PDA

View Full Version : rocket rod tracks

GoofyGuy75
07-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Whats gonna happen to these.. they cant leave those empty forever.. What do you want to see there?

kdkhopper
07-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I would love to have the people mover brought back!

Disney Babe
07-21-2007, 08:37 PM
I thought that bringing the People Mover back was in the works. But, other projects came first.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
07-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I would love to see Rocket Rods make a comeback. Spend the 5$ million extra for banked turns and save those poor tires.

Or a complete retheming. Don't just bring back the old (People Mover) attraction with today's technology. That isn't Tomorrowland to me.

JPL
07-22-2007, 12:45 PM
The rumours I have heard was the return of the Peoplemover with a more futuristic theme.

Chescat
07-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Gypsy had heard I believe at the NFFC meeting, that People Mover was coming back. Its going to be a bit longer and that the Rockets would be moved from their current position to where they used to be above the entrance to the People Mover. (Where the useless Obitron thing is). We've heard there is suppose to be some construction coming up in Innoventions, so that might be where the modifications might be going. :)

tinkwest
07-22-2007, 03:20 PM
... Don't just bring back the old (People Mover) attraction with today's technology. That isn't Tomorrowland to me.

As much as we loved the People Mover (such a relaxing attraction for those with tired feet) I have to agree with this. That would be more fitting for Nostalgialand.

*tinker_belle*
07-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVED the Rocket Rods and have only ridden it once! We waited forever and a day to ride it too but i was so worth it, had i known they were going to pull the attraction i would have gone on it much more!!
I didn't care much for the People Mover, though it is an early childhood memory for me. I liked how it went through the Star Tours line and Space Mountain ride. I'm not a hundred percent on this but i believe some of that old track has been removed, not all of it exists at this point. They completely re-did Space at which point i think that track that ran through was taken out. It would be neat to see what they have in store for this track as its been vacant almost as long as the sub lagoon pre Nemo...

Disney Babe
07-25-2007, 05:52 AM
I loved the People Mover, but I'm all for any ride with the banked turns mentioned above!

SignguyTom
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I would like to see the people mover return in an expanded way. You know, use it as a mode of transportation with a few stops at various points in the park(s). As it is, the Main Street vehicles (until the crowds get too thick) and the train are the only ways to get around besides walking on very sore/tired feet...