PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge

lawgirl
07-20-2007, 10:48 PM
We're staying at the WL in Sept. We've never stayed there before...does anyone have any "must-haves" for the lodge? We usually stay at AKL, and would love to hear your favorite things about the WL.

Also, is there a certain area we should request? I'm not familiar with the layout of the lodge. We just have the standard room. Any tips or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

TikiGoddess
07-21-2007, 08:00 AM
I've heard that if you request 'upper floors, MK view' you might get one of the standard rooms that overlooks the Contemporary and the MK. The fireworks at night can be seen over the trees. The only downside of those rooms was the loading dock below the rooms.

There is a map of the WL here at Info Central. I'm not sure exactly which rooms would be standard, but I think it's the ones over the loading dock facing the MK and some rooms above the lobby (floors 4-6). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully you'll get what we did -- booked a standard and got upgraded to a courtyard view, without even asking!

TikiG

lawgirl
07-21-2007, 09:55 AM
How do we do a room request? Should we just fax it to the WL before we go? Or do we just ask at the front desk?

Nevergrowup
07-21-2007, 09:57 AM
WL is great. Last year they upgraded us to a water view room. We could still see the fireworks to the left of our balcony. We were on the 5th floor.

Mousehead35
07-21-2007, 11:33 AM
We were on the 4th Fl, courtyard veiw and were able to see Wishes everynight from our balcony. Loved it here!!!

SgtTigger
07-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Don't forget about the Electrical water pageant at 9:35 every night... It can be seen from the beach area at the rear of the lodge....

:cop: :tigger:

TikiGoddess
07-21-2007, 03:55 PM
The best way for the WL to get your requests is to include them (or have your travel agent include them) in your reservation. I know that the WL does not accept faxed requests as other resorts do. I did read somewhere that you might be able to contact the Lodge by phone but at the moment I don't remember what the number is... if I find it later I will post it.

TikiG

lawgirl
07-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks everyone! We'll keep our fingers crossed for a good room!

Old School Mouse Ears
07-24-2007, 09:11 AM
i got engaged at WL in 05 and will honeymoon there this sept.needless to say but WL is my fav. my now DW loves the boat from the lodge to the magic kingdom. its a plesent trip over the lakes, great views of CR.and you arrive at the MK and so relaxing at night back to the lodge..beats the bus anyday.. in 05 we were up graded to a lake view from a standard ,was on first floor ..really only feet from the pool.when you check in ask about being a "flag family" you have to get up early but you raise the flags on the lodge roof and the view overlooking the lakes and CR and MK you will never forget. ive stayed at the poly ..loved it..CR was great CBR PO CSR all wonderful ..but i love WL best of all:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
1) Some Standard rooms have views of the Castle & Fireworks.
. . . the Standard rooms overlook the service area
. . . in the early AM, you can hear truck backup alarms
. . . patios overlook driveway, employee entrance, smokehouse
. . . some of the rooms have a good views of fireworks
2) Some of the "must do's" or "if you can, do"
. . . become the Flag family for the day
. . . take the lodge tour at 9:00am
. . . sit in lobby and people-watch
. . . go to Iron Spike Room and see REAL Walt train cars
. . . take a walk from WL to Fort Wilderness
. . . rent a pontoon boat and sail the two lakes
. . . have a romantic dinner at Artist Point

Crow
07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
ive stayed twice. was upgraded to pool view first time. 2nd time had bus stop/villas view.
this time i have a courtyard view booked for 2 nghts then a standard 1 night.\
WL is my top resort.
try Artist Pt. its great and i will b back in Sept.
the lobby is great too. sit in a rocking chair overlookin the lobby
the geyser is nice

jenperich
07-25-2007, 10:40 PM
You should eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe!! It's the best, and definitely make sure to ask for the ketchup!!!! :-)

whitesoxfan
08-02-2007, 11:55 PM
We stayed in building nine, fourth floor. We asked for an upgrade when we got there and it was given to us.

We didn't have a room on one side of us and we faced the pool and geyser. The entrance to the food court was directly below us so it took just seconds to go get a late night snack or fill up your refillable mug. We absolutely loved our room.

DISNEYFIX
08-03-2007, 04:04 AM
1) Some Standard rooms have views of the Castle & Fireworks.
. . . the Standard rooms overlook the service area
. . . in the early AM, you can hear truck backup alarms
. . . patios overlook driveway, employee entrance, smokehouse
. . . some of the rooms have a good views of fireworks
2) Some of the "must do's" or "if you can, do"
. . . become the Flag family for the day
. . . take the lodge tour at 9:00am
. . . sit in lobby and people-watch
. . . go to Iron Spike Room and see REAL Walt train cars
. . . take a walk from WL to Fort Wilderness
. . . rent a pontoon boat and sail the two lakes
. . . have a romantic dinner at Artist Point

Any tips for the VWL?
Thanks
Chris

playdead88
08-03-2007, 06:37 AM
our april 08 trip will be our 1st stay at WL also! in the past 3 years we have always stayed in a villa since my parents always come with us but this year we are opting for two rooms at the WL instead of a villa - now that the kids are older the need for a full kitchen is a lot less - so it will also be our 1st stay in a room that isnt a villa - i am still undecided on woods view vs. standard and i don't know if wanting the 2 rooms close together will effect the outcome - any suggestion?? :mickey:

Sunshine1010
08-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Chris -

I'd like to know this as well. I'll be there in 01-08 through the DVC.