PDA

View Full Version : Do I need ADRs in January?

rachburch
07-20-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't think we're doing the DDP this time around. Although I love to plan, I find that getting to the resaurants for that many TS meals makes us rush around and/or miss some magic. Anyways, we do enjoy the TS meals, just not so planned and not so many. So what I'm wondering is, can we just "wing it" in Jan and try to eat at the TS restaurants when we walk up? Or will it still be busy enough that we have LONG waits or no chance of being seated at all? We are going Jan 12 -21,2008. The first weekend is the Marathon and the second is MLKJ weekend.Also, we're staying at WL and I am particularly interested in waits for Whispering Canyon and Artist Point at that time of year. Thanks in advance.

BronxTigger
07-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Make the ADRs. You can always cancel them or try to change them while you are on your trip. You can try to walk up for a different time, or you can call the dining number while you are in the parks to make ADRs for the same day.

But, I'd have some ADRs planned, especially the ones you care the most about.

tink179
07-21-2007, 12:26 AM
I say go ahead and book as well. We'll be there Jan 13-21 and I already made ressies at Le cellier and San Angel Inn. Le Cellier only had 3 times for me too choose from. I got one though :party:. My family and I have never been to either. I have to get up early tomorrow morning and call for CRT! Wish me luck!!! I would book though if you wanting a certain one. What's it going to hurt? :mickey:

Natazu
07-21-2007, 04:44 AM
As someone who doesn't go to the mailbox without an ADR, take this for what it's worth. Always make ADRs. If you change your dinner plans or just decide to skip the TS that day, no big deal. That just means someone else can get that spot.

mouseketeer mom
07-21-2007, 08:14 AM
We were there this past Jan into Feb. We had table service ADR's each nite., and each nite, the restaurants were crowded. Make them! Its always good to have choices.

Rodders
07-21-2007, 09:18 AM
My main concern about having ADRs is similar. I don't like to be tied down but if not showing is no major problem then that makes it more appealing to me.

We hardly did any table service meals during our last trip because it was tricky to get in.

Does anyone know how they manage the booknigs with penalties for no shows if you are on the DDP? What about the pre payment bookings such as the Royal Table in the castle?

rachburch
07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, it looks like the YEAS have it. Thanks to all. Not the answer I was looking for, though. :mickey:

tink179- good luck with CRT ADRs. I don't have to worry about that one because I have a 7 year old son who is princessaphobic! :ack: :princess: :bolt: