PDA

View Full Version : Do Disney ships go to Alaska

Marilyn Michetti
07-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Do either of the Disney ships, sail to Alaska? We've never cruised, and DH has his heart set on Alaska.........

Tami, where are you?:boat:

EyeLuvDisney
07-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't know if they cruise to Alaska, but we just got back from a Alaskan cruise.

I am a Disney fanatic and am so disappointed to not be going to DW this year, but our Alaskan cruise tempered my disappointment greatly.

We had such a wonderful time. Bald eagles flying around everywhere we looked. Humpback whales jumping & splashing. Orca, or Killer Whales, swimming in pods. Harbor seals resting and playing. Temperature in the mid 50's. Moutains reaching to the sky. Glaciers so big & blue.

I hope you can make it to Alaska. We sailed with Holland America. Great cruise line. Only drawback is amount of verandas. We saw other ships in port and based on ships & amenities, I would recommend Royal Caribbean. While our ship had only one deck of verandas. Royal Caribbean had at least four decks of them in various sizes. I was checking out their specials and they have some great ones for August & early September.

That trip is a trip of a lifetime!!

Trey

Chipfan
07-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I work for Disney Cruise Line and as of right now we dont go to Alaska but who knows whats going to happen in the future especially with 2 new ships. Disney is going to have a lot of new itineraries once those new ships come out.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Alaska has been a big request by Disney cruisers. So far, it hasn't made it onto the itinerary. Keeping my fingers crossed that as ChipFan mentioned, we'll see it as an option for one of the newer ships.

Tink1
07-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Alaska is an amazing cruise. We went a few years ago and enjoyed it so much we are doing another group in JUly '08.

I did it just to appease my husband, but ended up loving it.

I am hoping we will see some Alaska and Hawaii Itineraries once they get the other 2 Disney ships built!

Nanc

TammiMcMan
07-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I am hoping we will see some Alaska and Hawaii Itineraries once they get the other 2 Disney ships built!That would be great. I'm wondering if they will permanently dock 2 of the ships on the West Coast. It's probably possible to do something similar to what they have now, with one of the ships being a 4 night and 3 night to someplace in Mexico and then the other ship dedicated to alternating 7 nights of Hawaii and Alaska. Does anyone know if there are island chains out in that area where Disney could build another Castaway Cay? I think that's an amazing part of their current cruises, having that private island.