PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else miss Beaver Tails??

MickeyMousse
07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
My family and I were discussing the places we can't wait to eat at on our next trip, and my DH mentioned how much he misses the Beaver Tails at the Canada Pavilion in Epcot.....Still don't understand why they got rid of them. It was a sad day when we discovered that! :fit: We went on about how good they were and how sometimes they were sticky and messy but who cared? We'd grab one, along with a Canadian Molsons to share and watch Off Kilter play!:pipes:

Wouldn't it be great if they brought Beaver Tails back???:clappy: I think I'd buy a dozen to bring home and freeze!!:freeze:

Here we go again...
07-22-2007, 02:16 PM
I never had the opportunity to try Beaver Tails. I wish they would bring them back just so I could try them!

TheRustyScupper
07-22-2007, 02:19 PM
1) I only miss them when we visit WDW.
2) It was one of those "WDW specific" things.
3) Like going under the purple highway sings.

Gotta Love the TTA
07-22-2007, 03:33 PM
If they're not going to do them right, I'd just as soon have them gone.

The last one I had was not fried fresh, but was a cold piece of pre-cooked dough run through a warming oven.

Absolutely sub-standard.

Good riddance to bad snacks!

tinksmom02
07-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I never had the opportunity to try Beaver Tails. I wish they would bring them back just so I could try them!

I feel the same way! They sounded so yummy when I read about them on some menu, and i was so disappointed to hear they were gone!

Darbylew
07-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Out of all the times that I have been to WDW
I have never tried a beaver tail. Now that they
are gone I guess I never will unless they bring
them back. I have heard that they are great.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER! :D:mickey:

jkj1224
07-22-2007, 09:20 PM
to this day my dad can't walk through canada without comment how nice a beavertail would be....chocolate hazelnut yum! :mickey:

vamaggie
07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Never had them at WDW but have had them at ski resort in British Columbia. For those who have not had them, consider yourselves lucky. Having them and then not getting to have them again is TORTURE!!! They are one of the yummiestest things ever!

Volksjager
07-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Come to Ottawa and have them everyday if you like...Killaloe Sunrise for me!

I agree with the comments above, it would be AWESOME to get a BeaverTail (done right) while travelling through the park!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BeaverTail_pastry_Ottawa.jpg

Perhaps it was too hot for the workers in the little BeaverTail shack?

moe513
07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the picture. Is it fried dough?

DisneyDudet
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
The beaver tail stand wasn't run by Disney, kinda like the restaurant in Italy. Another company owned it, and Disney let them have it in their park. I worked for a company that was like that, only with Six Flags.. they called those types of companies Leasees. Anyway...

The contract ran out and it was never renewed, thus, no more BeaverTails.