PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood of Cancellations?

BelleKP
07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I've decided . . . yes, somewhat last minute . . . that I want to try to get an ADR for the Princess breakfast at Norway . . .
Currently there are no available times . . . has anyone ever been successful if they keep calling back and hoping for a cancellation?
And what's the likelihood of getting seated if we just show up? How long would you figure the wait would be?
Thanks for the advice!

January-2007
07-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I wanted to try the Chef Mickey's breakfast during our last trip, this past Memorial Day week. I started calling a few months prior to arrival and nothing was available at all the entire length of our stay. I called and called, several times a week sometimes, and finally something opened up. Apparently someone had just cancelled, so we got our ADR, and it was the day I wanted, too, so it worked out great. It was a little early, 7:50AM, but we took it anyway and it was the best time ever! We have a new favorite! So yeah, cancellations are totally possible, you just have to keep calling and take whatever becomes available if something does become available.

If there are no ADRs to be had I wouldn't even waste my time trying to be seated as a walk up, they will probably just tell you they are full. Good luck! Just keep calling and you might get lucky like we did!

vamaggie
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I have never tried this but read here to try to call 45 days before since that is the day balances are due and some folks have to cancel their trips and therefore their ADRs. I would keep trying (every day if you can) to see if you can get what you want. From what I have read here the chance of a walk up is pretty unlikely (esp during free dining). Sending you some pixie dust :tink:for luck!!

Nevergrowup
07-21-2007, 10:12 AM
I've been trying for reserevations at the Castle since May (for Sept) with no luck. Keep trying and maybe you can get into Norway. Wish you luck.