PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Rockin' Rollercoaster?

Lorraine444
07-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm hearing nothing but this ride continuesly breaking down?
I know it's suppose to be shutting down in October.
Are they just making it work to the best of their ability till then?
I'll be there 9 full days so I'm hoping I'll get a few rides in, but to me it's a little scary knowing that it's not functioning well!

JPL
07-21-2007, 10:32 AM
From what I heard they are having a problem with a sensor that causes the ride to go into a fail safe mode. When I was there in June it was closed for about 4 days and they had to call in someone from California to fix the problem.

ibrowse17
07-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Excuse the stupid question, but why is it closing down in Oct? It is not shown on the referb closure list, so what is the deal?? Thanks:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
07-21-2007, 11:35 AM
It's not official yet, but it's definately something that is being said and is a strong rumor. It's got to deal with one of the govenor sensors in the launch system that was failing and from what I see is still failing time and time again. The times that the ride was open during those days that JPL said, it would launch you 10-15 seconds after the green light.

Lorraine444
07-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Crossing my fingers it's still opoen when I get there!:coaster:
If so I hope I have a safe ride!

Mufasa
07-21-2007, 03:24 PM
It's got to deal with one of the govenor sensors in the launch system that was failing and from what I see is still failing time and time again. The times that the ride was open during those days that JPL said, it would launch you 10-15 seconds after the green light.

The issue which led to a few days of unexpected downtime in June was discovered and resolved.

Guest safety was never compromised at any time. One sensor was misreporting information and because of the unusual stream of data the ride control system would take precautionary steps and delay or not launch at all.

Since the problem was diagnosed and adjustments made by the ride maintenance crew, the sensor has not been failing "time and time again."

Also the future (exact dates/times to be determined and then officially announced) rehab work in question has been planned for a while for some system upgrades to the attraction and is not related or affected by the sensor issue from June.

mickey-mouse35
07-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Sure hope it's not down over Halloween! :(

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I am already disappointed that SE will be closed in October ... its our first and maybe only big family trip. My wife, 1yo, and myself are taking her parents and sister, sister's 6yo son (i.e. nephew), brother, brother's fiance, and her teen daughter. And there are two birthdays that week too. :party:

Only her parents have been with us before and I want everybody to see "everything" (well, I still haven't seen everything but at least if they could relate by seeing what we've seen...). And now RnR too?:confused:

I hope it's not Oct 6-12. Luckily HM will reopen. But if the previous problem is fixed, then at least close during Sept or Nov or Jan when the crowds are less ... It always seemed like we were missing something on our previous trips which were during those months and "if only we could go in October" or around New Years or other such time we'd say. Now we are. I don't want to sound greedy, but I'm finally getting things lined up and I don't want to feel like I shoulda waited for another room discount (to fill those rooms during low crowd times) to come out. Done that before. Ok ok, we're still gonna have loads of fun. :mickey:

LarryBoy
07-21-2007, 08:53 PM
So who's been recently, and was it running when you were there? We arrive on Tuesday, and are very excited because my DS is now 48 and a half inches tall. When we asked him which park he wanted to do first (thinking it would be MK as usual), he picked Disney Studios because he wants to ride R&RC. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.:fingers:

LoriMistress
07-21-2007, 08:59 PM
They are closing RnRc in September thru October to do refurbishment on the ride.

GrumpyFan
07-22-2007, 12:54 AM
They are closing RnRc in September thru October to do refurbishment on the ride.

I believe this is still just a rumour. I haven't seen this announced here or anywhere else.

Keep an eye on the Closing & Refurbishment schedule (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp#MGM_Studios) for more information.

Lizzie
07-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Thanks for all the updated info. I hope it doesn't go down during our September trip. This was the ride I wanted to ride again on our last trip and we never had the time.

LarryBoy
07-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Has anyone been this month? Was it running? Did it shut down any while you were there?

diznee_buzz
07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Has anyone been this month? Was it running? Did it shut down any while you were there?

I haven't been recently (we're going in September) but several of the Trip Reports I've read recently have mentioned it being down.

I have never ridden this before - we had to cut our last trip short due to a death in the family. I'm sad I may miss it again, but there are several other things I haven't done yet, so I'm just going to focus on those (Soarin', Mission:Space, EE, etc.)

Go Jackets!

Toodle
07-23-2007, 09:39 AM
We just came back - and RnRc was running fine. We went for the passholder Tower of Terror event on Friday the 13th. Both ToT and RnRc were open and running fine.

PeterPanFan
07-23-2007, 10:44 AM
I hope it stays this way.

My middle dd is now 49" and cant wait to go upside down!

:blush:

DisneyDudet
07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
It's not official yet, but it's definately something that is being said and is a strong rumor. It's got to deal with one of the govenor sensors in the launch system that was failing and from what I see is still failing time and time again. The times that the ride was open during those days that JPL said, it would launch you 10-15 seconds after the green light.

You know.. it goes against the story line, but having it launch when its not expected.... that might actually be kinda fun!!!

Hope its running for the Icot Celebration!