PDA

View Full Version : Are you wearing a costume to MNSSHP?

Disneyatic
07-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I would like to know if the adults are wearing costumes to MNSSHP.

I had at first been gung-ho about wearing a costume, but now I am leaning towards just wearing a halloween t-shirt.

Christine
07-20-2007, 04:54 PM
I have dressed up the past two years and LOVE it! It really gets you, the cast members, and the other guests in the holiday festive spirit!

I promise you you won't be alone. Also, sometimes I think you stand out MORE if you are NOT dressed up at MNSSHP.

Disney_or_bust
07-20-2007, 06:06 PM
We went to the party last year. Our costumes consisted of our bride/groom ears. We saw alot of adults dressed up though. And seeing the little disney princesses was adorable!

LKCEmom
07-20-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't wear a costume but I have to say the costumes last year and in years past have been phenomenal. A lot of people do an amazing job and posses incredible imaginations. By all means dress up and don't forget a camera! :pumpkin:

murphy1
07-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Yes, and I am making them for me and two of my dd's. We are really excited. My girls are excited to see mommy be Mary Poppins in the white dress!

My sister goes every year and lives there, her and her family always wear t-shirts. I am trying to get them to wear costumes this year.

Ian
07-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to wear a costume, except for the fact that it can be a little annoying traipsing around Magic Kingdom all dressed up.

But I certainly wouldn't worry about looking out of place or silly or anything ... plenty of adults dress up and have a good time with it. I think it works better for the locals, though, who come just for the night and just for the party.

Lizzie
07-21-2007, 12:15 AM
We didn't when we went last year but we sure did get some candy.

But we saw this guy going to the party when we left and he sure did. Here is a picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnoldtwins/339795908/in/set-72157594450115509/).

He was so excited about his costume he was happy to let us take his picture. My Dad ended up buying tickets for the party that night after he saw him.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-21-2007, 12:28 AM
As of now the kids are dressing up but DH and I are not. :blush:

I may wear a t shirt if I can find one I like. DD wants me to dress up and she usually gets her way so, we shall see.

DH will not be dressing up. That I know for sure.

Mickey91
07-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Well, I voted that we are all wearing costumes. Our DD already has hers and the rest of us plan to have one by then. If not, we will wear our MNSSHP shirts from another year.

McGoofy
07-21-2007, 06:12 AM
12 adults and only one child here. All 13 of us are dressing up! You will see lots of adults dressed up. It is so much fun!:mickey:

Jeri Lynn
07-21-2007, 08:07 AM
The two past Halloween parties I went to it was pretty hot outside, I couldn't imagine being all dressed up, I'm just wearing a halloween t-shirt.:mickey:

PeterPanFan
07-21-2007, 08:32 AM
We dressed last year and will dress this year

SimbaandNalasMama
07-21-2007, 09:40 AM
This is our first MNSSHP and we are dressing up. It is just me (35) and hubby (32), but I want the whole experience. I have read a lot and seen tons of pics, and it looks like so much fun to be dressed up. Now we just have to decide what we are gonna dress up like..

Nevergrowup
07-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I'd love to dress up. Maybe I can get DH to do it this time.

luvdiznee
07-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I'll probably be one of those with a decorated halloween type Mickey shirt or something. Not even sure what to put my dd in. :mickey:

beksy
07-21-2007, 01:23 PM
We are going for the first time and wanted the whole experience so we are dressing up! We already have our costumes and are now just counting the days!

JPL
07-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I thought about wearing a costume but will be doing other during the day before I attend the party and not sure I want to waste the time to head back to the hotel to get dressed up.

Tinkerfreak
07-21-2007, 04:51 PM
DD's have always dressed up. DH wears a Grumpy baseball cap and I always wear my light up Princess crown. This year oldest DD will be turning 13 so does not want to wear a costume just a light up crown like her Mommy. I'm not sure if my yougest DD who will be turning 10 will still want to dress up or not.

