PDA

View Full Version : What kind of chances??

nadisnut
07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
:confused:
A relative is trying to trade their timeshare via Interval International for a 2 bedroom DVC inside of Walt Disney Resort. She deposited her request and requested a 2 bdrm @ either the Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas or the Wilderness Lodge Villas for any time span in May 2008. What are her chances of receiving this request, we will be staying w/them for this May 2008 trip, so I want to ensure we get ANYTHING available at the Resort. Is she dooming our trip by being so specific? She has Gold Member status if that matters? :ill:

Pirate Granny
07-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Can you let me knnow by private message if you are successful in the trade with Interval. I'm interested in doing the same thing...but November 2008...I don't really want Thanksgiving week, but I figure they won't have any that week anyway...so I was going to pick from 4 weeks starting in November...does it have to be Friday/Saturday/Sunday or can it start on any day since Disney doesn't have the weekend as check-in/check-out days...
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers cross for you.
:pirate:

wendy*darling
07-21-2007, 08:02 PM
DVC villas are extremely rare finds on trade-ins from II. That's not to say they don't ever happen, but it is very rare.

I think your relative would have a better shot if she did not specify a resort. I think her best bet would be SSR.

Good luck!

Becky'sMom
07-22-2007, 11:48 AM
FWIW,
I mentioned during my DVC open house last week that my current non disney timeshare doesn't allow trading into a WDW resort because Orlando is my home base (even though I was told this was doable when the timeshare was sold to me). The DVC rep was surprised, but also mentioned that there was an 8 year wait list to trade into DVC via interval international...I'm not sure how this is possible since you can't reserve more than a year out, but that's what she said.
Lauren

DonLefNY
07-23-2007, 12:46 PM
I have some friends who tried to trade their timeshare for a DVC stay for 3 years without success. They finally bought at HH.

Tiggerish
07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Also, the three resorts specified are (a) two of the smallest (BCV, WLV) and (b) two of the most popular (BCV, BWV).

Even as a DVC member, I would have a hard time getting a room at the BCV since I don't own there. Lucky for me, I prefer BW.

Chances would be significantly improved if your relative was open to OKW or SSR.

nadisnut
07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I sure will, good luck also. According to the literature from Interval International, the check in dates are Monday-Sunday.:thumbsup:

Can you let me knnow by private message if you are successful in the trade with Interval. I'm interested in doing the same thing...but November 2008...I don't really want Thanksgiving week, but I figure they won't have any that week anyway...so I was going to pick from 4 weeks starting in November...does it have to be Friday/Saturday/Sunday or can it start on any day since Disney doesn't have the weekend as check-in/check-out days...
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers cross for you.
:pirate: