PDA

View Full Version : Hours of Oceaneer club & what side of the ship?

SueTGGR
07-21-2007, 01:54 AM
I am trying to work this all out & the DCL website just seems too general with their information. Is it just me?

1) What are the hours for the Oceaneer Club?

2) My son is 7 but with brothers of 19 & 17 (not going with us), he gravitates to older kids (usually 10-12) is he going to be secluded with just the 6-7 yr olds @ OC?

3) A lot of conversations about what end of the boat is best for a cabin but nothing about what side of the ship. We are looking at the 7 day Eastern in January. I have seen postings about fireworks and views but nothing to give me a preference at to what side of the ship. Help please. :blush:

BTW, thank you to all of you who have posted so much information to totally confuse me nightly as we draw closer to the day we have set to make our reservations! :mickey: If we can still get some being this all has been done so last minute.

TammiMcMan
07-21-2007, 09:44 AM
1) What are the hours for the Oceaneer Club? Typically, 9am - midnight. Some evenings, it may close at 1am or 11:30pm.

2) My son is 7 is he going to be secluded with just the 6-7 yr olds @ OC? Based on his age, he would be grouped with other children ages 5-7. If he's close to his 8th birthday, you may want to speak with one of the counselors after you board. Bring your son with you. They may want to talk with him and get a feel for his level of maturity. They did this for my daughter who was a month away from her 8th birthday.

3) A lot of conversations about what end of the boat is best for a cabin but nothing about what side of the ship. We are looking at the 7 day Eastern in January. I have seen postings about fireworks and views but nothing to give me a preference at to what side of the ship.You probably want to book a stateroom on the starboard side then.

DisneyDudet
07-23-2007, 10:46 PM
As far as fireworks, you can only enjoy them if you are on deck 9 or 10. You get the whole party feel and the music and all... If you have a veranda on the starboard side, I guess it would be ok, but the party is half the fun!