PDA

View Full Version : Housekeeping Tips

TinksPixieDust
07-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Looking for other's opinion when leaving tips for the Housekeeping Cast Members. Our typical stay is 8 or 9 nights in a DVC resort which would equate to 2 full housekeepings and 1 trash & towel service during our stay. How do others base their tipping for housekeeping and what would be a standard tip. Just trying to get a sense.

:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2007, 03:00 PM
We just stayed in May (SSR) and gave $1 per person to mousekeeping for each visit, and we had two full mousekeeping days and two trash and towel days. One day they wouldn't/didn't take the nevelope I set out for them. I tried to give it to the front desk and they wouldn't take it either. Not sure why that ever happened.

We usually emptied our trash each morning as we were leaving out room anyway because we had an infant with us, and you all know what diapers can do to a room.

MickeyMousse
07-21-2007, 10:57 AM
We used to leave tips envelopes- about $3 each time-and more than not it would be left in our room. I spoke with a Mousekeeper as we were leaving our room one morning about this and she said that they weren't supposed to accept tips, which was backed up by the Front Desk.

So now we don't.

DH usually dumps our trash and I vacuum if it's messy.

IloveDisney71
07-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Wow - I didn't know Disney house keepers were not supposed to be tipped. In all the times I've ever stayed, there was only one time when the tip was not taken. I really appreciate the service they provide, so I hate not to leave a tip.