PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Peeps

wizardmickey
07-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Sorry I don't seem to be able to keep my eyes open long enough to make to the closing parties (as well as missing other gatherings I've seen posted here lately.) Normally I'd blame work & such, but it's purely medication lately.
I was helping in the yard Saturday & I must've zigged when I shoulda zagged... and heard my back make a pop sound. Within an hour I was in major pain and popping pills. This morning I couldn't even get out of bed by myself, and once I was up it took me over an hour to get mobile. This is the first time since this all happened that I've actually popped the muscle relaxer 1st thing in the morning & again before bed. Needless to say, it has been Zombie-Day for me, and as I logged off from VMK it was starting to throb again.
So I'm gonna "listen to my body" and go lie down and hope that tomorrow isn't a repeat of today... I can't afford any more sick days at work!

chrisb26
07-23-2007, 01:07 AM
Aww take it easy Ice I hope your back feels better soon.

janmathatter
07-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Hope all of you starts to get better soon. I hurt my back a few years ago just by getting something out of a drawer. I couldn't get out of a chair or bed without someone helping me for a while. Don't try to do too much, rest it as much as you can.

Chescat
07-23-2007, 01:38 AM
I know exactly what's happen with you, Ice. Dog's pop has been going through all this and more. Tomorrow's his next surgery. Hopefully this fix will be it finally. :fingers:

You guys might not see me after lunch tomorrow, but hopefully I can make it back in time for closing on VMK. :)

TinkRocks
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Ice!

wizardmickey
07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
SOMEBODY alerted my doctor about my recent problems while I was at work...
...and my coworkers were all wondering what I was even doing at work?
So tomorrow he's squeezing me in to maybe hit me with another needle or who knows what. I am soooooooooo looking forward to this!

TinkRocks
07-24-2007, 03:37 AM
We're all here for ya, Ice! :grouphug:

bigpapiortiz34
07-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Don't worry about it Ice. All we want you to do is rest and just take it slow for the next few days to get better to come see us again. I hope you get better soon! :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Hope you get better Ice! :pixie: Just relax and don't take it too hard!

wizardmickey
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Ok, things today went from bad to worse to almost normal by the end of the day.
I went to work, and about 20 minutes into my 1st therapy group, I had to ask a therapist in the adjoining clinic to watch my group because I had to go to the bathroom. I'd been going all morning and suspected it might be the onset of Prostate problems, and once I got to the restroom my worst nightmare was realized; Not to be gross, but it was nothing but blood. I managed to get back to my clinic & apparently was as white as a sheet, so my fellow therapist called upstairs to explain what was going on & I was sent home.
I managed an emergency call to my GP who wanted me in by 1 PM, and during the next 90 minutes every bathroom trip was to pass more blood and clots. Doctor ran tests & confirmed Prostatitis and Hematura (sp). So, antibiotics, lots of water & rest.
Saw the Ortho at 4PM, who did some nerve tests & range of motion stuff. Determined I had aggravated the bad disc & vertebrae and admonished me that I would need to adjust my lifestyle. In the meantime, another Cortisone shot to the base of my spine & changing my pain meds to Vicodin (and he also said I needed to rest... what is this rest thing they keep talking about?)
So, I'm home. Band practice was canceled & they guys have checked in on me a few times; people at work have called & texted me several times worried.
I AM OK! I DO FEEL BETTER ALREADY!
You just can't keep this Old Ice down!!!

Chescat
07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
OMG Ice, you take care of yourself. :)

RenDuran
07-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Wow...I'm sorry to hear that you have yet more health issues going on. Maybe Intercot should let you start your own section?!

I hope you keep feeling better! :cool:

chrisb26
07-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh No Ice that isn't good at all. Hope you get better soon :mickey:

PinkJJ
07-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Sorry to hear that Ice. I hope you feel better soon! :) Get some rest.

Blue Genie
07-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Wow that is scary Ice. Do what the Doc saids rest and no VMK FOR U. Until your better.

TinkRocks
07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
I wonder if the 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' series have a Rock or Ice version...

Please do take some time out and rest up, Ice - we really do care about you, ya know!

Let us know if we can be of any help.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Jeez Ice! That's a lot to handle. Take it easy and don't go on VMK if you feel sick! :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
07-26-2007, 11:49 PM
2 DAYS LATER...
Now that the room has stopped spinning (Ahh - Wheeeeeeeeeee!) I am starting to feel a lot better! I can go "wash my hands" without any pain or problems and the latest shot coupled with Vicodin really seems to have knocked the pain away! As a precaution though, the band has made me stay home until next Tuesday.

RenDuran: Maybe Intercot should let you start your own section?!
Uh, that is sarcasm, right?
Really and truly though, appreciate the thoughts, and once I can get my hand-eye coordination together enough to manipulate my way around VMK, you will be sorry that I have returned!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Glad you're feeling better Ice! Are you ready to rock on? :rocker: :D

wizardmickey
07-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Doll: "Are you ready to rock on?"
Ready? Anxious and itching is more like it!!
But, I may have to stop flipping my hair straight up, twirling my head & bowing so far over that my hair touches my shoes... maybe?

wizardmickey
07-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Test Results have come back:
Nurse called yesterday to alert me that my sample had been tested (as well as the blood) and that there was not only Prostatitis but a nasty bacteria in my bladder (& perhaps Kidney) so she had called in a stronger antibiotic which I was to start ASAP. That particular problem has begun to hurt some again, but the back is still much better.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Sorry about your bladder Ice! :pixie:

Glad you're back is better though. Take it easy! :mickey: