PDA

View Full Version : How busy in January?

4littleboys
07-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I will be at WDW over Martin Luther King Day Jan 19-27 - how will the crowds be?

BigRedDad
07-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Typically, January is one of the best times to go. I do expect the first weekend will be busier due to the 3-day weekend, but after that it should be very light. Most people are just coming off XMas break and not ready to take a week off of work the first month of the calendar year.

We will be going over MLK day in 2009.

bobpfef
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
We went the same time period this year, a week starting with MLK weekend and thought it was pretty reasonable. The Saturday and Sunday of MLK weekend seemed busy to us (it was our first trip though so I have nothing to compare it to) but the rest of the week was light. We rode Everest 9 times, BTMRR 18x, etc. Longest line that we ran into that wasn't MLK weekend was 20 minutes for Soarin. Many rides were walk on, even the big ones like Space Mountain, Test Track, Mission Space, BTMRR etc. Peter Pan had a bit of a wait usually, and did Dumbo, if you didn't do it first thing. We fastpassed Peter Pan.

Our family even had Dream Fastpasses for the last Sunday we were there (the weekend after MLK) for EPCOT and the only one we used was Soarin as everything else at EPCOT was walkon.

We are going to go back the same time frame in 2009 as it just worked out so well. And the weather was wonderful!

BigRedDad
07-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Hope to see you there Bobpfef. We have to go that week to minimize vacation for DW and BIL. They are both in education. Our state is very weird on vacation during school.