PDA

View Full Version : Reservations in September

lawgirl
07-22-2007, 10:43 AM
We're going in Sept. We've never really made ADR before. Do we need to? I think we want to eat at the Norway buffet. Which restaurants get booked the fastest? I don't want to miss out on anything.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I would call right now.

September dining is much busier then other times because of Free Dining. ADR's for a table service are absolutely necessary. The TS restaurants are very busy during the FD time frame.

We have an ADR for Akershus in Norway for my DD for dinner. We made the reservation right at 180 days out and got the time we wanted.

You might be okay getting one for there. I know there are other places, like the Castle that you have to call literally 180 days out.

Good luck!! :)

LauraF
07-22-2007, 11:11 AM
This September or September 2008?

If it's this September, that's right in the middle of this year's Free Dining promotion and it will be *very* hard to get ADRs anywhere. If you have one you want for this September, book your trip and call WDW soon.

If next September . . . it's always a good idea to have reservations no matter what, but you can't call until 6 months out from your travel date.

sassafras
07-22-2007, 11:30 AM
We have reservations for Sept. of this year and it was very hard to get the places we wanted to go. We tried to plan around a visit to Le Cellier, only to be told there was no availabilty. Ditto the Coral Reef, and several other places. We finally just had the person in adr read a list of what was available each night and made our choices from that. By the way, we made our reservations in early June. So, I would definitely call immediately if not sooner. Good Luck!!!

snifflesmcg
07-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Just keep in mind that you are going to have to be extremely flexible if they even have availabitlity at all. I got quite a bit of ADR's I wanted but a few I didn't and I made most of my ADR's in late may early june.

bcornette
07-22-2007, 12:23 PM
What dates in september?

I am going to be cancelling ADRs for le cellier, akershus, WCC, ohana, mama melrose fantasmic, crystal palace, breakfastosaurus, chef mickey, 50's prime time , and sci-fi. All are good times and for 12 people each. When I cancel I should free up 2 tables at most places.

Dates are between Sept 22 and Oct 2

Strmchsr
07-22-2007, 12:29 PM
4 Years ago ADRs weren't really needed in August or September. since the dining plan in general has come along that has definitely changed, and with free dining ADRs are basically impossible to come by as has been said. I agree with sassafras - if it's this coming September your only choice will be to have the CM read off a list of what (if anything) is available each day and go from there.

septembergirl
07-22-2007, 05:34 PM
You may be able to get some ADRs for off times or for less popular restaurants still. I made most of my ADRs in April for our September trip. I have added a couple since but I had a much harder time getting them in the timeframe we wanted. If you don't mind eating at off times, you will probably be ok.

Ms.Disney
07-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I made our ADR in April and in May for our trip in Sept. to make sure we got to eat what where we wanted. So yeah I would like call NOW other wise you could end up eating CS.

LibertyTreeGal
07-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Chris is right, let the Disney Dining CM do your planning for you. At this point, I would definitely be planning on lunches instead of dinners at TS locations.

moe513
07-22-2007, 06:02 PM
You need to call asap. You are going during free dining so adrs are a must. If you are going after labor day it wont be as bad as before the holiday. Try somr places in resorts,they may be easier than the parks.

wdwnomad
07-22-2007, 10:25 PM
I just want to add if you don't get something you want try calling back. Book something in the meantime but keep trying for what you want. You never know when you will get lucky with someone else's cancellation.

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 08:34 AM
There is really very little chance of getting what you want , when you want for Sept at this point.
I agree that you should let the CM make ADR suggestions for you when you call based on what's available, but, if there's something you really want, call or stop by customer relations EVERY day while you're there. Someone is bound to cancel and if you're the next person who asks for that restaurant, you'll get the seating.
Lauren

Mickey91
07-24-2007, 10:54 AM
You need to call now!! We made our Sept ADRs in March! Most everything will be booked already so I agree with previous posts, let the CM make suggestions. Also, have a list of where you want to eat made and ready and realize that if you are lucky enough to get in, it may be a really weird time. Good luck!

KellAnneL
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
We are going Sept 8-15th, and I called 180+ days out, and had some trouble getting everything we wanted at the times we wanted. So, take everyone's advice and call immediately. If you are flexible with your times and places you may be surprised at what you can find.

My ADR's include CRT, Ohana's, Hoop Dee Doo, Etc. More popular ADR's.

KAT1811
07-25-2007, 09:52 AM
With the fear of sounding repetative CALL RIGHT NOW!!! There most likely won't be much left so I agree to let the CM help make suggestions based on what is avaliable.

Good Luck!!!

Let us all know how you made out!!!

I also made all of my ADRs at that first 180 day mark!!! Even that wasn't easy and I couldn't get every time I wanted although I did get every restaurant.

diznee_buzz
07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Depends on when in September you are going. If you are going during Free Dining, then like everyone said - CALL NOW!

We are not going during Free Dining - we are going 9/25-9/30. I made an ADR at Cali Grill, but couldn't get in until around 9:30 at night. I had no trouble making a lunch ADR at Garden Grill. I also had no trouble with a breakfast at Ohana.

Good luck and let us know if you get the ADRs you want!

AllDisney
07-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I agree with most of the postings here. Have your choices ready, and let the CM tell you what is available at this point. Perhaps you'll be able to check off some of your choices. It's so late you may not get anything you want but perhaps lunches will work better for you than dinners.

We made our ADR's back in May. We were lucky and got everything we wanted. We did have to be flexible with some the times (i.e. 6:45PM instead of 5:00PM), but we were lucky.

Keep checking! Maybe someone will cancel and you'll be in the right place at the right time.

Have a great vacation:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
CALL NOW! Talk to the CM, see what is available. There may be cancellations later, see if they will put you on a list if there are. They did this for us at CRT one year.

Nevergrowup
07-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Make the call NOW. Sept is busy.