PDA

View Full Version : Princess/Pirate Party

Mickey Magic
07-21-2007, 11:39 AM
:mickey:Hey, could you tell me all you know about this. My friends are goining to WDW in August and I don't know what to advise them. is it worth it? What extra activities are planned? Do the children dress up? Anything you know would help! Thanks!:mickey:

Lucyrella
07-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I am curious about this too, we are taking our 4 year old princess to this on the 31st, and I have tickets, but lately she has developed a slight fear of pirates. How many pirates do you see? What kind of interaction is there, and can you avoid the pirates at all? Even though I have spent the funds to take her, I am having reservations about it.

Thanks!:princess:

PoohGirls2
07-21-2007, 12:16 PM
We went to the opening night of this back in January. We thought it was AWESOME!! They had several different areas where you could meet the characters. It was all your choice as to whether or not you did.
Also, when you entered the gates that evening, everyone was given a small velvet bag to collect their "loot" in. You would see areas that were marked by a large lighted "X" throughout the park and there they had people giving out either candy or beads.
Our 2 DD's loved it. They were 5 and 8 at the time. We had them dressed in their princess attire but my DH and I didn't dress up. Now we did see alot of adults who went all out on their costumes.
If you have the chance to go, I would say.. Go for it. We plan on going again this coming January when we are there.
Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

tink179
07-21-2007, 02:20 PM
My family and I also went to it in January and loved it! We have 2ds 6 and 4, and a dd 1. They thought it was very magical. It's up to you what you choose to see and do. The only pirate stuff is the parade where there are a lot of them. Otherwise there's the pirate tutorial, which is fun...not scary. The fireworks and the parade are wonderful. The extra things with the princesses are really nice too!!! Go to it and have fun!!! We're going back to the world jan 13-21 and hope they're are offering it again!

:mickey:

Donalds Duckie
07-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Is this Party something an adult w/o children would enjoy?

Disney added Mon., Sept. 3 (Labor Day) to P&P Party dates and it's the last night of my WDW trip. Do you think it would be worth attending for a solo adult traveler? I always enjoy MVMCP, solo or not, and I am considering P&P Party for the fireworks, parade, fairly uncrowded evening at MK, etc. I'm flip-flopping on whether or not to buy a ticket. :confused:

What do you think?

tarjaybuff
07-22-2007, 11:24 PM
We went in Feb as 3 adults. We did dress as pirates, and had a great time. I thought the parade was OK and the fireworks REALLY GOOD. :(Definetly not better than MNSSHP.

My theory is that it is only available for aobut 20 nights. So it is a chance of a lifetime. Go or regret it later. Lots of goodies. We got 7 pounds of candy and 56 necklaces between the 3 of us.

A definite do.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-22-2007, 11:29 PM

Disney added Mon., Sept. 3 (Labor Day) to P&P Party dates and it's the last night of my WDW trip. Do you think it would be worth attending for a solo adult traveler? I always enjoy MVMCP, solo or not, and I am considering P&P Party for the fireworks, parade, fairly uncrowded evening at MK, etc. I'm flip-flopping on whether or not to buy a ticket. :confused:

What do you think?

Nancy Ann, buy a ticket. Go and enjoy yourself.

BronxTigger
07-22-2007, 11:47 PM

What do you think?

I'm happy to know that you have enjoyed MVMCP as a solo adult traveler. I have not gone to any hard ticket events yet, but I just bought my ticket for the Aug 18th P&P Party. I will be traveling as a solo adult. I had reservations about going alone, but then I was like ...wait...I have no problems going to WDW alone, why the party? So, I'm hoping I have a great time!

Belle619
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
My sister and I went back in March and we loved it! There were a lot of festivities that the adults could enjoy just as much (or even more :mickey:) than the kids - such as seeing characters that are not normally out, having your picture taken next to Cinderella's coach, being able to walk right onto rides, etc. And the fireworks, of course, were amazing. It is definitely worth the money!

Mousehead35
07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
We're a family of 4 adults and we're headed to the Aug. 15th P&P party. I'm glad to be reading these great reviews! Keep 'em coming..