PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know the name of these performers at EPCOT?

McGoofy
07-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Calling all EPCOT experts....I need help figuring out the name of something. I have been trying to catch up on putting Disney photos into albums. I have a picture from EPCOT that was taken in November 2001. It is of 3 people dressed completely in silver, and they are extremely limber! They were doing all sorts of acrobatic/double jointed moves that make you hurt to watch. They performed in the area near the fountains in Future World. I had seen them on a few different trips, but they are no longer there. Does anybody know the official name of these performers?

JPL
07-21-2007, 12:11 AM
KRISTOS:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
07-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I think the correct spelling is Kristas. But not quite the description since there were 4 of them.

McGoofy
07-21-2007, 03:07 AM
I think the correct spelling is Kristas. But not quite the description since there were 4 of them.

In my picture, there are only 3 people. One must have called in sick that day.;)

McGoofy
07-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Based on the above posts, I did a quick Google search. It is definitely Kristos, and in all the pictures that I saw in my search, there were only 3 people. Now the outfits varied. I saw some pictures where they were also wearing red outfits and blue outfits in addition to the silver outfits that I have a photo of.

Here are a couple of descriptions of the group that I copied from other websites:

*Innoventions Plaza Kristos Unique trio performs feats of strength and balance

Innoventions Plaza: Kristos - A unique, semi-new age, dance and acrobatic performance set to music. Check your guide for times and locations. This is definitely worth seeing!

Thanks for helping me find the name of this group.:thumbsup: I miss seeing them out on the plaza!

BronxTigger
07-21-2007, 08:48 AM
I saw them for the first time in August 2006. There were 4 of them. They were performing on this little platform that they wheeled in and put in front of the fountain. Here (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2591301680100449647SdtRKk)'s a picture of them that I took on my trip.

DizneyRox
07-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm just glad they are gone... They were there for way too long I think, and the crowds gathering towards the end of their run somewhat confirmed that.

Now if anyone remembers the name of the robot that would perform around the base of SSE in the late 90's, two points for you!

Main Street Jim
07-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I believe that Krystos is a mother and her two sons ;)

joeyGibson
07-23-2007, 05:16 PM
I saw them for the first time in August 2006. There were 4 of them. They were performing on this little platform that they wheeled in and put in front of the fountain. Here (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2591301680100449647SdtRKk)'s a picture of them that I took on my trip.

They were a trio until last fall. We spoke to them in December (or maybe it was May; we were there twice last year) and they told us that the fourth was, I believe, a cousin. The trio was a mother and her two sons, so it's still a family show.

We always make a point to be at Epcot at least once a trip to see them, and they are always so gracious when we speak to them afterwards. The mother actually remembered my son last time, which was really neat for him.

LibertyTreeGal
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I thought they were awesome, when we saw them, there were four of them dressed in red sparkly outfits. My sons kissed the mom's hand and she was thrilled :mickey:

Magic Smiles
07-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Are they still performing in Epcot? We have never seen them.

McGoofy
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Are they still performing in Epcot? We have never seen them.

No, Kristos is no longer there. I am not sure when they left.

I am the original poster. I am now able to post a photo of the Kristos (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2771827950101825575edouXf) trio that I saw. (I know this photo may be a day late and a dollar short, but somebody just showed me how to put photos into an Intercot post.;)) Anyhow, this is my picture of just 3 people dressed in the silver. (Keep in mind, I took a digital photo of a regular non-digital photo so the quality is poor.) Contrary to what I said in my OP, the date on the back of this photo is November 29, 2000.

Thanks to all those that clarified the difference as to why there were sometimes 3 or 4 people!:mickey: