PDA

View Full Version : *!!!!!!!!!!!10 More Days!!!!!!!*

disneyfanforever
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
:D:D:D Our family is sooo stoked! We're taking our first WDW trip in less than two weeks! From July 30th to the 6th of Aug. If there are any last minute tips that you have to give us, they would be appriciated. Such as, Whats the weather for those dates....and what are must see rides and shows vs. shows and rides that could be missed. Thank you!

AdventurerKim
07-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm so jealous! :pout: We still have 119 days until our next WDW trip! Have a great time! :mickey:

Disdad13
07-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Hope you have a great trip!

My best piece of advice is to make sure you take time to soak in all of the great Disney magic that you can. I know that since this is your first trip you may be tempted to go, go, go so you don't miss anything. But, by trying to do that, you will miss out on all of the subtle Disney magic that will be all around you. Besides, as much as you go, there will be no way you can see/do it all. So slow down, relax and stop to smell the roses.....and the popcorn, and the cinnamon, and.....:)

SBETigg
07-20-2007, 05:06 PM
How exciting! Definitely pace yourselves- the temptation is to try to fit in everything and to do too much too fast. Plan some down time to get rested and recharged, an afternoon at the resort pool or something to avoid mid-week burnout. Have a magical time!

HOLITRIN
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM
:thumbsup:My best advice is not to rush through anything. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Everything from the attractions to the shops to the landscaping is so well done and adds to the magic of WDW. Take your time in browsing through the shops and stop at a bench and sit for a few minutes.

While your in the MK, stop for a Dole whip and relax or feast your way through WS at Epcot. Enjoy all the live shows and hope you get picked to participate (Indiana Jones at DS is one), Resort hop and experience some great theming. Don't miss the fireworks. The shows at MK, Epcot and DS are all different and wonderful.

You won't get to do and see everything on your first trip, but it only makes you want to start planning your second trip. Have a blast and enjoy!!!

pixiesmimi
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
As many times as we have been, I still don't think we have see everything. Be sure to plan a day off to just stay at the resort or do other things restful about half way through the week. This rejuvinates you to start again the next day. Enjoy everything, even if it is a ride for small children, and maybe you don't have small children. :mickey: My DH and I are going "Alone" in August for the first time for our anniversary and we are going to purposely seek out those things we may have avoided or missed the rest of our trips, maybe because we had children with us. You may not see everything, but like they said, this will spark you to visit again very soon. Start at the beginning and just absorb everything slowly and especially in the heat, don't try to rush. Take frequent breaks and you will still feel like you experienced a lot in one day. Don't miss the parades and fireworks.:thumbsup:

Gottaluvgoof
07-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, my 10th visit to Disney World is 49 DAYS AWAY! :mickey: I say, go with the flow. We promise ourselves every time we go that we're going to "Take it easy." :secret: It never happens. The adrenaline kicks in and we are at the parks open until close every day that we are there. So, good luck with the advice of getting some rest. :D I always figure, the heck with rest. I'll get that when I get home. I want every moment of the magic while I am in the World. :thumbsup:

disneyfanforever
07-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks for your quick replys! Do you have any idea how many days we would need to spend in each park? We have been to DL lots of times. So when we go to the MK we will try to do all the "new" stuff and definitely watch Wishes. So we probably will only be there one day. Epcot, MGM, and AK....will all be very new to us.

LoriMistress
07-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Just double check and your ADRs and any other reservations to make sure there isn't an error.

GottaLvDisney
07-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm so jealous - ten is way better than 56!

Lizzie
07-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Since its your first time relax and realize you can't do everything so don't stress about it. Decide with your family a couple of must sees and don't stress the small stuff. Try to always have a fast pass and when that one is valid go get another before you use it.

Utilize Photo Pass, and take pictures they are always the best souvenir.

Have a great trip and enjoy hanging out with your family at Disney.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for your quick replys! Do you have any idea how many days we would need to spend in each park? We have been to DL lots of times. So when we go to the MK we will try to do all the "new" stuff and definitely watch Wishes. So we probably will only be there one day. Epcot, MGM, and AK....will all be very new to us.

I hope you have an amazing trip!! :party::mickey:

We usually do at least 2 days in MK. (Last year it was 2.5) at least 2.5 days in Epcot (our favorite park) 1.5 days in AK and a half day in MGM. We fill in the rest of the time with a day at Sea World and some time in DTD. We have more time there this year so we are going to *try* and have some down time. I doubt it. ;)

Like everyone else said, make sure you take some time to really take it all in. Fast pass is a must for any attraction with a line.

Have fun!

pixiesmimi
07-21-2007, 02:00 PM
We usually do two days at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 at MGM, and if we go to AK-1 day there. We take a day to enjoy DTD and the resort in the middle to rejuvenate. But we split the days, not do two in a row at MK. We might start there and end there, etc.

GrumpyFan
07-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Well, my 10th visit to Disney World is 49 DAYS AWAY! :mickey: I say, go with the flow.

We're down to 48 as of today. Looks like we're going to be there at the same time.

As many have said, take your time and try not to rush through and do everything. The parks are big, REALLY BIG! And, you can't possibly do it all in one trip. Decide now what rides and attractions you think you want to do, so that when you get there you have a somewhat rough idea.

Takes lots of patience with you. You're going during a very busy time of year. Use Fastpass whenever possible. Remember that sometimes when a line is too long, it's best to move on to something else, then try to come back.

Most of all, have fun.

DisneyLuver91
07-21-2007, 02:42 PM
It may be a really cheesy thing, but check out the Electrical Water Pageant. My family watches it from one of the beaches at Fort Wilderness every trip. Its been there since the park opened and its fun to see how far we've come. Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Have fun! Don't over do it and stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water and LOVE every minute of the trip! Let us know how you made out when you get home. :mickey:

EvilQueen2006
07-21-2007, 05:23 PM
As for the weather, check out stormchaser's thread in Vacation Planning.it was very helpful for me in planning my last trip.

Gottaluvgoof
07-21-2007, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=GrumpyFan;1363046]We're down to 48 as of today. Looks like we're going to be there at the same time.

Maybe we'll run into eachother Grumpy. :D September is my favorite time! Free dining and there was no crowd last time I went in September.

moe513
07-21-2007, 06:28 PM
If you are staying on property plan on an afternoon break. You need to get out of the heat.We like to go back to the resort. The kids swim and I take a nap. Then showers and off for more fun. Also, have a game plan. research the time of parades,fireworks, fantasmic illuminations electric parade etc. so you can get them in if you want. I also recommend getting to the parks early and taking advantage of the am emh. Enjoy:cloud9:

MrPeetrie
07-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm sooooo happy for you. Have a "Magical" time!

dolphinmickey9170
07-22-2007, 10:05 PM
My thoughts are - 2 days per park, but take your time. Enjoy yourselves, stay hydrated and hug Mickey for me.

19 more days for us.

shan-ash
07-22-2007, 11:30 PM
One of the things that I wished I had done more of was taking pictures of the attractions signs--it would have been a great addition to the scrapebooks! Have a great trip!:mickey:

texasteacher
07-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I am going for the 10th time in December, and I still have not seen it all!
My picks for not-to-be-missed:
Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan's Flight, Carousel of Progress, Mickey's Philharmagic, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, SpectroMagic,Wishes,and eat a citrus swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland.
Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin', and eat at The Garden Grille in the Land pavillion (make advance reservations).
MGM: The Great Movie Ride, Aerosmith Rock'n Roller Coaster, and Star Tours
Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur and Everest
Have a great trip!

disneyfanforever
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
:mickey:
6 more days! whoo hooo!
has anyone been there lately? in the past couple of weeks? If so, what are the crowds like? and if we use fast passes. approximately how long is the wait for the bigger rides? THANKS!!!

tony2979
07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Congratulation!!!! :party: 59 more days for us until our 2nd family trip.

Just to echo what a lot of others have said, try (and yes, it is hard) to slow down and take it in. Drink plenty of water, and accept that there are some things that will be missed. I was so irritated at the things that we missed last year, but I am so excited now that we will things are brand new to us this year.

Have a GREAT time!!!

cknorr28
07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
20 more days for me and the kids. My Wife is going to Peru with her Mom so me and the boys are doing it ourselves. Boy I hope I can handle two kids (11 and 9) by myself at Disney.