PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Bakery

Mom of Belle,Buzz,&Tink
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this? If MK is scheduled to open at 9:00, then can we get in any earlier to eat breakfast at the Main Street Bakery?
I am dying to try the cinnamon roll or maybe the french toast loaf. Any comments on what is great to eat there? We might go back later in the day to try out the choc. chip cookie/ice cream sandwich.:secret: I can't wait!

magicofdisney
07-21-2007, 03:26 PM
The only way to get into the MK early is to have reservations at Crystal Palace or CRT.

SBETigg
07-21-2007, 03:39 PM
They used to let guests in early, but that stopped after 2001. That year, we were able to stroll down Main Street with no crowds, pick up some breakfast at Main St. Bakery, and be waiting at Adventureland before ropes dropped. It was my children's first MK experience, and it was magical. I wish they still did that.

snifflesmcg
07-21-2007, 04:39 PM
The only way it's open earlier than 9 is to get there for EMH. We did last year and had a great breakfast and finished in enough time to enjoy some of the rides before the park officially opened.

mac badger
07-21-2007, 05:47 PM
yes, definitely try the ice cream/chocolate chip cookie sandwich. it was truly heavenly, and really big too

Jared
07-21-2007, 05:52 PM
yes, definitely try the ice cream/chocolate chip cookie sandwich. it was truly heavenly, and really big too
Three or four people can probably share a sandwich. My entire family of five orders only one.

Regardless of their size, the ice cream cookie sandwich is my absolute favorite treat. You will not regret trying this delectable dessert.

January-2007
07-21-2007, 06:52 PM
They used to let guests in early, but that stopped after 2001. That year, we were able to stroll down Main Street with no crowds, pick up some breakfast at Main St. Bakery, and be waiting at Adventureland before ropes dropped. It was my children's first MK experience, and it was magical. I wish they still did that.

I wonder why they don't do that anymore, it sure would beat standing under the blazing sun waiting to enter with huge crowds every morning. Sounds like a great first experience!!

mickey-mouse35
07-21-2007, 06:56 PM
They have the best chocolate chip cookies ever!!! :joy:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-21-2007, 09:38 PM
?
I am dying to try the cinnamon roll or maybe the french toast loaf.
Both of these are GREAT! And can easily be shared by two...Enjoy!!!:cloud9:

SBETigg
07-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I wonder why they don't do that anymore, it sure would beat standing under the blazing sun waiting to enter with huge crowds every morning. Sounds like a great first experience!!

From what I've heard, it was stopped due to security concerns in the post 9/11 environment.

But yes, it was a great first experience. It's the one reason I would recommend an early ADR in a park restaurant, for the chance to see the park before most people are inside.

ElenitaB
07-21-2007, 11:43 PM
I am dying to try the cinnamon roll or maybe the french toast loaf. Any comments on what is great to eat there?
Everyone has their absolute favorites at the Main Street Bakery... I usually buy breakfast pastries on the way out of the park in the evening and heat them up in our DVC villa's kitchen the next morning for breakfast! :tasty:

My son likes the chocolate bundt cake and I love the apple charlotte. The filling they use is a cross between apple pie and apple strudel. It's unusual and very good. :thumbsup:

ImagiAsh
07-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Wow! You just made me very hungry!! It's traditional for my family to into MK our first day and stop into the Main Street Bakery for breakfast. I always order the Cinnamon Roll...there's nothing better than that! At night, I usually go for the ice cream sandwich. They are enormous! Three very large scoops of ice cream squished between two jumbo chocolate chip cookies. I have yet to finish one entirely! :secret:

Bethanymouse
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Those ice cream sandwiches sound great! Can they be used as snack options on the DDP?

pixiesmimi
07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Are the Bakery and shops actually open for EMHs in MK? I know that if you go to Epcot for EMHs sometimes the shops or restaurants or bakeries aren't open that early and you can't eat until after the regular opening hours. Do they open early in MK? I have often wanted to do this for breakfast but was afraid they wouldn't be open when we got there so went ahead and ate somewhere else before coming.