PDA

View Full Version : Water Rides

weluvdisney2much
07-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I have never been to Disney during the winter months. Can you please tell me if the water rides are still open in Jan or Feb???

Gusgus
07-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I haven't been in Jan or Feb. but I have for other cold months. Cold enough to wear hats and gloves in the morning. Yes they are open but they have some of the water features turned down or off. For example, in splash mountain the water that shoots out of the tubes before you go up the first ramp (the same one that splashes the crowd) is turned off. We did go on Kali river rapids but wore ponchos because of the cold weather. They also had some water features off there too i.e. the water dripping from above and the squirting elephants.

Gusgus

weluvdisney2much
07-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Thank you! We can not decide when we want to go next year, we were planning on spring break but that looks like it will be TOO CROWDED!

BronxTigger
07-22-2007, 11:08 AM
President's Day week in February can also be quite crowded, although not as crowded as the Spring Break months.

If I had the option to go in January or February, I would. I don't have that option (I'm a teacher) so I end up going in August, when it is hot and crowded.

MinnieMommie
07-22-2007, 03:19 PM
I can't speak for Feb but have visited during every week in Jan. Usually 1 water park is open then and yes the rides in the parks with water faetures are open. I remember feeling very cold from the blast of water on Kali in Jan '06 but not in June '06. I do not cover up ever on Kali and take my chances with regards to being in the seat that catches the full brunt of the water surge. I caught it in Jan and it was cold. If that possibility is problematic for you consider wearing water gear. :mickey:

LauraF
07-22-2007, 04:16 PM
I've been in December, though not later in winter and yes the water rides are still going. It's not too bad if you get wet - winter in FL is usually still 60-70 degrees. Just bring a towel to dry off if you get a bit of a breeze.

emmingo
07-22-2007, 05:24 PM
They are open...but COLD!!! :freeze:

Jared
07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
All attractions in the major theme parks are open in the winter. One water park is usually closed for refurbishment.

The water park that remains open has curtailed hours. Keep in the mind the water is heated, so the water parks are still fun in cooler weather, and a lot less crowded.