Catwillow
07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
yep.....Malificient ALL THE WAY!!!!! My best friend (adult) is going as the Fairy Godmother and we so far have a Pocohantas, TinkerBell, Lightening McQueen, and a Samurai...not sure about the rest. It's going to soooo rock!!!!!

laward32
07-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Probably only my kids. But only because the costume I want is just way to expensive and I just found out last Sunday that I am going to get to go to WDW. I will be using every extra dollar for the plane and park tickets, so no costume for me.

tarjaybuff
07-22-2007, 10:53 PM
We will dress up as well. Very simple outfits though so it is easy to pack and travel.:mickey:

hoop de do
07-23-2007, 09:04 AM
As I said in a previous post.

If you don't dress up - You'll mess up

Have a blast and wear a mask.

OK I'm done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Joanna
07-23-2007, 09:40 AM
My DH is going to be a pirate and I'll try an Elizabeth Swann costume. We'll be there during the Intercot Anniversary Party !!!! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I voted for the shirt, however, it will really be "Ears" that we will be wearing.

DH - PiRATe ears
ME - Princess ears

EmcDuckRN
07-23-2007, 01:57 PM
My wife and I went without kids last year and we dressed up. We had a heck of a time at first trying to think of a costume to wear. staying within the rules (such as no masks, nothing too scary, etc.)and thinking about our comfort.

We went as Mousketeers, fairly normal looking clothes (good thing as it did rain) Names on the shirts and replica Mousketeer hats and the whole thing.

I did see a LOT of people dressed as pirates which also seemed to look comfortable. Enough Jack Sparrows to give the writers ideas for POTC III !

If you can find something in your own comfort zone, I say go for it, even some of the cast members are dressing up with you. This is your chance to play. :thumbsup:

wedway76
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I'll be going ad a balding, graying, pudgy, middle-aged dad. Look for me!

KAT1811
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
But we saw this guy going to the party when we left and he sure did. Here is a picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnoldtwins/339795908/in/set-72157594450115509/).

:funny: :funny: :funny: I wish I could get DH to do something like that!!!

We won't be dressing up only the kids. Maybe I'll get my face painted.

iheartmickey
07-23-2007, 04:22 PM
We've been planning our costumes since I got our party tickets!

Our ideas have swayed back and forth between a few things. My mom said she wanted to do Cinderella group ... DD Cindy, my mom Fairy Godmother and DH and I as the wicked step sisters. I can just picture DH as a step sister! WHAHAHAHA!!! :thedolls:

Now I think we're doing Alice theme. Although DD will probably do a princess, because she says Alice is not a princess! Mom and I will be Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb and DH will be either the Mad Hatter or the White Rabit. DH says he really wants to go as Tron. I don't know which is funnier! LOL!

RocknRoller94
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
My whole family will be dressing up. I don't know what I'll be yet, but I'm gonna be someone.:mickey:

DDuck66
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
We always wear the previous years MNSSHP t-shirt!!!!

PrincessCandaceMarie
07-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I'll be going ad a balding, graying, pudgy, middle-aged dad. Look for me!

ROFL:haha::haha:

aprilshowers93
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
What does mnsshp stand for?

disneydaisy
07-24-2007, 10:24 PM
In 2004 DD was Dorothy and I was Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz. This year DD will be Pocahontas, I just got my Queen of Hearts costume, DH Pirate(maybe Jack Sparrow) and my mom the Fairy Godmother. I should find that Grumpy hat that a poster mentioned for my dad who doesn't like to dress up. Oh well, we all have a blast whether we are dressed up or not.:mickey:

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Halloween is a fun holiday.I enjoy the childrens costumes. Unless I was attending a fancy dress party at someones home I can't imagine dressing in a costume. Some of the folks at MNSSHP go overboard. It's like they have regressed trying to regain lost youth. You can be young at heart without dressing like Minnie Mouse.