PDA

View Full Version : OKW Studio

Horizon93
07-20-2007, 05:05 PM
DW and I are in a 1 br at OKW for our next trip. We were waitlisted for a studio. Got the call today that a studio is available. I know that the amenities are different, but it is just the two of us for a short trip. Are the studios nice? It would save a ton of points.

Thanks

tinktude
07-20-2007, 05:24 PM
The studios are very nice at OKW, as I believe they are the biggest of all the DVC resorts. If it is just the two of you and it is a short trip, I think that you will enjoy the studio.

dlpmikki
07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
For just two people I prefer the studios anywhere but OKW! They are nice but it is two queen beds. Other studios have a queen bed and a sofa bed.

The one beds at OKW are awesome! If you can manage the points then try it!

okw2006
07-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I would have to say go for the 1 bedroom. Points well spent!!:thumbsup:

dephenn
07-20-2007, 06:02 PM
The studios are fine at okw for two people if you plan to eat out, studios only have the toaster and micro, thats all studios at vacation homes not just okw. There is plenty of room for two, there is the point about the two beds and no sofabed, but look at it this way, if you get mad at each other you can sleep in seperate beds ( just kidding of course)or since the beds don't get made daily you can be a little lazy and use both. But honestly we stayed in an okw studio and it was fine. Have a great trip.

Horizon93
07-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all of the advice so far.

We are leaning toward the studio. We could end up banking the unused points and go for a 1 br next summer at AKV, which we can book 11 months out.

The 1 br at OKW does look really nice though.

Horizon93
07-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Just got off the phone with member services and we went with the studio. AFter looking toward the next few trips, the points saved will help us with some longer trips, some in 1 Br homes. I think it was the right call.

tinkerbell04
07-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I think you will be happy with the studio. Have a great time!:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
07-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Just got off the phone with member services and we went with the studio. AFter looking toward the next few trips, the points saved will help us with some longer trips, some in 1 Br homes. I think it was the right call.
The studios definitely save you points. We've done a lot of trips staying in a studio for that exact reason - and OKW saves the most points. :thumbsup:

With our kids growing, we often split our stay to make our points go further. We'll do a studio for the weekend, then a 1BR (sometimes 2BR) during the week.

Personally I think you made the right call. The greatest benefit of the 1BR is the kitchen. If you weren't cooking, you're better off in the studio. That extra space is nice (with a second TV), but for 2 people, probably wasn't needed.

Hope you have a great trip! :mickey:

Horizon93
07-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks Frank. I do think it is the right call.