PDA

View Full Version : Princess Storybok Lunch - Norway

crazykids
07-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Does anyone have any experiences w/ this lunch? We're going so our kids can meet the princesses & we are a little nervous about the menu.

PeterPanFan
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
We do the Breakfast and its great. Never the lunch the menu scares me as well! You will be amazed at the Princesses at the breakfast and the food is very good.

:woohoo:

Becky'sMom
07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
We did the princess lunch there last week and enjoyed it. My husband is Ukranian and the food (although from Norway) reminded him of Sunday brunch when he was a boy. There is a huge appetizer salad bar that you'll go to before you get whatever you order. You'll find something you like on the menu.
A word of caution - they will do a photo shoot with you when you arrive - ours was with Snow White - not sure if that's always the case....the photo is NOT free as it is with the CRT in MK - it cost $30 some odd dollars. So don't skip taking pictures assuming you'll get one before you leave - if you want the one they took, you'll have to pay for it.
Lauren

auntbaloo
07-23-2007, 02:23 PM
DH & I took our niece (age 5 at the time) to this lunch in 2006. While the characters were great, the food was not. DH & niece are more adventurous eaters than me but we all left hungry. We were happy with the characters and interaction but not the food. Have a great time on your trip!

Goes4FastPass
07-23-2007, 03:25 PM
We attended the DINNER earlier this year and throughly enjoyed the food. Don't let some of names intimidate you, it's Disney World.

As far as the kids go, they'll eat as much there as anywhere else there are PRINCESSES milling about.

DawsonAR
07-23-2007, 08:37 PM
We have been there two times and now think it is a must do every trip. We are picky eaters and really liked the food. It is a little different but it is good. The character interaction can't be beat. I think you will love it.

pixiesmimi
07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
We did the Princess breakfast last year and loved it! The kids did too. DH and I have eaten either lunch or dinner there before and neither cared for the food. But the breakfast was really good plus we saw more Princesses here one on one than anywhere else.

Niecyboo
07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
My family tends towards adventurous eating and we actually prefer the Akerhaus over CRT. My DDs even say "There are princesses at both places, but the food at CRT you can get anywhere." The food is definitely a little unusual, but we think it is very good.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
We love having dinner at Akershus. If lunch is anything like dinner you will find something you like. My DH is the pickiest person I know and still can find something there.

Great experience!! :cloud9:

LovinWDW
07-23-2007, 11:51 PM
We have done the lunch on our last 3 trips and will be doing it again in Oct. We actually like the food. It is something different and gives you a little change of pace. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

r4kids
07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
We have done the breakfast for a couple of years and tried the lunch last trip. We really didn't like it. We were still starving afterward and we are not huge meal eaters. I recommend breakfast but lunch :ack:.

Lucyrella
07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Well we have done the breakfast at Akerhaus, and we are scheduled for lunch this trip, so with all the pro's and con's I am reading, just what is on the lunch menu? Reubens? German potatoes? What gives? Fill me in so I can see about changing it to a breakfast reservation if there are things on there that are more than "different" On a side note, I didn't think the breakfast was spectacular, just satisfying.:secret:

ElenitaB
07-24-2007, 11:30 PM
The menu can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/akershus_lunch.asp) on InfoCentral.

Lucyrella
07-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Thanks Ellen!

Looks good to me!:thumbsup:

Becky'sMom
07-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Carol,
One more note...
I see that you have 2 little China dolls - my daughter is from China too - I have been told that Mulan is there for breakfast, but she was not there at lunch...
So if that is something important to you...you may want to do breakfast instead!
I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch there, but next time I will do the breakfast since it is the only meal in Disney where Becky can get some face time with Mulan.
Lauren

pixiesmimi
07-25-2007, 09:21 AM
That is good to know the lunch menu. When we ate there before, it was dinner, I think, and I didn't care for the food. Maybe they have changed it since then. The lunch and breakfast look fine though. Thanks!

ftwildernesskid
07-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I saw on the breakfast menu that there were few things offered. Eggs, bacon, sausage... Are there other things like pancakes or potatoes there that weren't listed? Or was that the complete menu?

jedi jen
07-25-2007, 01:18 PM
We have eaten lunch there the past two years, most recently last week. We enjoy the food and the princesses. I think it was our favorite princess meal this last time. We also did the Cinderella's Gala Feast (at Grand Floridian Cafe while 1900 Park Fare is being refurbished), and CRT. I think Alkershus was great. The food is real good. I, DD(5) and DS(9) really enjoyed it.

Jennifer

Lucyrella
07-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I am glad you mentioned Mulan. We got to interact with her last year a lot. Now that we have returned with Lei Lei, maybe I should think about a breakfast instead of lunch so I can get some pictures of Lei Lei and Lucy with Mulan. Thanks for noting it.... I have been so busy planning Lucy's birthday party that Mulan slipped my mind. Shame on me!

Thanks again,

pixiesmimi
07-26-2007, 12:21 AM
For our breakfast they brought out family size platters of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, I think, biscuits, etc. A good all around breakfast. It is served family style like O'hana's but I don't think we had any pancakes or waffles. Everyone in our party enjoyed it, even the small ones (what time they weren't watching for the Princesses.) :)

SimbaandNalasMama
07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
i havent eaten there personally, but my sister took her three 4 year olds in May to lunch and they loved it. She said there was enough variety that the kids found something they liked. But like another poster said, if you have Princesses milling about, the food was last on their mind...however that does leave you to have to fool with food again later on if they dont eat at that meal. My 39 year old sister was tickled pink she got to have her picture taken with Belle. ahhh, its so fun to be young at heart isnt it? oops sorry, i digressed :blush: