PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach...

Pixie Power
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
We're going to Vero Beach for 4 nights next month and wonder if any Intercotees have ever been there.

If :yes:, any great info you could provide would be appreciated.

Are there any Character Meals offered or anything special like that?

TIA!:thumbsup:

disneycouple2004
07-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Vero is very nice, relaxing, lots of stuff for the kids to do, Character Meals are not offered at Vero, but the dining is excellent !..the water is warm even in December, and the resort is right on the beach, less than 100 yards from the ocean !..very good place to unwind and just watch the sunset ...:vacation:

Pixie Power
07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Did they used to offer Character Meals there b/c I did a Vero Beach Search last night and in someone's post I *swear* it said they did a Character Meal on a Saturday morning and Goofy & Mickey *maybe* were there in their beach gear.

Glad to hear it's a relaxing place w/ lots for the kids to do. Wish I could be there right now b/c my Mom is driving me bonkers at the moment, so I could use the relaxation. :lol:

Thanks again!:mickey:

disneycouple2004
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Maybe i should rephrase my answer..there were no charctr meals going on while we were there..maybe they have them now..guess you could call and see ..?

have fun !!

tinkerbell04
07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
We were at Vero last month for the first time and we LOVED it. We will surely be going back. There are lots of resort activites for kids and adults. There IS a character breakfast that is only available on Saturdays. Ithink it was 13.99 for adults and 9.99 for kids. Donald and Goofy are the only characters that were there. It is a pre-plated breakfast that contains a waffle, eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage. There was fresh fruit and bakery items delivered in a large basket to share. The beach was great, but it is pretty shelly. So, my advice would be to bring water shoes. The pool and slide was awesome. You will get an activity schedule when you check in and in thepackage should be an area map. I would suggest dining at Captain Harim's and/or Mr. Manatee's for an awesome dinner. Both are easy to find and are about 10-15 minutes from the resort. If you need more detailed directions, you can ask the front desk. There is free wireless internet in the lobby, restaurant and bar areas. Let me know if you have any more specific questions, I would be happy to answer them if I can.

Pixie Power
07-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks Danielle!:mickey: We're looking forward to going to VB! The girls are in the dark about the trip, so I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we arrive at each destination for our trip. Bummer that the CB is only on Saturdays b/c we won't be there on a Saturday. Oh well, we'll see the characters @ WDW, so that will be ok.

Did you ever go over to the Outlet Mall in VB? My friend sent me a link to it and we may try to check it out.

Thanks again!:mickey:

Pixie Power
07-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh & we have an Inn room w/ and Ocean View. Any info on those rooms?

tinkerbell04
07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
We rode over to the outlets one night, but just to let you know, things close EARLY there. We are used to shopping centers staying open until at least 10, well, they close at 8pm! So, we did selective shopping! They had a nice selection and it was about 20-25 minutes away. You will absolutely LOVE the room. The ocean view is breathtaking and th ebalcony is very nice. Our cousins had that room and we had a 2 bedroom, and we had a great view, but theirs was better! Make sure you sign your girls up for the unbirthday party. It is free and they keep the kids for an hour and play games, decorate their own cupcakes and bust a pinata. :mickey:

Pixie Power
07-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Oooooooh, an unbirthday party, how fun! Is it offered every day? They will surely love that!

& What about shopping @ the resort? Decent souvenirs? What about refillable mugs?

Thanks for all the info! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-21-2007, 09:47 AM
I am not sure if the party is every day or every other day, it will be listed on the activity schedule that you will get when you check in. The party is in the Community Hall and you sign up at the rental place by the pool. We signed up in the morning and then sent the kids in the afternoon, I think it goes from 2-3. The kids have to be at least 4 and potty trained. You can only participate in one party per visit to the resort. There is a good sized gift shop with souvineers, standard Disney stuff and then Vacation Club stuff and Vero Beach specific stuff too. They do have the refillable mugs, the refil station is by the pool and th emugs were the same Year of a Million Dreams ones that were at the other resorts. :mickey:

MaizeNBrew
07-21-2007, 12:57 PM
IF we decided to end our trip with a short stay at Vero Beach, does anybody know if

a.) If there is Disney Transportation from WDW to VB?

and

b.) Can we get Magical Express back from Vero Beach to the Airport?

tinkerbell04
07-21-2007, 05:30 PM
a.) If there is Disney Transportation from WDW to VB?

and

b.) Can we get Magical Express back from Vero Beach to the Airport?

No, unfortunately there is no Disney transportation to or from Vero Beach. It is about 2 hours away, 100 miles or so, and you will need to arrange for you transportation. We already had a rental car, so we drove ourselves. :mickey:

Pixie Power
07-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks so much for all the info Danielle! I truly appreciate it!:mickey:

:plane: 19 days & counting til we leave for WDW...:vacation:21 til we leave WDW for Vero Beach!!!

tinkerbell04
07-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Have a great time! I wish I was going too :mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks so much for all the info Danielle! I truly appreciate it!:mickey:

:plane: 19 days & counting til we leave for WDW...:vacation:21 til we leave WDW for Vero Beach!!!

Best of luck on your excursion to Vero Beach. I will be taking my family for a big graduation celebration in '08 so I look forward to hearing about your trip when you return and learning more. :mickey:

Pixie Power
07-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Best of luck on your excursion to Vero Beach. I will be taking my family for a big graduation celebration in '08 so I look forward to hearing about your trip when you return and learning more. :mickey:

Thanks!:mickey: I'll definitely post a trip report when we return home.:thumbsup: