PDA

View Full Version : Spectator canes/seats?

yasmina
07-22-2007, 03:34 PM
I am considering buying one of these, as I have severe back pain radiating down my leg. Walking isn't so much an issue as waiting in lines.

I am determined to make this a joyous trip for our family. "Donald" (a cousin who does a great impression) is going to call Tues. night to tell our girls 9 & 11 that they're GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

My main problem is standing stationary for periods of time w/o the ability to flex my back/leg. It is absolute agony. I don't want to rent an ECV, as I really don't need it for endurance issues.

So are these seat canes permitted in the parks? Before I lay out $ for one, I'd like to know.

TIA!

snifflesmcg
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
With all the things people bring into a park, I'm sure canes with a little seat on it are going to be fine. I've seen those scooters, wheelchairs, strollers ect ect. A cane should be no problem.

momof3boysinTN
07-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I have seen people with these in the parks. One time just last Sept. So surely its ok!! Hope all goes well!! :mickey:

emfleck
07-23-2007, 01:21 PM
My dad uses one of those metal walkers with wheels and a seat. He always brings it with him to WDW with no problems.

Christine
07-23-2007, 01:28 PM
I couldn't imagine this posing a problem. I hope you have a wonderful, pain free vacation!! :mickey: