Our eternal appreciation, a big bottle of aspirin (or Valium, your choice), and as many visits with my friend Rita as you'd like.

:confused:I thought our birthday was on a Friday. Maybe we should ask Mom.;)

Thankyou I'll take the valium AND the:marg:.:D

I really don't mind people knowing my age. But NEVER ask me my height!:D

Of course I'll save you! Can you lend me $20 for the locksmith? ;)

Will you take $50 to leave him in lock-up?:D

dlpmikki
07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
A quick who's Who biography:

1 - It all started in the 60s with William Hartnell who looked in his 60s and was a crotchety old gent and travelled with a grandaughter amongst others (hmm - maybe it was ken in disguise?)
2 - Patrick Troughton came next and he was a bit younger and played a recorder
3 - Then came the star - Jon Pertwee who bought Dr Who into the age of colour TV (also had a go at being Worzel Gummage if anyone on that side of the pond has heard of that character). he liked gadgets so would probably have got on well with Alex. he also had a glamorous but effective assistantso that could cover a number of us JQers
4 - next came a long lasting younger Dr in the form of Tom Baker. (He with the long scarf and the metal dog)
5 - Peter Davison came next and he was a bit too nice for the part
6 - Colin Baker did not make a good Dr - too erratic and un Dr like
7 - Sylvester McCoy was the last original TV Dr Who and he bought back the air of mystery. He had a cameo role in the film but we won't count that Dr really as it was a one off.
8 - The new regeneration of the Dr was Christopher Eccleston and the writing made this a smash hit after more than 20 years off our TV screens. However he only lasted one series and now.....
9 - ......we have David Tennant who played Casanova and it shows! He is fun, serious, clever - just about all you could ask of a Dr Who.

Does that help with who came first and second?

Oh christine - have you read any Harry Potter books? If you say yes you are really going to have to watch all those films because you will enjoy them after all!

pogo
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Will you take $50 to leave him in lock-up?:D
I feel so hurt right now. Why don't you want me on the loose ? :confused:

disneydeb
07-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Because you are shedding!
Do I have to get out the vaccum again?

dlpmikki
07-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Someone as ancient as him or Ken will always be shedding now. Don't you think it a bit unfair to keep him under control permamently? If you even could!!?

disneydeb
07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Someone as ancient as him or Ken will always be shedding now. Don't you think it a bit unfair to keep him under control permamently? If you even could!!?

Is this a trick question?:confused:

ElenitaB
07-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Well gang, I'm off to do a dreaded errand. Olivia is due her second hepatitis shot and her appt. is today.
How did she do? Ben's due for his 11-yr-old shots. We were away for his birthday and since then I've been looking for a time to work it into my chemo schedule (it would be a disaster if I were to get sick from him). Of course, he's not a very good patient :fit: when it comes to getting stuck. I guess the bottom line is that I'm trying to avoid the drama.

With whom on the JQ thread do you share your bday?

DS sent me an email today from the grandparents...told me it was ok to read the HP book first...as if I was going to wait till he'd read it after he gets back at the weekend...duh!!
Let the poor child live his delusion that he rules your world. ;)

Isn't there a penalty for getting philosophical without benefit of :wine: ?

Okay... back to work for me (sigh).

Christine
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
How did she do?

She did great! She was so brave! She didn't cry or even appear nervous once we got there. Her nurse is really cute and "hip" and I think Olivia was trying to be "mature" and cool! And the shot guard worked like a charm! She said it hurt much worse than the shot!

I was really nervous she'd freak, b/c when we got there, they said the CDC had changed some requirements and not only was she in need of her second Hepatitis A shot, but now she needed a repeat Chicken Pox vaccine!

But she came through with flying colors. She won't let me take the band-aids off though until John gets home and sees them!

Oh christine - have you read any Harry Potter books? If you say yes you are really going to have to watch all those films because you will enjoy them after all!

Never read the books or seen the movies...sorry! :blush:

What's for dinner? Someone out there HAS to be doing better than we are! We're having one of Olivia's favorites (a treat for being so brave with her shots)...spaghetti with butter and parmesean. She hates tomato sauce!

alpro2
07-24-2007, 08:20 PM
You remind me of Hermione Granger. :D

EWWWWWW

He said scratch it, not pick it!!!!

Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
Never read the books or seen the movies...sorry! :blush:

No Star Wars, Dr. Who, or Harry Potter! Christine, Christine, Christine! What shall we do with you?

disneydeb
07-24-2007, 08:32 PM
With whom on the JQ thread do you share your bday?

:party:?Can you guess ?:party: I know!:thumbsup::party:

pogo
07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
It's a good thing I've got this jacket on. If I'm shedding, will I get colder ?

Someone as ancient as him or Ken will always be shedding now. Don't you think it a bit unfair to keep him under control permamently? If you even could!!? Hey..... you're not that far behind us Grandma !

He said scratch it, not pick it!!!!

No Star Wars, Dr. Who, or Harry Potter! Christine, Christine, Christine! What shall we do with you?
Help me get this jacket off and we'll trick Christine into putting it on. It will be easy.... I think she is a blonde. Then we'll make her watch Star Wars......... every episode ! :D

:party:?Can you guess ?:party: I know!:thumbsup::party:
I have no idea. But....... would it be Lynne ?:confused:

Christine
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Help me get this jacket off and we'll trick Christine into putting it on. It will be easy.... I think she is a blonde. Then we'll make her watch Star Wars......... every episode ! :D

You would do that to me??? :cry:

And for your information, I am only half blonde! (I need to get my roots done BAD!!) :secret:

pogo
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
You would do that to me??? :cry:
Aw shucks....... I'm sorry I made you cry. Come over here and help me get this jacket off and I'll never say that again. OK ? :D

Beast_fanatic
07-25-2007, 12:02 AM
How did the blonde woman break her leg while raking leaves?

ElenitaB
07-25-2007, 12:25 AM
What's for dinner? Someone out there HAS to be doing better than we are! We're having one of Olivia's favorites (a treat for being so brave with her shots)...spaghetti with butter and parmesean. She hates tomato sauce!
Gee, I had ratatouille and NutriSystem lasagna. And for dessert I had a faux pineapple upside down cake made with NutriSystem apple cake. Surprisingly, neither were too bad. Ben had a N/S burger -- frightening because they're freeze-dried and you reconstitute them with boiling water. It brought to mind the earlier conversation about well, you know what...

Glad to hear that Olivia did so well. Will she get a reaction to the shot?

Jenn, how's Harry, Prince of the Kingdom of Swingline, doing?

And while I'm asking, where are our nightshift nurses? Lynne, Blythe... where are you guys?

Okay, Rhonda, how did the blonde break her leg while raking the leaves?

(Pssst... while she's distracted taking care of Olivia, someone get out the cake for Christine's birthday. Who's bringing the balloons?)

Dsnygirl
07-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Wow!! A couple days away and you guys move FAST!! I'm up there, looking for the ship.... suddenly this crazy looking RV goes flying by, heading straight for the most deserted, desolate & vast place on earth... WHY would I think I belonged on THAT crazy thing??? Oh.... b/c it belonged to my beloved JQ crew.... sheesh!! :freeze:
It's chilly here!!! How did we end up in this place??? Ooops... sorry... I guess that was already discussed... :blush:

Christine - it may be tardis like in another way in that I may aim to take you to WDW but it might end up somewhere else.
Whoo hoo!! A tardis!! Bring it on, Mikki - NOW you're talking my language!! I'd LOVE a ride in a tardis!! (I'm an old fan from way back... well, actually, I guess not THAT far back, after reading your anthology on Dr. Who... but I watched it in the 70's and 80's when I was little. Tom Baker days... LOVED it!!)

Wasn't he the dad in Dirty Dancing? See! I have seen PLENTY of classics in my time!
Way to go, Christine!! That was DEFINITELY a classic!! :thumbsup: Sounds like something I'd like to pop in and watch right now, actually....

:ack:

Are Blythe, Lynne, Sandy, and the rest holding out for a better destination??? (Not that one could blame them!) Anyone heard from them??
Sorry.... had quite a few busy days between work and family stuff... and then my post on Sunday night got eaten by the computer, so I gave up on re-trying! I'm at work now, and it's (shhhh.... don't say the "Q" word....) peaceful, so I have a few minutes to catch up. (Although w/ the way you guys have been going, it's taken quite a bit more than a few minutes!! :whew:)

Never read the books or seen the movies...sorry!
:eyes:

And while I'm asking, where are our nightshift nurses? Lynne, Blythe... where are you guys?

:here: Here I am!! Sorry.... I'll try to be better... my daughter has had quite the monopoly on the computer, as she got a new computer game that allows her to be a vet, and it is in 3-D, and she now owns her own clinic with a special horse area... she has cured over 70 rabbits, 10 cats and has made over $3000.... so far be it from us to stand in her way!! ;) (and that's only with a short bit on the computer each day!! Imagine what she could do with her potential unlimited!! ) anyway - between her new love and my DH's need to get a little after-hours work done, it's been pretty darned near impossible to get anywhere near a computer at home. Plus, we've been out of the house a lot -- the weekend was gorgeous -- so, here I am again at work, catching up!! (Getting eye strain while doing it, too!)

Okay -- this has got to be my longest post ever -- and have I even asked a question yet?? Oh yes --- WHAT are we doing here????

Dsnygirl
07-25-2007, 02:49 AM
:party: Oh, and by the way Christine - CONGRATS on 4000!!! I KNEW I'd miss it... way to go!! Hmmm... gotta find a question.... oh!!

Can I be the first to wish you a :minnie: :birthday: :minnie: ??

Have a GREAT day!!

drummerboy
07-25-2007, 08:09 AM
So if it's Bladder Babe's birthday and it's the 25th, does that mean she's 25? I get so confused.

I need a vote on whether we should give her a one-day reprieve and let her do the 30 rounds through IASW today. [Don't tell her we're reprogramming the :thedolls::thedolls: to do segments from Star Wars, Dr. Who, Harry Potter, etc.]

Happy Birthday Christine!

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 08:46 AM

Your dinner sounds yummy! I LOVE pasta with butter and parmesean cheese! Actually I pretty much love all pasta! :D All I had last night was a Lean Cuisine and a salad.. my dh and I have a deal.. if I can get down to 115 lbs by my trip to Disneyland I'll be 'allowed' to buy a new Stitch doll!!!

How did the blonde woman break her leg while raking leaves?

She fell out of the tree... :drummer:

(Pssst... while she's distracted taking care of Olivia, someone get out the cake for Christine's birthday. Who's bringing the balloons?)

I'll bring the balloons! Think she'll care if they are Star Wars balloons? With a few camping themed ones thrown in? They were on sale...

Happy Birthday Christine! AND.. congrats on 4,000 posts! :party:

ElenitaB
07-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Happy birthday, Christine! Hope you're enjoying your day!

Okay... an extra cookie to anyone who can identify the following characters: :trio:

I need a vote on whether we should give her a one-day reprieve and let her do the 30 rounds through IASW today. [Don't tell her we're reprogramming the :thedolls::thedolls: to do segments from Star Wars, Dr. Who, Harry Potter, etc.]
I vote yes and let's send her to the Great Movie Ride instead with a nice bucket of popcorn, and just show her some nice excerpts at the end so she can see a bit of what she's been missing. I guess the theaters in her neck of the woods don't show much in the way of movies nor do the cable channels show much in the way of sci-fi. But we're can help out there, right? :D

I'll bring the balloons! Think she'll care if they are Star Wars balloons? With a few camping themed ones thrown in? They were on sale...
Good idea, Di! :thumbsup:

Gifts over there on the sideboard next to the cookie tray. I got her a new Barbie doll complete with a little RV.

Later, all!

dlpmikki
07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Happy birthday Christine! :cake:

Do I see a pile of DVDs of films that you haven't watched as your presents? I do? And some chains to hold you in place while you watch?

Oh, OK - we will send you to WDW for the day but you get to watch films all day instead of going to the parks. :thedolls::thedolls::thedolls:

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Gifts over there on the sideboard next to the cookie tray. I got her a new Barbie doll complete with a little RV.

Great idea on the gift! I'll run out and get her the Barbie Camping equipment! I'll even spring for the delux one... you know.. the one that comes with the mosquito zapper and the air mattress.

Oh, OK - we will send you to WDW for the day but you get to watch films all day instead of going to the parks. :thedolls:

Hey - couldn't we put her on the Star Wars ride for several cycles? And make her spend all her birthday money in the Star Wars gift shop?

offwego
07-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Let the poor child live his delusion that he rules your world. ;). No delusions sorry. This is the kid who thinks people move cause their mom's get promoted. (apparently other reasons like needing more/less room etc have never occured to him).

Your dinner sounds yummy! I LOVE pasta with butter and parmesean cheese! Actually I pretty much love all pasta! :D All I had last night was a Lean Cuisine and a salad.. my dh and I have a deal.. if I can get down to 115 lbs by my trip to Disneyland I'll be 'allowed' to buy a new Stitch doll!!!

Happy Birthday Christine! AND.. congrats on 4,000 posts! :party:

Happy Birthday Christine!! Don't worry too much about the dvd's...I'm sure you distract most of us with cake. And should we not throw in a Harry Potter ballon or two?

And Di dear...for weight loss one asks for clothes not dolls. Of course jewlery is always ok as well.

DH won't make bets with me any more since I won a diamond bracelet from him...and convinced him that I should get my 10th ann. band for my 7th..any ideas as to why this is?

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
And Di dear...for weight loss one asks for clothes not dolls. Of course jewlery is always ok as well.

DH won't make bets with me any more since I won a diamond bracelet from him...and convinced him that I should get my 10th ann. band for my 7th..any ideas as to why this is?

Clothes are a must when you lose weight.. so that's not really a 'prize'. DH has told me I have too many Stitch dolls and I couldn't have any more.. so that is why Stitch is my 'inspiration' prize. I KNOW when I get down to 115 I'll NEED new clothing so that won't be an issue. I really don't wear much jewlery. Just my wedding rings. So, did you get your 15th anniversary band for your 10th?

Mickey'sGirl
07-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Just zooping in to wish Christine a Happy Birthday! I got you the 6 Star Wars DVD's. Do you love them? :darth:
But NEVER ask me my height!:D Will you take $50 to leave him in lock-up?:DWhat is your height? And... you'll have to pm me the wire transfer info. :secret:

She did great!
What's for dinner? Good for Olivia! :thumbsup: I smuggled a 6 inch cold cut sub into Hairspray for dinner..... Both were TERRIFIC!!

You remind me of Hermione Granger. :DYou aren't far off.... Just older and straight hair!

Jenn, how's Harry, Prince of the Kingdom of Swingline, doing?You are very funny... Stanley seems to be the brand of choice in these parts...He's doing well... counting down the days until they are removed. He had to call my mom (who has had all of her joints replaced, and some body parts removed altogether) about her staple removal experiences.... He's worrying about that pain now.

Do I see a pile of DVDs of films that you haven't watched as your presents? I do? And some chains to hold you in place while you watch?Great minds must think alike Mikki! :thedolls:

Can't stay long -- gotta get Euan to speech therapy, and Harry for a tutoring assessment ... then out to get some stuff for the big party on Saturday. I'll zoop you later!

offwego
07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Just my wedding rings. So, did you get your 15th anniversary band for your 10th? It's in Sept...so I'll let you know then. What am I supposed to tell him he should get me?

Can't stay long -- gotta get Euan to speech therapy, and Harry for a tutoring assessment ... then out to get some stuff for the big party on Saturday. I'll zoop you later!
Is anyone else worried about a star wars/harry potter fan who can zoop you?

drummerboy
07-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Just got some exciting news. Back in the spring I submitted a short story for a fiction writing contest our State Bar Journal was holding. I just found out that I got third place, and they'll publish the story in the Winter issue (which comes out around January). :thumbsup::muscles::clappy:

Just for that, I might even crank up the RV and move us all to... shall I say it? Orlando.

offwego
07-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Just got some exciting news. Back in the spring I submitted a short story for a fiction writing contest our State Bar Journal was holding. I just found out that I got third place, and they'll publish the story in the Winter issue (which comes out around January). :thumbsup::muscles::clappy:

Just for that, I might even crank up the RV and move us all to... shall I say it? Orlando.

WOW!! That is so cool. Congrats to you! I'm always impressed by all the things your involved with Ken even if we do tease you some.

So do we all get copies?

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 12:19 PM

Don't forget to pick up extra stuff for Saturday... I believe the Magic RV will be making a stop for the party - right Ken?

It's in Sept...so I'll let you know then. What am I supposed to tell him he should get me?

An open ended account at all the shoe stores in your town? :D

Oooohhhh.... don't forget she's also a Galactic Hero... so yeah.. I think we should all be worried that she's threatening to zoop us later.

Just got some exciting news. Back in the spring I submitted a short story for a fiction writing contest our State Bar Journal was holding. I just found out that I got third place, and they'll publish the story in the Winter issue (which comes out around January). Just for that, I might even crank up the RV and move us all to... shall I say it? Orlando.

YEAH for Ken! :stitch::clappy::yay::woohoo: That is AWESOME!!! And I do think that Orlando would be a wonderful place to celebrate your achievement! I'll even buy a round of Mickey Ice Cream bars to celebrate (once we all thaw out :freeze:)

pogo
07-25-2007, 02:23 PM
What is your height? And... you'll have to pm me the wire transfer info.
That is SO NOT FUNNY !:mad:

He had to call my mom (who has had all of her joints replaced, and some body parts removed altogether) about her staple removal experiences.... He's worrying about that pain now.
Did you kiss it and make it all better for him ? :D

What am I supposed to tell him he should get me?
A divorce ?????? :funny:

Go ahead....... I dare ya. :D

YEAH for Ken! That is AWESOME!!! And I do think that Orlando would be a wonderful place to celebrate your achievement! I'll even buy a round of Mickey Ice Cream bars to celebrate (once we all thaw out :freeze:)
I'd buy the second round if somebody would let me out of this jacket. Somebody..... please ? :(

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I'd buy the second round if somebody would let me out of this jacket. Somebody..... please ? :(

I told you.. the polar bear has the key... maybe Drummerboy Discount Mediators can step in and help you with negotiations. Last I heard the Polar bear was demanding a trip to WDW, 50 tons of Salmon, 40 tons of salmon cookies, and 100 tons of pink golf balls.

Hmmmm.. on that last demand.. have you been nice to Alex lately?

pogo
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I told you.. the polar bear has the key... maybe Drummerboy Discount Mediators can step in and help you with negotiations. Last I heard the Polar bear was demanding a trip to WDW, 50 tons of Salmon, 40 tons of salmon cookies, and 100 tons of pink golf balls.

Hmmmm.. on that last demand.. have you been nice to Alex lately?

What do you mean by nice ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Just got some exciting news. Back in the spring I submitted a short story for a fiction writing contest our State Bar Journal was holding. I just found out that I got third place, and they'll publish the story in the Winter issue (which comes out around January). :thumbsup::muscles::clappy:Congratulations Ken! BTW I am RELIEVED that the Winter issue isn't coming out in August! That would have confused us all!!

Oooohhhh.... don't forget she's also a Galactic Hero... so yeah.. I think we should all be worried that she's threatening to zoop us later.
Now, you all realize that I achieved all this because I never had to use any of my special powers. The power is in the idea of power. BTW...my Harry Potter book JUST arrived so guess what I'll be doing for the next however long...?

That is SO NOT FUNNY !:mad:You don't mean that. It was very funny. :funny:

Off to read! I'll zoop you again later since this was such a raging success! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
07-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I gotta go, but first, I'm loading everybody up for the trip to Orlando so Bladder Babe can celebrate her b'day and I can celebrate my good news. No new thread but you still have to buckle in.

Did I tell you I'm putting Pogo in charge of steering? That is, if he can get out of that jacket in time. No telling where we'll end up if he has to steer with his nose.

Off we goooooooooo...

Mickey'sGirl
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I gotta go, but first, I'm loading everybody up for the trip to Orlando so Bladder Babe can celebrate her b'day and I can celebrate my good news. No new thread but you still have to buckle in.I can't believe you caved into peer pressure!!! :jaw: I was enjoying the Arctic!

Wow! Watch your speed on the ice during lift off! Do you want an experienced "northern" drive to take the wheel until we're airborne?

What are we doing first at the World guys????:thumbsup:

offwego
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
A divorce ?????? :funny:

So I can pay spousal support? How is that a gift for me? Besides why would I want a divorce...DH does housework it doesn't get better than that. Unless of course your implying that he would like one...and thinking somehow that my shoe collection would look better on him?

And Di I like your thinking but that would be hard to wrap and give to me at Citrico's don't you think?

Off we goooooooooo... You rang? or are you just trying to distract me from Pogo...

pogo
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
I gotta go, but first, I'm loading everybody up for the trip to Orlando so Bladder Babe can celebrate her b'day and I can celebrate my good news. No new thread but you still have to buckle in.

Did I tell you I'm putting Pogo in charge of steering? That is, if he can get out of that jacket in time. No telling where we'll end up if he has to steer with his nose.

Off we goooooooooo...
OK........ I can do this........... how can I stear this thing with this jacket on ? :confused:Hhhmmmmm....... Somebody has got to let me out or we're all doomed ! :scared: Are we going the wrong way ????? Ah..... here it is........ Wait a minute........This doesn't look like Orlando ! It looks more like........................... Yokutsk, Siberia !

I told you, somebody better let me out or we'll have to stay here ! :D

P.S. Thanks Big Guy ! I owe you one.:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 03:18 PM
What do you mean by nice ? :D

I mean, when you have insulted him and teased him, have you done it with a smile on your face? :D

Now, you all realize that I achieved all this because I never had to use any of my special powers. The power is in the idea of power. BTW...my Harry Potter book JUST arrived so guess what I'll be doing for the next however long...?

Hmmm.... will you be cleaning your house? Watching tv? Spending time with us here on JQ?

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
What are we doing first at the World guys????:thumbsup:

:stitch2::stitch: You have to ask????

And Di I like your thinking but that would be hard to wrap and give to me at Citrico's don't you think?

No, he could give you a card that tells you what he got you... OR he could give you a prepaid Visa card - a very HIGH amount prepaid visa card that you can then go and spend on all the shoes your heart desires...

OK........ I can do this........... how can I stear this thing with this jacket on ? :confused:Hhhmmmmm....... Somebody has got to let me out or we're all doomed ! :scared: Are we going the wrong way ????? Ah..... here it is........ Wait a minute........This doesn't look like Orlando ! It looks more like........................... Yokutsk, Siberia !

I told you, somebody better let me out or we'll have to stay here ! :D

P.S. Thanks Big Guy ! I owe you one.:thumbsup:

Ok, ok.. let me go get the chain saw.. I'm sure I can get those chains off of you.....

pogo
07-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok, ok.. let me go get the chain saw.. I'm sure I can get those chains off of you.....
Cool ! Will you be carefull and promise not to cut me ? :D

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Cool ! Will you be carefull and promise not to cut me ? :D

Ok, I promise... now, I'll just close my eyes and start this thing up... ooohhh.. what a cool noise... hey, what's that over there... ooopss.. sorry... didn't mean to cut the awning... ok, where was I aiming.. oh yeah, those pesky chains... hmmm.. I think I need someone to hold onto the chains for me and pull them just a bit away from Pogo's body.. any volunteers?

pogo
07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Ok, I promise... now, I'll just close my eyes and start this thing up... ooohhh.. what a cool noise... hey, what's that over there... ooopss.. sorry... didn't mean to cut the awning... ok, where was I aiming.. oh yeah, those pesky chains... hmmm.. I think I need someone to hold onto the chains for me and pull them just a bit away from Pogo's body.. any volunteers?
:help: I'm :scared: Please don't let Ellen pull my chain ! :D

Will this take long ? :confused:

ElenitaB
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
He's doing well... counting down the days until they are removed. He had to call my mom (who has had all of her joints replaced, and some body parts removed altogether) about her staple removal experiences.... He's worrying about that pain now.
Tell him it's much scarier looking than feeling. Done right, he shouldn't feel a thing at all!

Just got some exciting news. Back in the spring I submitted a short story for a fiction writing contest our State Bar Journal was holding. I just found out that I got third place, and they'll publish the story in the Winter issue (which comes out around January).

Yeah... thank you, thank you, thank you, oh benevolent one! :notworth: Now I can get rid of this jacket!

BTW...my Harry Potter book JUST arrived so guess what I'll be doing for the next however long...?
Mine arrived today too. Now I'll have something to read while waiting for tomorrow's CT scan.

Off we goooooooooo...
At this rate, we'll end up in Neverneverland, but that works too!

If we're going to do a birthday tour, can we go to Ontario this weekend (I want cake :yes: ) and NY and Tennessee next week? Of course, if it's the birthday child's choice, can we go to Castaway Cay next Thursday or Friday? :cloud9: Fresh chocolate chip cookies and Konk Koolers for all!

Oh, so that's what a chainsaw is for... That's quite logical though, isn't it? Now just hold still, Pogo... it shouldn't hurt at all.

pogo
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
OK..... Ok...... :wait: ....... What's taking so long ? :D

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
:help: I'm :scared: Please don't let Ellen pull my chain ! :D

Will this take long ? :confused:

Won't take long at all.. as long as you don't move.... Hmmmm... I better go get some goggles would hate to have blood splatter in my eyes... Um, wait, I mean, I'd hate to have the sparks from the chains get into my eyes... :D

Oh, so that's what a chainsaw is for... That's quite logical though, isn't it? Now just hold still, Pogo... it shouldn't hurt at all.

Yep, that's what a chainsaw is for.. and don't worry.. Stitch taught me how to use it! Now, should we have Pogo close his eyes? Maybe we should use that shot guard thingy that Christine was telling us about...

pogo
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Won't take long at all.. as long as you don't move.... Hmmmm... I better go get some goggles would hate to have blood splatter in my eyes... Um, wait, I mean, I'd hate to have the sparks from the chains get into my eyes... :D

Yep, that's what a chainsaw is for.. and don't worry.. Stitch taught me how to use it! Now, should we have Pogo close his eyes? Maybe we should use that shot guard thingy that Christine was telling us about...

You are really having fun........... aren't you ? :D

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
You are really having fun........... aren't you ? :D

Aren't you????? :D

dlpmikki
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Are we letting pogo go or 'letting pogo go' as in getting rid of him?

Hope you enjoy reading HP tomorrow Ellen!

offwego
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1367201No, he could give you a card that tells you what he got you... OR he could give you a prepaid Visa card - a very HIGH amount prepaid visa card that you can then go and spend on all the shoes your heart desires...[/QUOTE] The whole pre-paid thing isn't a big deal here. And our "real" visa gets points that I use for airlines. It's a good idea but I'm still holding out for sparkly.

Did I tell you I got a gift card for starbucks from my boss? 100.00 for doing some techie stuff and teaching it to my co-workers. Pretty cool huh?

pogo
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Aren't you????? :D

Would you believe..... just a little ! :D

offwego
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM

Hope you enjoy reading HP tomorrow Ellen!

I don't know but I hear he want's a divorce..and after all the nice romantic things he did for his wife..humf!

So are all our HP readers going to tell us when we can talk about it?

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Would you believe..... just a little ! :D

Are you having so much fun that you forgot your question? Or did I accidently cut it out of your post with my chain saw?

pogo
07-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't know but I hear he want's a divorce..and after all the nice romantic things he did for his wife..humf!

Did I say that ? I think not ! :D

Are you having so much fun that you forgot your question? Or did I accidently cut it out of your post with my chain saw?oops...... I must have been shaking while you were coming at me with the chain saw and dropped my question on the floor. Will you help me find it ? :D

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 04:19 PM
oops...... I must have been shaking while you were coming at me with the chain saw and dropped my question on the floor. Will you help me find it ? :D

Sure! In fact, I'll just hand the chainsaw over to Stitch and let him cut you loose.. and I'll go find your question... ok?

pogo
07-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Sure! In fact, I'll just hand the chainsaw over to Stitch and let him cut you loose.. and I'll go find your question... ok?

We'll never get to WDW for Christines birthday now !:(

Christine...... I tried..... will you ever forgive me ???? :confused:

pogo
07-25-2007, 04:25 PM

Do you want to get rid of me ???? :(

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM
We'll never get to WDW for Christines birthday now !:(

Christine...... I tried..... will you ever forgive me ???? :confused:

Now why do you say that? Do you have no faith in my Stitchie Poo??? Ok Stitch, fire up that chainsaw and set Pogo free!!! (rrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm..... :stitch2: Wow! look at them sparks fly! Oops, hold still Pogo! There's one chain! Oops.. sorry Ken, that chain seems to have flipped around and knocked that fine china tea set off the counter... Ouch! Stitch! Watch it... you're getting that too close to Pogo! And watch Ellen's hands.. Ellen.. you may wanna drop that chain and get out of the way! Keep going! He's almost done Pogo! YEAH!!! Thank you Stitch! :stitch:) Ok, you are free Pogo... Pogo??? :faint: Hmmm.. does anyone have any smelling salts?

dlpmikki
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Do you want to get rid of me ???? :(

Well, with all the chain saws I was wondering what the others were planning. I mean you are shedding, missing questions, not winning competitions like ken, steering badly.... What would you do in their position?

disneydrmr
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, with all the chain saws I was wondering what the others were planning. I mean you are shedding, missing questions, not winning competitions like ken, steering badly.... What would you do in their position?

Ah, but he makes us laugh.. shouldn't that redeem him a bit? :D

Dsnygirl
07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Just got some exciting news. Back in the spring I submitted a short story for a fiction writing contest our State Bar Journal was holding. I just found out that I got third place, and they'll publish the story in the Winter issue (which comes out around January).
Congratulations!! That's awesome!! Will we be able to read it somehow??
And about Orlando.... I haven't been here in the frozen tundra as long as the rest of you, but :joy: :woohoo: !!

BTW...my Harry Potter book JUST arrived so guess what I'll be doing for the next however long...?

Same as me... ours came yesterday, and I'm still trying to rush through a re-read of 6 before I pick it up!! Dan started it last night.... so I'd better hurry, as he read 6 last year WAY before me, and was on my case to hurry up and read it so he could talk to me about it!! :blush:

Mine arrived today too. Now I'll have something to read while waiting for tomorrow's CT scan.

Good luck tomorrow, Ellen!! I've got my :fingers: for you!! :thumbsup:

So are all our HP readers going to tell us when we can talk about it?
Soon, I promise!! Hopefully by next week!! :)

Just zooping in quick before work... did everyone have a good day?? See you later tonight, I hope....

pogo
07-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, with all the chain saws I was wondering what the others were planning. I mean you are shedding, missing questions, not winning competitions like ken, steering badly.... What would you do in their position? I'd buy me a :bar: and say thanks ! What would you do ? :D

Ah, but he makes us laugh.. shouldn't that redeem him a bit? :D Thank you ! :tiphat:

Now we are off to WDW to celebrate Christines birthday ! We'll park at MK. Everbody ready ? .......... here we go....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm ! :D

Christine
07-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for turning this thing around to WDW! Today has been a tough day, but I am feeling better already to know that I will very soon be in the Magic Kingdom!!

Can we please ride Pirates first?

alpro2
07-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey where is everybody?

Hellloooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!! Seems that everybody packed up and left. Hmpf, wonder where they went.

Happy __ th Birthday Christine!

Drove 3 hours one way today to visit a customer, only to find out the customer left for a Dr appointment. Over 400 miles round trip for nuthin'. :mad:

disneydeb
07-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Ellen
I hope your CT scan goes well for you tomorrow.

Pogo
We would cry if you were to go! We just want to CONTROL you :thedolls:

Christine
I hope you had a great birthday!:party: Sure, we'll ride pirates first:thumbsup:

Alex,
Call before you go to see that customer again. He would be off my Christmas card list for sure.

I had my first day back ( we don't count the conference I attended a couple weeks ago).

It was good to see my fellow teachers. I'm really looking forward to getting the students back and hearing their summer tales.

I'm tired. Good night all and pleasant dreams.
Is it too early to go night-night?

pogo
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for turning this thing around to WDW! Today has been a tough day, but I am feeling better already to know that I will very soon be in the Magic Kingdom!!

Yes we can. :thumbsup: Why has today been tough ? Want to talk about it ? :blush:

Hey where is everybody?

Hellloooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!! Seems that everybody packed up and left. Hmpf, wonder where they went.

Happy __ th Birthday Christine!

Drove 3 hours one way today to visit a customer, only to find out the customer left for a Dr appointment. Over 400 miles round trip for nuthin'. :mad:
Don't you hate that ? One question...... why didn't you call ahead and speak with the client ?

Pogo
We would cry if you were to go! We just want to CONTROL you :thedolls:
It will never happen ! Unless...... I could start a thread titled "Just Answers" ! :D

Dsnygirl
07-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm tired. Good night all and pleasant dreams.
Is it too early to go night-night?
It is for me... I've got 12 hrs to go before I get to curl up in my bed. :(

How's everyone's night going?? Christine, being the birthday girl, I'm sorry to hear your day was tough!! Sending a :hug: and some :pixie: your way. And of course we can ride Pirates first!! I'm dying to try it!! (Only 76 days left... :joy: )

Catch you all later... off to do a little work...

pogo
07-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Wow...... whoever would have thought it. The Big Guy gives Christine here birthday wish, WDW for the day, and everybody falls asleep. :(

Would anyone mind if we leave MK and return to the cold and snow of the north pole ?

Let me see........ how do we turn this puppy on. :D

Dsnygirl
07-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow...... whoever would have thought it. The Big Guy gives Christine here birthday wish, WDW for the day, and everybody falls asleep. :(

Would anyone mind if we leave MK and return to the cold and snow of the north pole ?

I mind, I mind!! I'm enjoying it here..... virtual fun is better than virtual cold!! :D I'm hoping you haven't found the ignition yet.... where'd Ken hide those keys??? :secret:

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:57 PM
I mind, I mind!! I'm enjoying it here..... virtual fun is better than virtual cold!! :D I'm hoping you haven't found the ignition yet.... where'd Ken hide those keys??? :secret: Well you are lucky you spoke up when you did or we would have been back in the cold. Want to see the Laugh Floor Comedy Club ? You will love it ! :D

Dsnygirl
07-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Well you are lucky you spoke up when you did or we would have been back in the cold. Want to see the Laugh Floor Comedy Club ? You will love it ! :D

:whew: Phew!! Glad I caught you, just in time!! I'd love to see the Laugh Floor.... what time does the show start?? Any all night shows for us crazy night shift workers?? :popcorn:

trackbarroness
07-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Did you all forget to wake me up for the landing? Is that bear still blocking the door? And why isn't the heater on? Finally will be getting 5 day work week starting next week. Now all I have to do is get though the rest of this week. Lol

Has anyone been to DLR and do they wear different color costumes then we do here at WDW? Just curious that's all.

alpro2
07-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Don't you hate that ? One question...... why didn't you call ahead and speak with the client ?

I know, I know...but hindsight is 20-20. This rarely happens with this customer anyway. BTW, she called me later on and apologized profusely.

Ok, who is making the pancakes this morning? Do you think Jenn made some for the birthday boy today? Any leftovers Jenn?

disneydeb
07-26-2007, 07:45 AM
I know, I know...but hindsight is 20-20. This rarely happens with this customer anyway. BTW, she called me later on and apologized profusely.

Ok, who is making the pancakes this morning? Do you think Jenn made some for the birthday boy today? Any leftovers Jenn?

Well as long as it was a profuse apology and you charge a 20% fee for her absence I guess it will be OK.
Is anyone else having a hard time getting going today?

Mickey'sGirl
07-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Well... I did make Chocolate Chip pancakes for my younger boys -- Birthday Boy Brian had to settle for some Coffee Cake that I made last night when my aunt dropped in for a visit. (He did not mind:D) . Would you like some Coffee Cake? I brought the left-overs with me to work....

disneydrmr
07-26-2007, 08:34 AM

You are (actually now it's WERE) the birthday girl! So let's hop onto Pirates! Sorry to hear your day was tough... would a hug from Stitch make you better?

It was a pretty day for a drive though - right? I'd send her the bill for the gas...

I think you would find yourself right back in that special jacket if you attempted a move like that! :D

Has anyone been to DLR and do they wear different color costumes then we do here at WDW? Just curious that's all.

I'll be in DLR in November so I'll check it out for you and let you know...

Hmmmmm.. around my office the birthday person is the one who brings in the donuts or the bagels...

Is anyone else having a hard time getting going today?

I'm having a rough time - already have a headache... it's rainy and dreary here so that's not helping the mood... I just wanna go back home and crawl into bed... think we need a java jolt?

Well... I did make Chocolate Chip pancakes for my younger boys -- Birthday Boy Brian had to settle for some Coffee Cake that I made last night when my aunt dropped in for a visit. (He did not mind:D) . Would you like some Coffee Cake? I brought the left-overs with me to work....

Coffee Cake sounds good... I was very tempted to get some donuts and a cappachino this AM.. but since I'm trying to lose weight to 'earn' a new Stitch doll I didn't do it... but coffee cake can't have as many calories as a donut - right?

drummerboy
07-26-2007, 09:24 AM
coffee cake can't have as many calories as a donut - right?
Have you forgotten that JQ treats have no calories at all?

Is everyone enjoying their day at WDW courtesy of Bladder Babe? What's everybody been doing?

ElenitaB
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM

Of course we can (again and again). I hope the "Capt Jack therapy" will help lift your spirits. :hug:

There's a word for that but it's not family friendly. Are you and Maria still coming to the meet this Saturday?

Ellen
I hope your CT scan goes well for you tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. It's not the scan itself that I'm worried about... it's more the results that have me anxious. Plus the pre-meds (Prednisone) are the pits... steroids are NASTY!

How about to the north but not to the cold and snow? We can go to the Finger Lakes today and then Niagara Falls tomorrow and then onto to Jenn and Brian's on Saturday for Brian's birthday party. Does that sound like a plan?

Is everyone enjoying their day at WDW courtesy of Bladder Babe? What's everybody been doing?
I'm hanging out here instead of working... not good, huh?

On that note, later! Off to work for a bit, shower and head to the hospital! See you in the afternoon.

pogo
07-26-2007, 10:06 AM
With Brian, Harry, and Euan, there usually isn't leftovers. I've seen them in action. :D

Is anyone else having a hard time getting going today?Not me.... I never have a hard time getting going. Now if the rain holds off, Patti and I are going golfing. :D

Well... I did make Chocolate Chip pancakes for my younger boys -- Birthday Boy Brian had to settle for some Coffee Cake that I made last night when my aunt dropped in for a visit. (He did not mind:D) . Would you like some Coffee Cake? I brought the left-overs with me to work.... That's Brian in a nutshell ! Did you get him something special for his BIG day ? :D

I think you would find yourself right back in that special jacket if you attempted a move like that!
:nope: You will never get me in that thing again ! :D

Is everyone enjoying their day at WDW courtesy of Bladder Babe? What's everybody been doing? Everyone but yesterdays birthday girl. :( She's MIA, I'm afraid. Anyone seen her ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-26-2007, 10:10 AM
How about to the north but not to the cold and snow? We can go to the Finger Lakes today and then Niagara Falls tomorrow and then onto to Jenn and Brian's on Saturday for Brian's birthday party. Does that sound like a plan?I took the hot dogs out of the freezer for all y'all. ;)

That's Brian in a nutshell ! Did you get him something special for his BIG day ? :DYeah the Coffee Cake that was leftover from my aunt. Didn't you read that post??? ;)

Is everyone enjoying their day at WDW courtesy of Bladder Babe? What's everybody been doing?I am thank you Ken!! I am avoiding a horrible pile of paper that sits in front of me.... Could somebody send a wind gust my way? :fan:

pogo
07-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah the Coffee Cake that was leftover from my aunt. Didn't you read that post??? ;)
Yes............ but I mean SOMETHING SPECIAL, like a new car, a :boat:, a watch or something.

You didn't do anything special for the poor guy after all you put him through ? :D

offwego
07-26-2007, 10:21 AM
That's the worst!! So hard to say the obligatory "oh that's ok mistakes happen blah blah blah" isn't it?

On that note, later! Off to work for a bit, shower and head to the hospital! See you in the afternoon.
Hope it goes well...and the results are postive. We are all pulling for you!!

Speaking of pulling...if any of you have any spare pixie dust floating around I could use some for my Dad. Apparently he has a collapesed lung and needs surgery. He and I have what one would call a "difficult" relationship and I'm really not sure what to do about this so if there is any extra extra I could use a sprinkle or too myself. (or a big fat coffee and a virtual hug I guess) In any case I could use some cheering up..Can we go see the Peter Pan ride?

Mickey'sGirl
07-26-2007, 10:27 AM
In any case I could use some cheering up..Can we go see the Peter Pan ride?Here is some triple strength :pixie: :pixie: for you and your dad. :hug: :coffee: and some of Brian's leftover coffeecake too! :thumbsup: Let's go on the Tick Tock ride (get it right Nat). Wanna flip in to see Philharmagic since we're so close?

pogo
07-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Speaking of pulling...if any of you have any spare pixie dust floating around I could use some for my Dad. Apparently he has a collapesed lung and needs surgery. He and I have what one would call a "difficult" relationship and I'm really not sure what to do about this so if there is any extra extra I could use a sprinkle or too myself. (or a big fat coffee and a virtual hug I guess) In any case I could use some cheering up..Can we go see the Peter Pan ride? Nat.... I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes we can ride Peter Pan. Here you go :hug: and :pixie: slide into this.... it will make you feel better...... And it looks so good with your shoes ! Doesn't it feel good on you ? CLICK.................... :funny: Got ya... Let's see if anybody lets you out of the jacket ! :D

offwego
07-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Here is some triple strength :pixie: :pixie: for you and your dad. :hug: :coffee: and some of Brian's leftover coffeecake too! :thumbsup: Let's go on the Tick Tock ride (get it right Nat). Wanna flip in to see Philharmagic since we're so close?
How silly of me! And of course I would like to go to the Tick Tock ride and Philharmagic couldn't hurt at all.

And it looks so good with your shoes ! Doesn't it feel good on you ? CLICK.................... :funny: Got ya... Let's see if anybody lets you out of the jacket ! :D The jacket is gold? Cause my shoes today are gold open toe three inch deals with sequins. Are there jackets to go with that? Cause the one I bought in the winter for it is a faux mink (don't do real fur)...besides I'm pretty sure Scott will let me out if he pops around here at some point.

Or perhaps Ken might as a professional? I do have co-workers in the Carolina's after all....

drummerboy
07-26-2007, 11:32 AM
The jacket is gold? Cause my shoes today are gold open toe three inch deals with sequins. Are there jackets to go with that? Cause the one I bought in the winter for it is a faux mink (don't do real fur)...besides I'm pretty sure Scott will let me out if he pops around here at some point.

Or perhaps Ken might as a professional? I do have co-workers in the Carolina's after all....
1. The jacket is go-with-anything khaki.

2. You must be with RBC. They're everywhere around here. I might be able to find a key in exchange for a few 'key' names. (I know, I'm getting as bad as Alex.)

We reopen tonight. I haven't heard how ticket sales are going, but the Thursday nights are usually lighter. Had a good review in the paper today though.

In the meantime, I'm headed over to Haunted Mansion. Anybody coming along?

Mickey'sGirl
07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
How did you swing that? Are they opening it just for us????

Good luck with tonight by the way!:thumbsup:

offwego
07-26-2007, 12:12 PM

2. You must be with RBC. They're everywhere around here. I might be able to find a key in exchange for a few 'key' names. (I know, I'm getting as bad as Alex.)

We reopen tonight. I haven't heard how ticket sales are going, but the Thursday nights are usually lighter. Had a good review in the paper today though.

How many and how key? That's pretty easy you know. And yes you did guess correctly..but of course there are only a handful of choices here in Canada..you have a pretty much one in five chance after all.

Good luck with tonight by the way!:thumbsup: I was wondering...perhaps he's hooked that time space deal up to the RV?

disneydrmr
07-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Have you forgotten that JQ treats have no calories at all?

Nope, haven't forgotten that.. but the donuts I was gonna stop for were not from JQ...

I'm loving my day at WDW! I've been hanging with Stitch! What else do you think I'd be doing?

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. It's not the scan itself that I'm worried about... it's more the results that have me anxious. Plus the pre-meds (Prednisone) are the pits... steroids are NASTY!

Am thinking of you and praying that all goes well on tests and results.

Everyone but yesterdays birthday girl. She's MIA, I'm afraid. Anyone seen her ?

Yeah, I saw her, oh, about 15 or so posts back I believe...

Could somebody send a wind gust my way? :fan:

Want me to send Stitch? He could assist you...:D

Yes............ but I mean SOMETHING SPECIAL, like a new car, a :boat:, a watch or something.

Why should she get him something special when he already has the most special thing in Canada - JEN!!!! :D

Speaking of pulling...if any of you have any spare pixie dust floating around I could use some for my Dad. Apparently he has a collapesed lung and needs surgery. He and I have what one would call a "difficult" relationship and I'm really not sure what to do about this so if there is any extra extra I could use a sprinkle or too myself. (or a big fat coffee and a virtual hug I guess) In any case I could use some cheering up..Can we go see the Peter Pan ride?

So very sorry to hear of this... :hug::coffee: here's your coffee and your hug. Hope your dad comes thru fine!

How silly of me! And of course I would like to go to the Tick Tock ride and Philharmagic couldn't hurt at all.
The jacket is gold? Cause my shoes today are gold open toe three inch deals with sequins. Are there jackets to go with that? Cause the one I bought in the winter for it is a faux mink (don't do real fur)...besides I'm pretty sure Scott will let me out if he pops around here at some point.

Scott won't be around until Monday.. he's on vacation right now.. visiting the American side of Niagara Falls. I think he said something about taking a ride in a barrel....

Good luck with tonight by the way!

Wow Ken! You are just the man of the hour... a story winning third place... playing God in a play.... having the most magical RV in the world... and now, as Jenn said, getting Disney to open HM just for us! Let's hear it for Ken!

Break a leg tonight.. (psst.. Jenn, don't you know it's actually bad luck to wish an actor good luck?)

drummerboy
07-26-2007, 12:45 PM
How many and how key? That's pretty easy you know. And yes you did guess correctly..but of course there are only a handful of choices here in Canada..you have a pretty much one in five chance after all.

But RBC is the only one I know of with a presence in NC.
Many enough and key enough to get the office out of the slump we've been in. The real estate end of things came to a screeching halt here about two years ago.

Wow Ken! You are just the man of the hour... a story winning third place... playing God in a play.... having the most magical RV in the world... and now, as Jenn said, getting Disney to open HM just for us! Let's hear it for Ken!

Break a leg tonight.. (psst.. Jenn, don't you know it's actually bad luck to wish an actor good luck?)
Hey, you don't think I have connections? We'll have the best pre-re-opening ever. As long as you don't mind the refurb mess. :D After that I'm off the BTM.

And thanks for the break-a-leg. Funny how many superstitions there are in theater. Whistling backstage is another one of those bad luck things.

Mickey'sGirl
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Break a leg tonight.. (psst.. Jenn, don't you know it's actually bad luck to wish an actor good luck?)That was careless of me Di! Thanks for pointing it out! Do you think Ken will smite me? :thedolls:

And thanks for the break-a-leg. Funny how many superstitions there are in theater. Whistling backstage is another one of those bad luck things.Now you don't have any peacocks wandering about do you? Do you keep a light burning for the resident ghosts?

Anyone else reading Harry Potter? I can't wait to get on the train to go home so that I can read some more!!

offwego
07-26-2007, 01:43 PM
1. [QUOTE=drummerboy;1368200]But RBC is the only one I know of with a presence in NC.
Many enough and key enough to get the office out of the slump we've been in. The real estate end of things came to a screeching halt here about two years ago.
Ken if your serious PM me and I'll see what we can do..they are under some pretty serious pressure to get better at working with us so why not give them a chance at it? You don't wear the God costume to meetings right?:thumbsup:

Anyone else reading Harry Potter? I can't wait to get on the train to go home so that I can read some more!! I've read it...I'm waiting for you to get done!!

disneydrmr
07-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Hey, you don't think I have connections? We'll have the best pre-re-opening ever. As long as you don't mind the refurb mess. :D After that I'm off the BTM.

And thanks for the break-a-leg. Funny how many superstitions there are in theater. Whistling backstage is another one of those bad luck things.

Hey - after BTM will you go to Tom Sawyer's Island with me? When I was there in December no one would go with me so I skipped it... please.. I promise not to scare you in any of the cave passageways...

That was careless of me Di! Thanks for pointing it out! Do you think Ken will smite me? :thedolls:
Now you don't have any peacocks wandering about do you? Do you keep a light burning for the resident ghosts?

Anyone else reading Harry Potter? I can't wait to get on the train to go home so that I can read some more!!

You are welcome! That's what we are all here for! To point out each other's careless mistakes :D (and Alex and Pogo sure keep us busy - don't they? :D) No whistleing? Guess you can't make a pot of tea then - can you..

Sorry, not reading Harry Potter... I did just finish the final book in the Left Behind series and it was great! Why not just close your office door and read it while you're at work?

drummerboy
07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=drummerboy;1368091]1.
? You don't wear the God costume to meetings right?:thumbsup:
Depends on how much fear I have to instill. Or how much I want them to laugh. Some people have different reactions. In fact, the reviewer thought it funny that the Almighty was wearing white slacks. Go figure. :crazy::scratch::shrug:
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it.

Anybody want to visit any other rides that under refurb? I still have the special pass.

Di, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer Island in ages. Promise you won't get fresh in the caves?

disneydrmr
07-26-2007, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=drummerboy;1368320
Di, I haven't been to Tom Sawyer Island in ages. Promise you won't get fresh in the caves?[/QUOTE]

:D Unless you are my husband or Stitch you are quite safe in the caves with me.

Will you promise not to make the bridge bounce too much? Hey, wanna hide and try to scare the other JQers?;)

ElenitaB
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Hope it goes well...and the results are postive. We are all pulling for you!!

Actually in the world in which I've been living the past six years, the only "positive" is actually "negative" (as in negative "nothing there") results. So let's pull for "negative"! :cheer:

Here's a super duper dose of :pixie: (some's for your dad and some's for you. And there was a special on pixie dust, coffee and hugs... don't know who came up with that one but the coffee's an Americano Venti and the hug is Venti-sized as well!

Why should she get him something special when he already has the most special thing in Canada - JEN!!!! :D

Wow Ken! You are just the man of the hour... a story winning third place... playing God in a play.... having the most magical RV in the world... and now, as Jenn said, getting Disney to open HM just for us! Let's hear it for Ken!?
Actually, Ken was sending us in as cheap labor! He was touting our special, super-duper rehab/remodel skills to the powers that be and they went for it. I heard him mumbling over in the corner with some CMs: he was saying something about "Oh, no need for peanuts. This crew will work for cookies."

Anybody want to visit any other rides that under refurb? I still have the special pass.
Beward: "Special pass" is code for W O R K P E R M I T!

The downside to working from home is that I've lost the reading time my commute gave me. And with HP, you get two benefits: entertainment and weight training! :thumbsup: Ben's taken the book and is reading it, so I'll have to steal it away when he's doing something else. Can't wait to start... he did start reading it out loud to me. :D

Slight edit needed here, Di. Brian has one of the most special things in Canada (can't forget our other Canadian JQers). Pardon the editing... just my work life crossing over to the thread! How much trouble do you think I'd get in if the thread were to cross over into my work?

Later, all! (And thanks again for the support... love you guys).

offwego
07-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Actually in the world in which I've been living the past six years, the only "positive" is actually "negative" (as in negative "nothing there") results. So let's pull for "negative"! :cheer:

Here's a super duper dose of :pixie: (some's for your dad and some's for you. And there was a special on pixie dust, coffee and hugs... don't know who came up with that one but the coffee's an Americano Venti and the hug is Venti-sized as well!Slight edit needed here, Di. Brian has one of the most special things in Canada (can't forget our other Canadian JQers). Pardon the editing... just my work life crossing over to the thread! How much trouble do you think I'd get in if the thread were to cross over into my work? A negative it is..and thank you all again it has helped just knowing I could come here and ask believe me. Who knew family could be so difficult. It always looks like more fun in the movies doesn't it?

And Ellen your editing is funny...I think Jenn has the market covered however..I can't use the word whilst correctly.

Dsnygirl
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Well... I did make Chocolate Chip pancakes for my younger boys -- Birthday Boy Brian had to settle for some Coffee Cake that I made last night when my aunt dropped in for a visit. (He did not mind) . Would you like some Coffee Cake? I brought the left-overs with me to work....
I'm a little late to jump on the coffee cake train, but I'd still love a piece... after all, it is morning to me right now!! It'd go great with my ice coffee!! (It's 87 here.... a little warm for morning-time, I'm thinking....)

Unfortunately, no rides for me today -- just sleeping. Now, though, I think I'd like to go ride BTMRR. :train: Any takers??

Of course we can (again and again). I hope the "Capt Jack therapy" will help lift your spirits.
Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. It's not the scan itself that I'm worried about... it's more the results that have me anxious.
How about to the north but not to the cold and snow? We can go to the Finger Lakes today and then Niagara Falls tomorrow and then onto to Jenn and Brian's on Saturday for Brian's birthday party. Does that sound like a plan?

How could Cap'n Jack therapy NOT help??? :D

I sure hope the results come back "negative"... sending as much :pixie: your way as I can!!

I think a trip up to my neck of the woods would be a nice break... you all are more than welcome to stop over for a :marg: on our way to Niagara Falls!! I'll bring the ones we don't finish to Jenn's....

I took the hot dogs out of the freezer for all y'all.
Mmmm.... did you hear I'm bringing :marg: ?? Is that okay??

Sorry to hear about your dad, Nat... sending a :hug: and whatever kind of coffee you'd like your way. Family stuff like that is so hard -- esp. when things are already tough. I'd love to join you for a spin around Peter Pan/Tick Tock, too... that would definitely help!!

Wanna flip in to see Philharmagic since we're so close?
Absolutely!! :thumbsup:

I am!! Just started this morning before I went to sleep... VERY hard to not stay up and just keep reading!! I finished my re-read of book 6 last night at work, so I couldn't wait to get home and start 7. Now, I'll just have to wrestle Dan for it tonight... hopefully, he'll be happy to settle for his new copy of SI that came today. :blush:

Sorry, not reading Harry Potter... I did just finish the final book in the Left Behind series and it was great! Why not just close your office door and read it while you're at work?
Hey Di - I LOVED those books!! Pretty hard to put down, weren't they? I read them a few years ago... I own the first few, and may try to get the rest.

How is everyone today?? Glad it's almost Friday? I sure am.... I have to work tomorrow night 11-7, but we're going to Dan's company clam bake tomorrow night beforehand, and the rest of the weekend should be fun -- we have a Renaissance Festival about an hour away that performs for 6 or 7 weekends each summer and it is AWESOME... we went last year for the first time, and are going again Sunday... it was so much fun, and I can't wait. Even the girls loved it -- alot of the humor in the skits was over their heads, but they just loved all the costumes and old-fashioned rides and the jousting was amazing... I can't believe people actually wore all that stuff. Anyway - anybody else have something like that near them??

Christine
07-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Of course we can (again and again). I hope the "Capt Jack therapy" will help lift your spirits. :hug:

Thanks! It sure can't hurt!!

Everyone but yesterdays birthday girl. :( She's MIA, I'm afraid. Anyone seen her ? :D

I'm here...I had to work today :(

So sorry Nat! I will be praying for you.

I LOVE the Peter Pan ride! I say we "hop off" in Neverland! Let's hit it!

Wanna flip in to see Philharmagic since we're so close?

It'd be wrong not to, wouldn't it?? How come water doesn't spray out of the elephant's trunk during the end of the Lion King sequence??

Are you needing a new nickname...like "Rusty"??? What's with the numerical posting??? ;)

Sorry, not reading Harry Potter... I did just finish the final book in the Left Behind series and it was great!

Those are some powerful and phenomenal books! I loved every one of them!

I hope your scans come back showing that you're clean as a whistle! Negative thoughts headed your way! :thumbsup:

Well, I'm off to Bunko later tonight. Since I'm in Disney now, we're going to have it at the Tomorrowland Terrace (we'll eat sushi so we can be "paying customers" and use the tables). Anyone want to play with us? Just remember to duck tonight when Tink flies overhead!

PS- today's going much better...thanks for the care and concern you gave yesterday! :thanks:

alpro2
07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
:thumbsup:

It was a pretty day for a drive though - right? I'd send her the bill for the gas...

No worries...company car, company gas...

That's the worst!! So hard to say the obligatory "oh that's ok mistakes happen blah blah blah" isn't it?
Tell me about it. "No problem, hope you are ok, yada, yada, yada"

Hope your father is ok.

Are you and Maria still coming to the meet this Saturday?

Absolutely!

Yes. At least it gets me reading a book every two years. :D

So what is for dinner?

trackbarroness
07-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks! It sure can't hurt!!

I'm here...I had to work today :(

So sorry Nat! I will be praying for you.

I LOVE the Peter Pan ride! I say we "hop off" in Neverland! Let's hit it!

It'd be wrong not to, wouldn't it?? How come water doesn't spray out of the elephant's trunk during the end of the Lion King sequence??

Are you needing a new nickname...like "Rusty"??? What's with the numerical posting??? ;)

I hope your scans come back showing that you're clean as a whistle! Negative thoughts headed your way! :thumbsup:

Well, I'm off to Bunko later tonight. Since I'm in Disney now, we're going to have it at the Tomorrowland Terrace (we'll eat sushi so we can be "paying customers" and use the tables). Anyone want to play with us? Just remember to duck tonight when Tink flies overhead!

PS- today's going much better...thanks for the care and concern you gave yesterday! :thanks:

Wow that's awesome your here in my neck of the woods. :D Don't forget to stop by Space Mountain tomorrow and say hello to yours trully.
How long will you and your family be staying at the world?

Dsnygirl
07-26-2007, 06:32 PM

PS- today's going much better...thanks for the care and concern you gave yesterday!
I'd love to come play Bunko.... seeing as I have no idea how, will you teach me?? It's something I've wanted to learn how to play, as so many around here seem to play it, too. It's with dice, right?? :blush: As far as the sushi.... maybe... I've not tried sushi yet, although I'm thinking of giving it a go at the Food & Wine Fest in October. I've heard it's pretty good there... anyone had it??

Glad to hear today's better... I was thinking of you. :)

So what is for dinner?
Marinated & grilled chicken, fresh carrots, egg noodles sauteed in garlic and olive oil, followed by an ice-cream chaser at the park. (Concert in the park night is tonight, great country band coming. Anyone want to come dance?? :drum: :dance: :play: )

Hey Ken -- break a leg tonight!! :pixie: :thumbsup:

disneydeb
07-26-2007, 08:20 PM
I'd love to come play Bunko.... seeing as I have no idea how, will you teach me?? It's something I've wanted to learn how to play, as so many around here seem to play it, too. It's with dice, right?? As far as the sushi.... maybe... I've not tried sushi yet, although I'm thinking of giving it a go at the Food & Wine Fest in October. I've heard it's pretty good there... anyone had it??

Glad to hear today's better... I was thinking of you.

Marinated & grilled chicken, fresh carrots, egg noodles sauteed in garlic and olive oil, followed by an ice-cream chaser at the park. (Concert in the park night is tonight, great country band coming. Anyone want to come dance?? :drum: :dance: :play: )

Hey Ken -- break a leg tonight!! :pixie:

I've tried some sushi. Some of it was OK. Some was not too great.
Your grilled chicken dinner sounds a lot better than sushi!
We had baked chicken, broccoli, turnip greens and yogurt. I wonder what Pogo has to say about my choice in vegetables!:D

I thought Tennessee had a corner on the country band market! Glad to hear there is a good one near you.

Ellen
Here's a hug and some "nothing to be found" pixie dust coming your way!:hug::pixie:

Dsnygirl
07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi all... just got back from the concert - what fun! The lead singer sounded an awful lot like Kenny Chesney, and they did a good job. We didn't dance -- we just chilled out w/ Bailey and had a few :beer: while our girls stole the show. (Well, not really, but they sure had fun dancing!! :cool:) There's a playground there, too, so they split their time b/w climbing and rocking the stage. :blush: Next week, it's a really popular blues/rock 'n roll band -- we're really looking forward to that one. :D

What's everyone else up to?? I'm about to put our girls to bed and try to steal HP and hide somewhere... :plot: :bolt:

pogo
07-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi all... just got back from the concert - what fun! The lead singer sounded an awful lot like Kenny Chesney, and they did a good job. We didn't dance -- we just chilled out w/ Bailey and had a few :beer: while our girls stole the show. (Well, not really, but they sure had fun dancing!! :cool:) There's a playground there, too, so they split their time b/w climbing and rocking the stage. :blush: Next week, it's a really popular blues/rock 'n roll band -- we're really looking forward to that one. :D

OK........ I need names........ the name of the band that is.

What's the name of next weeks band ? :D

Dsnygirl
07-26-2007, 09:49 PM
OK........ I need names........ the name of the band that is.

What's the name of next weeks band ? :D
Tonight's band was Thunder Canyon, and next week it's Joe Whiting. Have you heard of him? You and Patty should come out... we've got friends coming out from Farmington for the evening, you could follow them!! :D

ElenitaB
07-26-2007, 11:15 PM
So what is for dinner?
Nutrisystem Pasta Fagioli and homemade ratatouille. I should have gone to Blythe's or Deb's for dinner tonight.

Tonight's band was Thunder Canyon, and next week it's Joe Whiting. Have you heard of him? You and Patty should come out... we've got friends coming out from Farmington for the evening, you could follow them!! :D
What??? No invitation for us? We could come in the RV?

weswerx
07-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Did anybody miss me?

Sorry, I haven't been around for awhile. I've been super busy at work lately...work stinks...but I am finally getting some time off.
So, guess where I am going this weekend?

Anybody here going to be at a certain theme park in Orlando this weekend?

I'll do my best to catch up on the boards when I get back.
See you guys real soon.:mickey:

Christine
07-27-2007, 01:28 AM
I'd love to come play Bunko.... seeing as I have no idea how, will you teach me?? It's something I've wanted to learn how to play, as so many around here seem to play it, too. It's with dice, right?? :blush: As far as the sushi.... maybe... I've not tried sushi yet, although I'm thinking of giving it a go at the Food & Wine Fest in October. I've heard it's pretty good there... anyone had it??

Bunko is played with three dice, and I'll be happy to teach you!

The food and wine festival is when I tried sushi for the first time and when I got HOOKED!

Did anybody miss me?

Of course! And where are you off to this weekend...Universal??? ;)

I'm sleepy...off to bed. Goodnight all!

disneydeb
07-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Good Morning Friends!

It's Friday! Let's go out and make it a Disney Day!:mickey:

How many days till Intercot's Big Bash?

alpro2
07-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Scott around today? Boy he sure is looking old today. ;)

Yes, for those who aren't that quick, it is Scott's birthday today. Since we are in WDW, should he wear his pin today?

drummerboy
07-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Of course! And where are you off to this weekend...Universal??? ;)
That would be my guess. :thedolls: Good to see you Wes.

Yes, for those who aren't that quick, it is Scott's birthday today. Since we are in WDW, should he wear his pin today?
He might be too feeble to put it on. Should we help him?

Well, sorry to say last night was not my best performance. I kept getting off key. (DW says it's good that I can at least tell when I'm off key.) I just couldn't get into the 'zone'. Tonight will be better.

Mickey'sGirl
07-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Well, sorry to say last night was not my best performance. I kept getting off key. (DW says it's good that I can at least tell when I'm off key.) I just couldn't get into the 'zone'. Tonight will be better.
I am sorry I jinxed you yesterday. Will you forgive me?

Dsnygirl
07-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Nutrisystem Pasta Fagioli and homemade ratatouille. I should have gone to Blythe's or Deb's for dinner tonight.

What??? No invitation for us? We could come in the RV?
Of course you're invited -- that goes without saying!! (Even though I just did... :blush:) You guys are ALWAYS welcome!! Then we could head on to Jenn & Brian's!!

Did anybody miss me?

Sorry, I haven't been around for awhile. I've been super busy at work lately...work stinks...but I am finally getting some time off.

I'll do my best to catch up on the boards when I get back.
See you guys real soon.
Welcome back, Wes! Have fun at 'the world'... :mickey: .... did you know we're all there this weekend, too?? Maybe we'll see you on a ride... :thumbsup:

The food and wine festival is when I tried sushi for the first time and when I got HOOKED!

Uh-oh... sounds like trouble.... hopefully, Dan won't gag too much when I order it....:D

75 'til we go... 76 'til it officially starts!! Whoo hoo!! :joy: :woohoo:

Sorry to hear it, Ken... I'm sure tonight will be much better!! You're voice is probably just tired from yelling on all the rides here in Orlando... ;)

Hope everyone has a great day... I'm not sure if I'll get back on today -- to much running around ahead of me. But, if I can't get the night off (trying for an 11-7 cancellation....:fingers:) then I'll be back as you all are heading off to bed!! See you all later!!

alpro2
07-27-2007, 08:48 AM
He might be too feeble to put it on. Should we help him?

Ok....hold him down. Where shall we stick the pin? :thedolls:

Originally Posted by drummerboy

So does that mean that you didn't break your leg?

Mickey'sGirl
07-27-2007, 08:54 AM
The big news around here is that my Sister in Law had a baby boy last night just before midnight. So he and his uncle share a birthday .... His start was pretty rough, and he'll be in the Neo Natal unit for a couple of days, but he's strong and beautiful according to his mom! Send some :pixie: along to little Kurt David for continued strength! Is he too young for cake?

offwego
07-27-2007, 09:10 AM
The big news around here is that my Sister in Law had a baby boy last night just before midnight. So he and his uncle share a birthday .... His start was pretty rough, and he'll be in the Neo Natal unit for a couple of days, but he's strong and beautiful according to his mom! Send some :pixie: along to little Kurt David for continued strength! Is he too young for cake?

What wonderful news!!! A nice name. And a flood of specialy sized pixie dust on it's way for a very short stay in the Neo-Natal section. Will they let them sneak in cake? When William was there they were mighty picky about going in so I don't know. May have to wait a bit. Tell Brian it's a great deal of fun to share the birthday (especially when you line up the big ones like he is...his 50th will be totally overshadowed by Kurt's 10th etc. It's fantastic!!!!) :thumbsup:

pogo
07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Good morning friends, and Alex....... just kidding Alex. What I great day to be alive ! :D

Tonight's band was Thunder Canyon, and next week it's Joe Whiting. Have you heard of him? You and Patty should come out... we've got friends coming out from Farmington for the evening, you could follow them!! :D Was Matt Chase the lead singer with Thunder Canyon ? I've performed with Matt quite a few times starting when he was about ten years old. His Mom, Thelma, is a great country singer from CNY. Never performed with Joe but love his work. :D

Are you gonna keep rubbing it in ? :(

Well, sorry to say last night was not my best performance. I kept getting off key. (DW says it's good that I can at least tell when I'm off key.) I just couldn't get into the 'zone'. Tonight will be better. Have you ever been "on key". :D

Congratulations Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Brian !

What wonderful news!!! A nice name. And a flood of specialy sized pixie dust on it's way for a very short stay in the Neo-Natal section. Will they let them sneak in cake? When William was there they were mighty picky about going in so I don't know. May have to wait a bit. Tell Brian it's a great deal of fun to share the birthday (especially when you line up the big ones like he is...his 50th will be totally overshadowed by Kurt's 10th etc. It's fantastic!!!!) :thumbsup: Oh no...... we won't let Brian's 50th get overshadowed in our Intercot Family ! I'll make sure of that ! :D

Christine
07-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Congrats on the baby nephew, Jenn! Here's a heaping helping of :pixie: to get him home soon!

Happy Birthday Scott. I said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!" :old:

(See, it's funny 'cuz my birthday's already over so he can't get me back!)

We're going to see the Simpson movie tonight...can you believe it's getting 87% on Rotten Tomatoes???

Dsnygirl
07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Congratulations!! What wonderful news... sending a whole bunch of :baby: :pixie: :pixie: Kurt's way, so that he doesn't have to stay in the NICU too long!!

Was Matt Chase the lead singer with Thunder Canyon ? I've performed with Matt quite a few times starting when he was about ten years old. His Mom, Thelma, is a great country singer from CNY. Never performed with Joe but love his work.

He was!! He did a great job... and he mentioned his mom -- must've been Thelma he was talking about. I think she may have sung w/ him on one song, but I'm not sure. How did you perform with him?? What do you play, or do you sing?? We love Joe, too.... we've been going to see him since we met, 15 years ago.... he's awesome. :D

Okay, believe it or not, I started this post 40 minutes ago but got a phone call in the middle of it -- so now we're off to the dr's and to run errands -- hope everyone's having an awesome Friday!!

ElenitaB
07-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Happy birthday, Scott! :cake: Sure are a lot of Leos around here... maybe we should have gone to the African savannah this time around. BTW, what flavor cake does everyone prefer around here? Are you vanilla, chocolate, marble, lemon or "whatever as long as it has icing" folk?

Did anybody miss me?

Hey, Wes! Welcome back... glad you found us. Look for Sandy while you're there (and us too). Have a Dole Float :papple: :cloud9: for me... but watch out for the brain freeze!

Since we are in WDW, should he wear his pin today?
Definitely his pin and we should get him one of those goofy birthday hats as well!

Tonight will be definitely better, Mizz Scarlet! Break a leg!

Never too young for cake... Ben had a lot of "filtered foods" throughout his infancy (filtered through mom, that is). Here's a great big fairygodmother load of :pixie: for a quick stay in the NICU.

We're going to see the Simpson movie tonight...can you believe it's getting 87% on Rotten Tomatoes???
Us too! Didn't Rotten Tomatoes hate POTC:3 too? Obviously they have no taste. I'm not expecting to see an Academy Award winner tonight but I do know that I'll totally enjoy Ben's belly laughs. And we just may have to stop off at 7-11 to get some donuts afterwards (:secret:).

Okay... back to work for me! I can't believe how long it took me to get over here today. Later!

pogo
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
I hope you like it. :thumbsup:

Would you believe I've never seen the Simpsons ? But then again..... I have taste in movies and TV. :D

He was!! He did a great job... and he mentioned his mom -- must've been Thelma he was talking about. I think she may have sung w/ him on one song, but I'm not sure. How did you perform with him?? What do you play, or do you sing??
Matt used to hang around the stage whenever we were in Central NY for a show. His Mom tried to get me to join their band...... but I was very happy doing what I was doing. We played Chevy Court at the NS State Fair on Labor day in 1983 for "Country Day". I play drums (retired) and sing. Doing it ever since I was 7 or 8...... Wow that's a long time ! :D

Patti and I are going to be at the Fair on Friday, August 31st to see Foghat opening for Blue Oyster Cult, if you'd like to join us. We are also thinking about going on Saturday, August 25th to see the Outlaws. To bad my buddy Rick isn't on the reunion tour with them. They are also performing at WDW for the F&W Fest, Eat to the Beat. Wish I could be there for that too. :D

disneydrmr
07-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh my, what a morning... it's been the morning from :thedolls:... anyone wanna go get some frozen margaritas with me?

Hey Di - I LOVED those books!! Pretty hard to put down, weren't they? I read them a few years ago... I own the first few, and may try to get the rest.

Yeah, this series is my favorite! I have all the books. It did take me quite a while to get this last one.. money issues and all.. but I bought it over the weekend and finished it just the other day. They really make you think.

Did anybody miss me?

Hi Wes! So, where are you going this weekend? :D

IF you would just read other people's posts you would know that Scott is not around this week.. he is on a well deserved and much needed vacation. He's spending his birthday in, oh.. dare I say it.. it just might get him in trouble on this DISNEY site.. he's at Cedar Point. Earlier in the week he was on the American side of Niagara Falls.

Let's all tell Ken to BREAK A LEG!!!!

Congrats to Auntie Jenn and Uncle Brian! Hmmm.. that means DOUBLE the cake and ice cream on his birthday!!!! And here's the :pixie::tink: for Kurt David's continued strenght!!!

drummerboy
07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Where has everybody been for the last five hours?!?

We'll see how it goes tonight. You may have to come stand in for me.

Sorry to hear it, Ken... I'm sure tonight will be much better!! You're voice is probably just tired from yelling on all the rides here in Orlando... ;)
I knew there had to be a logical explanation.

The big news around here is that my Sister in Law had a baby boy last night just before midnight. /QUOTE]
Congratulations Auntie.

[QUOTE=pogo;1369101]
Have you ever been "on key". :D
Well, I did sit on my drum key once. Does that count?

disneydrmr
07-27-2007, 04:41 PM

I've been right here.. where have you been? It's really been too quiet around here.... think everyone decided to go back to the "great white north"?

alpro2
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Would you believe I've never seen the Simpsons ? But then again..... I have taste in movies and TV. :D

Yeah Tommy, I mean Pogo, is still looking for the slot to put the coin in. :D

Originally Posted by pogo
Patti and I are going to be at the Fair on Friday, August 31st to see Foghat opening for Blue Oyster Cult
I was in diapers when those bands were in their hay-day! ;)

IF you would just read other people's posts you would know that Scott is not around this week..

I do....I just don't read YOUR posts. :D

Congrats Jenn and Brian. Can we have some cake anyway?

offwego
07-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I've been right here.. where have you been? It's really been too quiet around here.... think everyone decided to go back to the "great white north"?
Nah I was out handing out ice creams to my branches in my trading areas. Would you all like to work with me?

I was in diapers when those bands were in their hay-day! ;)
They had diapers in your day?

pogo
07-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Laying around our pool with a frozen Margarita. Don't you wish you were here ? :D

Well, I did sit on my drum key once. Does that count? Did that tighten your head ? :D

I've been right here.. where have you been? It's really been too quiet around here.... think everyone decided to go back to the "great white north"? Please refer to my first answer.

I was in diapers when those bands were in their hay-day! No wonder you don't know enough to call ahead ! :D

:funny:

disneydrmr
07-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I do....I just don't read YOUR posts. :D

If you don't read my posts then how did you find this quote to answer? :confused:

Nah I was out handing out ice creams to my branches in my trading areas. Would you all like to work with me?

Canadian trees eat ice cream????? I don't think I'll visit Canada anytime soon.. I'd hate to be eating an ice cream cone in a park and be attacked by a tree wanting my cone...

I think the diapers in his day were called fig leaves....

Laying around our pool with a frozen Margarita. Don't you wish you were here ? :D

Please refer to my first answer.

Yesh, I wish I were there.. after the horrid day we had at work my co-worker and I were talking about getting margaritas! Do you have any left?

alpro2
07-27-2007, 09:10 PM
If you don't read my posts then how did you find this quote to answer? :confused:

I think the diapers in his day were called fig leaves....

Oooowwww, look who is on Intercot after work hours! It is Bobsey Babe #1.

Originally Posted by disneydrmr
Yesh, I wish I were there.. after the horrid day we had at work my co-worker and I were talking about getting margaritas! Do you have any left.

Do you really want to be there? Have you seen Pogo in a bathing suit? :D

pogo
07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Yesh, I wish I were there.. after the horrid day we had at work my co-worker and I were talking about getting margaritas! Do you have any left? Sure do...... come on up ! :D

Do you really want to be there? Have you seen Pogo in a bathing suit? :D

Bathing suit ? ............. Who wear's a bathing suit ? :blush:

Remember...... it's my pool ! :D

Nascfan
07-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey everybody! :hi:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and the thread in the Water Cooler. You guys are the bestest!

How's everyone been doing this week? I see we've got a new thread, but did we have to go quite so far north?

ElenitaB
07-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi, Scott! Glad you're having a good birthday. Did you bring us any cake? :eat:

I'm having such a nice pop culture evening: The Simpson's Movie, Dr. Who, and now Family Guy. :cloud9:

So tomorrow we're having the NYC Icot Meet! What kind of cookies should I bring Alex?

drummerboy
07-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Looks like I won't need a stand-in after all. Tonight went much better. Thanks for all the break-a-legs, they helped.

Did that tighten your head ? :D
Oh man, did it. :D

Everybody ready for Saturday? Hope the mini-meet is fun. Mikki, are you dried out yet? Drummerboy Discount Pixie Dust on the way to everybody who needs it.

Dsnygirl
07-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Well, as you might guess, I wasn't able to get cancelled... :(... after a morning at the gym and an evening dancing, I'm beat!! :D But... when you're used to 12hr shifts, working 8 just seems so much easier.... (hopefully I'll still feel that same way at 7 am....:blush:)
The clam bake was fun.... lots of good food and they played "Deal or No Deal"... my DH was the banker, so it was pretty funny to see him w/ his shades and a computer, calling in the offers!! One contractor took home $640.... lucky him!!

Let's see.... dr's appts, errands, picking up my neice, heading off to the clambake... dancing.... is that enough?? :D

Patti and I are going to be at the Fair on Friday, August 31st to see Foghat opening for Blue Oyster Cult, if you'd like to join us. We are also thinking about going on Saturday, August 25th to see the Outlaws. To bad my buddy Rick isn't on the reunion tour with them. They are also performing at WDW for the F&W Fest, Eat to the Beat. Wish I could be there for that too.
It figures... both nights you'll be at the Fair, we can't be!! The 25th, I'm working and the 31st we'll be in Buffalo for the wknd. :( One of these days, we'll find a mini-meet that works...

So tomorrow we're having the NYC Icot Meet! What kind of cookies should I bring Alex?
Have a great time, you guys!! You all should come upstate for a meet sometime....:thumbsup:

Looks like I won't need a stand-in after all. Tonight went much better. Thanks for all the break-a-legs, they helped.

So glad tonight was better!! Where would God be without His voice?? Hope all the rest of your shows go well...

trackbarroness
07-28-2007, 05:37 AM
Good morning all. :D
I just tried to check my scedule from my home computer but got the "Forbidden" message from the webpage that I log onto to check out the information I need and want for work. Why would I get message? :confused:
Hello Wes, still waiting to see I-cottees at the mountain. I've had people say hello to me but that might be because of my name tag. Idk
So everyone have a magical day and perhaps be seeing you around the world some day. :thumbsup:

alpro2
07-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Bathing suit ? ............. Who wear's a bathing suit ? :blush:

Remember...... it's my pool ! :D
:rotfl:

The "any kind" cookie!

Have a great time, you guys!! You all should come upstate for a meet sometime....:thumbsup:

Come up for a meat? Can we get a potato with that too?

Have a great day everyone.

pogo
07-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes and the thread in the Water Cooler. You guys are the bestest!

How's everyone been doing this week? I see we've got a new thread, but did we have to go quite so far north?I hope you had a great day. Do you feel any older ? :D

So tomorrow we're having the NYC Icot Meet! What kind of cookies should I bring Alex? I'm not sure..... but could you slap him once for me, please ? :D

Glad it went well ! :D

It figures... both nights you'll be at the Fair, we can't be!! The 25th, I'm working and the 31st we'll be in Buffalo for the wknd. :( One of these days, we'll find a mini-meet that works...
It figures ! Have you been talking to Jenn, Nat, Diane and Christine about me ? Maybe that's why you keep coming up with excuses and can't meet Patti and I ! :(

Come up for a meat? Can we get a potato with that too?
Hey what the heck.... if you can drive three hours for no reason at all..... maybe you could drive another two hours for a meet in Syracuse ? We'll even throw in the potatoe ! :D