PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Disney guide

disneymom15
07-20-2007, 09:33 AM
I was on the home page and clicked on the "Ex Disney employee talks about insider secrets link". She's an ex employee who wrote a book about Disney discount secrets. Has anyone purchased this book? Is it worth it? Please tell me your opinions.

goofiecrazy
07-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I was wondering the same thing.I tried to see if the library here carried it so i wouldnt have to buy it but they dont.Does she tell u anything u dont already know from being on here?You can get from Amazon.com new or used.

Dyanna
07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I had purchased it about a year ago. It has some very helpful information but nothing that you can't find out here. Whenever there is an update they make the changes on the website. Once you pay for the download you can access is forever without having to pay more fees. It's a lot of reading for the money.

BigRedDad
07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Don't waste your money. You can get all the information and more from Intercot. I bought it for $5 on eBay. I figured I could throw away $5 to save $1000s.

The info is very general and the "savings" are common sense. Examples include:

1. If you have a sit down meal for 4 and it cost $150, you could save $140 by buying bread and lunch meat from the grocery store. No kidding!!!

2. Staying at a Value resort will save you money over a Deluxe resort.

3. Going during Value season will save you over Peak season on rooms.

The only thing I got out of it was the renting of DVC points from DVC members. Going that route, you can save some good money during Value seasons. It is the only good thing out of the .pdf file.

If you want it, I can try to dig it up and send it.