PDA

View Full Version : star wars character dining?

playdead88
07-21-2007, 08:58 AM
what about star wars character dining? wouldn't that be awesome if they offered that?! i know my 13 yo ds would love it :yoda:

JPL
07-21-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm surprised they don't do this especially during Star Wars Weekends. They could have it in the Sci-Fi Diner and show Star Wars movie clips while you eat :chewy:

MickeyMousse
07-21-2007, 11:03 AM
OMG! That would be a great idea!!! :yoda:I probably would end up there every night and wouldn't be able to get my son's to leave!!

Could you imagine the wait time for something like this??? People would be camping out!:camp:

It would be great though!:thumbsup:

playdead88
07-21-2007, 12:33 PM
or even pirate character dining - something that you didn't feel you were dragging your ds to - its not that i don't think he enjoys the mickey, goofy etc. dining but i think he would enjoy it a lot more if capt. jack or yoda were there :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Apparently the powers that be at WDW all have daughters because in the 6 years we've been going to DisneyWorld I've yet to see anything (besides breakfast with Mickey and Stitch at 'Ohana) added to specifically appeal to the younger males of the species, while the offerings for little princesses increase (three princess breakfasts, two princess lunches, three princess dinners, two salons). Gee... the boys got make-your-own-light-saber and a place to put together pirate booty. (Whoop-de-doo.)

Is it that we as parents of boys don't spend as much and therefore nothing is developed for them? (I guess Buzz Lightyear and Star War paraphenalia aren't as profitable as princess dresses.) In case you haven't noticed, this is one of my "buttons" when it comes to WDW. How about a boy's breakfast? There are enough "heroes" out there to make a character cast. How about a Pirate meal somewhere? (Like in the seasonally closed El Pirata y el Perico?) Or how about a Star Wars breakfast (though that's not really Disney's franchise)?

C'mon... we're not even being paid to come up with ideas and we can come up with a bunch off the tops of our heads. I bet if you took a bunch of CMs whose job it was to bluesky experiences for boys, they could come up with something better than the Pirate and Princess Party. :wait:

playdead88
07-21-2007, 01:04 PM
:exactly:

i couldn't agree more!!!

star wars or pirates would be awesome for little boys and the tween/teen boys - plus i saw the pirate tutorial at mk and if that jack sparrow was at breakfast i would be 1st in line :heart:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Women and girls love Star Wars too! By that comment, I guess I'm exposing myself and my DD as mega fans (as well as the DH and our little padawan learner DS).

A Star Wars character meal would be bliss!!!

emmingo
07-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I can honestly say I would wait HOURS for that, and probably be on the phone making ADRs the second we were allowed to! :ewok:

Maybe its because Star Wars isn't specifically licensed as Disney, but you'd think they'd do something "boy"-y--I mean, they have about a THOUSAND Princess things...its only fair! :D

Merryweather
07-23-2007, 09:26 AM
There are enough "heroes" out there to make a character cast. How about a Pirate meal somewhere? (Like in the seasonally closed El Pirata y el Perico?) Or how about a Star Wars breakfast (though that's not really Disney's franchise)?

I actually thought at one point that El Pirata Y el Perico would be a Pirate Character meal when it was going through changes. I was really surprised that something hasn't come up as far as a Character meal for boys ,especialy after the Toy story character meal rumor. I m sure a pirate charater meal would appeal to girls as well as boys. It would be fun for the whole family:trooper::pirate::pirate:

DessertDivaFL
07-23-2007, 10:32 AM
OH MY GRAVY! My kids and I would so love to dine in a Star Wars themed restaurant. I would never get my son out of there!

What would be good names for the food? How about a Wookie Cookie?

grumpycajun
07-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Can't you just see Jabba the Hut slithering up to your table?

tealady
07-23-2007, 10:33 PM
When we went to Disneyland in January my son did Jedi training three times and loved it each time! I would love to eat with some star wars or pirates!

:cloud9:

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I happen to have a 4 year old daughter, but to make a further point on this, my daughter is a tom boy who doesn't mind a princess breakfast, but would MUCH PREFER to eat with Handy Manny!
And I think that in general, little girls enjoy boy stuff more than little boys enjoy girl stuff.
Dinsey would do well to come up with more boy characters.
My other gripe is that Mulan is almost impossible to find at a character meal - unlike the other princesses - you basically have to get lucky. This stinks because my daughter is adopted from China and Mulan is the only Asian Disney character. There are plenty of Asian families in Disney World - so, why not trade one of the caucasian princesses for Mulan? Would anyone really be upset if they didn't see Princess Aurora?
Lauren

DDuck66
07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
I happen to have a 4 year old daughter, but to make a further point on this, my daughter is a tom boy who doesn't mind a princess breakfast, but would MUCH PREFER to eat with Handy Manny!
And I think that in general, little girls enjoy boy stuff more than little boys enjoy girl stuff.
My other gripe is that Mulan is almost impossible to find at a character meal - unlike the other princesses - you basically have to get lucky. This stinks because my daughter is adopted from China and Mulan is the only Asian Disney character. There are plenty of Asian families in Disney World - so, why not trade one of the caucasian princesses for Mulan? Would anyone really be upset if they didn't see Princess Aurora?
Lauren

yes unfortunatly I would miss Aurora as she has always been my fave...but I have found Mulan at the Princess Breakfast at Norway and she has been out at the Hat in MGM on our last three trips.

Goofy Pluto
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
OOOOH! What a great idea! How about a restaurant based on the Cantina scene! How cool would that be! Do you like all of my exclamation points! Can you tell how excited I am by this idea! ;)

GrmGrninGost
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
AWESOME idea!!!! :yoda:

wedway fan
07-24-2007, 05:38 PM
seems like if disney were open to the possibility of non-disney character meals, we should have had a muppets meal years ago. they've been under the disney umbrella for quite some time now, and would make a great character meal. i'm suprised and disappointed that disney hasn't done more with their affiliation with the muppets.

to the original point though, a deeper affiliation with lucasfilm could open up huge possibilities for them- it would be a much better way for them to compete with universal's harry potter partnership. the star wars franchise is much bigger than harry potter due to its cross-generational appeal. think of it- it could go well beyond the previously mentioned great ideas of character meals and sci-fi dining. new attractions, better merchandise, even (gasp!) a whole new section of the disney studios dedicated just to star wars.

now, how awesome would THAT be?

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Lauren

My SIL has adopted from Korea and she complained about the same thing. Our DD got a photo with Mulan when we were in WDW, but there really wasn't a crowd for her, as there was for the other pricesses. We felt bad. I think the beauty ideal of the target population must still be blond, etc, so there isn't a great emphasis on alternatives. I don't know, Mulan is such a great "modern"-style princess, I should think more refelctive of what modern women aspire to. I would rather my children admire her than the helpless, complacent Disney blondes sitting around waiting for someone to rescue them.

Lizzie
07-25-2007, 03:21 AM
I think its a great idea. What a great way for me to get my husband on more trips to DW.

ryca1dreams
07-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Out of no where my 10 yo son thought of this idea too. I think that it would be a cool idea. I personally think Sci Fi is a neat concept, but could use a reconvation. Turning it into a Star Wars only dining experience would be really awesome.

Plus, with three meals, you could have three sets of characters at different times of the day - heroes, villians, and mixed (?)