PDA

View Full Version : getting around SSR?

ldc12377
07-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I was just wondering if there are buses or anything that you can use to get around SSR itself. The resort is so spread out that I would assume that there would be a way to get around the resprt itself without having to walk everywhere but I could be wrong?

TexasPrincessAurora
07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
There are internal buses that make the loop within SSR. If I remember correctly there is info about them and where they stop posted at the bus stops. I'm not sure if they run as often as the park buses, but I think that was posted as well.

Here we go again...
07-22-2007, 10:04 AM
The internal bus runs at least as often as the other busses. I remember seeing it more often than others.
The resort does seem huge, but when you start walking around you will soon realize that it is really not that bad.

wildernesslady
07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
We just returned from there last week. The internal bus also went to DD and TL. It took us over 1/2 hr. to get back to the resort from DD. You may want to consider walking. Use the resort maps. They'll give you the best routes to take for walking. If you have a car, use it.

TheRustyScupper
07-22-2007, 02:30 PM
1) Your choices for movement are few
. . . you can walk
. . . you can use your car
. . . you can use internal buses
2) But, you can wait 15-35 minutes for a bus.
3) SSR is just so spread out.
4) There was not much planning for locomotion.
5) They had a chunk of land and used it.

NOTE: SSR inhabits the grounds of the old Disney Institute. In fact, some of the main buildings were simply remodeled DI structures. It is a shame that Eisner's wishes for his DI weren't allowed to blossom. It truly was a good idea with good classes, but with creativity being stifled, it just couldn't make it..

pox24
07-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Just got back from along weekend there.Congress Park 2101 was a great location. 25 yards from the quiet pool, within a 5 minute walk from everything. Best room we ever had there. It was a studio.:thumbsup:

DessertDivaFL
07-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Congress Park 2101 was a great location. 25 yards from the quiet pool, within a 5 minute walk from everything. Best room we ever had there. It was a studio.:thumbsup:

We too stayed at Congress Park back in June and I thought it was the best location. Walking to DTD from there was a breeze. We didn't utilize the internal busing to get around SSR. There is so much to look at and enjoy during your walk (rabbits, ducks, etc).

TexasPrincessAurora
07-23-2007, 11:40 AM
We stayed in Congress Park 1632 in June...great location. The walk to DTD was very easy and pretty. The quiet pool was right there. The bus stop was right outside our building. The only problem was at times the bus was already so crowded by the time it got to our stop that we had to stand or wait for another. Congress Park is a long way from the main pool or the main building but if you have a car there is a great parking lot right behind the pool and spa that is also close to the main building.