PDA

View Full Version : pool use

tealady
07-20-2007, 11:07 AM
If you are staying at one WDW hotel what are the rules about swimming at the swimming pool at other WDW hotels?

:confused:

mprewitt
07-20-2007, 11:11 AM
It is not allowed.

SBETigg
07-20-2007, 11:17 AM
There are signs posted that pools are only for guests of that resort, and they have been known to check room keys at certain resorts to make sure that you do belong there- only in really crowded circumstances.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2007, 11:38 AM
The answer is pretty simple, you play where you pay. Some of the resorts are considered "sister" properties however and they do share the pool facilities. For example, both the Beach Club & Yacht Club share; Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter share; and the AllStars share their pools.

BelleBeauty
07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I believe that in some instances, if you are staying at the concierge level of a deluxe resort you are allowed to visit other resorts' pools. :mickey:

PeterPanFan
07-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Who wants to swim when you can ride SPACE MOUNTAIN!

Play where you pay thats why differnt resorts cost more or less or is it less or more. Im so confused!

TammiMcMan
07-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I believe that in some instances, if you are staying at the concierge level of a deluxe resort you are allowed to visit other resorts' pools. :mickey:Definitely NOT true.

disneycouple2004
07-20-2007, 12:20 PM
DCV members can pool hop..here is the info..
right here from intercot, DVC pros and cons :

Disney Vacation Club members can enjoy the variety of themed pools at the Disney Resorts during their stay. Members are permitted to "hop" to any resort pool while they are a guest at a DVC resort. Exceptions are Stormalong Bay at the Beach & Yacht Club Resorts (unless you are staying at that resort or in the Beach Club Villas) and the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool (again, unless you are a guest of that resort).

You must be prepared to present your room key card to any attendant on duty. This will identify you as a Vacation Club member currently staying at the resorts.

Pool hopping may be suspended or limited during busy seasons or other times at the discretion of the resort. It is wise to call ahead before going to another resort's pool to make sure pool hopping is permitted that day.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-20-2007, 12:55 PM
While staying at the GF, the small pool was closed. During a visit to the Poly, I asked a CM if it would be OK to use the Poly pool and not be a Poly guest there. I was told as long as I am guest of either the GF or Poly, I could use pools at either resort.

This may have only been due to the pool closure. I would check.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
This may have only been due to the pool closure. I would check.That's correct. Disney does make provisions if necessary during a pool rehab. Not that long ago, the WL was rehabbing their pool and Disney provided a shuttle to the CR, so that guests could use their pool if they liked. None of these resorts are considered "sister" resorts, even though they may be close to each other. Pool sharing would only be setup during special circumstances.

Unfortunately, as most of us are aware, not all Disney CM's are created equal. If you ask enough of them, eventually you will find someone who isn't quite that knowledgeable and tells you it's okay to swim in any pool you want and some will even tell you it's fine to re-use your refillable mug from 3 years ago. The policy however, is clearly defined at the pool. It states that they are for the use of those guests staying at that particular resort. If a closure is going to affect your stay, you will be notified of that by your resort.

Wrigley
07-21-2007, 02:09 PM
You are not allowed to "pool hop" at other resorts. You can only use the pools at the resort you are staying at. When we were staying at WL there were lifeguards that were going around and checking to make sure everyone that was using the pool were truly guests of that resort. They were asking people to get their room keys out to show proof. If they came across someone that wasn't supposed to be swimming there, they were asked to leave immediately.