PDA

View Full Version : DVC party this Wednesday?

LarryBoy
07-21-2007, 09:01 PM
The DVC is hosting some kind of party thingy this coming Wednesday near Epcot. We are going to be at the world next week, as are some friends of ours who are DVC members. They have invited us to join them for this on Wednesday. I don't know what it's called but I think it's going to be like a fair or carnival. Has anybody heard of this? Do you know where it will be located? Is it worth taking time away from the parks? What will it be like?

Thanks!

vizsla
07-22-2007, 08:27 AM
The Party is called "Welcome Home Wednesdays!" and is held weekly in the Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's Boardwalk for DVC members. It starts at 4pm and is like a "meet and greet" among DVC members and a great place to go and find information on whats going on with the DVC.

Zippy_D_DooDah
07-22-2007, 08:32 AM
"Welcome Home Wednesdays" are held most Wednesdays at the Atlantic Dance Hall at Boardwalk. You can take part in an interactive game show, hear the latest scoop on DVC, and enjoy some light refreshments.

During the holidays, DVC hosts a "Merry Mixer" in a covered area just outside the International Gateway on Thursdays.

I was there in December and February and have not yet made it to one of these events. Around 4:00p on Wednesday we are always geting ready for dinner. I have two young children so we usually do an early meal. I may try to make it to WHW when we are there in September just to see what it is all about.

If it is just you and your friends, a little afternoon break to attend wouldn't take away from too much park time especially if you are at Epcot or the Studios.

Zippy_D_DooDah
07-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Oops... we were typing at the same time... the REAL question is what are we doing up this early on Sunday... or rather, why are we on Intercot this early on a Sunday. Hello, my name is Tripp and I'm an Inter-addict.:D

TinksPixieDust
07-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I just came home from Disney and they just started Summer on the Savannah.... its like the Merry Mixer only its on Thursday right by the International Gateway entrance to EPCOT. I didnt get a chance to stop by but it looked really cool! :)

LarryBoy
07-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Maybe I got my days mixed up. Has anyone done this?

wendy*darling
07-22-2007, 06:37 PM
No, your days are correct.
Wednesdays are at the Atlantic Dance Club and have games and more of a meet & greet atmosphere.
On Thursdays the Summer on the Savannah event is just starting and is located just outside the International Gateway of Epcot. It is supposed to be promoting the new AKL Villas.

Sorry, I haven't attended either of these myself, but I am hoping to get to at least one of them in late August. Since we are staying at the Boardwalk, it shouldn't be too difficult!

I am hoping someone will come by with a review!