PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Night Out

tony2979
07-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi all...Have a question for you.

Has anyone ever used the Kid's Night Out in room babysitting service? Likes and dislikes? Good staff?

We are thinking about having a mommy and daddy night out and was considering this as a option for our 11 and 7 year old.

What say you? :mickey:

wendy*darling
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
No, but we have used the kid's clubs at some of the resorts. My kids considered that one of the highlights of their vacation when they got to go to the Neverland Club (Poly) or the Sandcastle Club (Beach Club) for the evening.
Kids can participate there until they are 12, so your 2 are the perfect ages.

They have games & activities, dinner, places to rest. Sometimes they have a guest- perhaps a storyteller, someone with live animals to show, or even a Disney character.

In addition to the 2 clubs we have used, there are clubs at the Grand Floridian, AKL and WL. You do not have to be a guest of that resort to use the program. But you should make reservations early- they are very popular! Check out INTERCOT's Info Central for more info (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/childcare.asp).

So, even though I can't answer your question about Kids Night Out- know that Disney's own childcare programs are excellent. :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Hi all...Have a question for you.

Has anyone ever used the Kid's Night Out in room babysitting service? Likes and dislikes? Good staff?

We are thinking about having a mommy and daddy night out and was considering this as a option for our 11 and 7 year old.

What say you? :mickey:

:thumbsup: Yes, we have used them twice(two different trips) and they were great. No problems at all. They arrived on time, with a basket of toys and made us feel very comfortable about leaving our children with them. The sitter asked lots of questions about the kid's preferences, medical info, emergency contact numbers, etc.

We would use them again, no problem.

mook3y
07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
We used them last year and loved the woman that watched our children who were 2 and 4 at the time. We were nervous about it as we are pretty picky about who we let watch our children. We felt very comfortable with our sitter. She came with a bag full of age appropriate toys for our kids. We spoke with her for a little bit and she had 3 boys and did this part time to make a little extra $.

The next day, our kids raved about her, playing games and reading books.

Mickey'sGirl
07-20-2007, 08:43 AM
We used Kid's Nite Out in April. Our youngest isn't old enough to participate in the resort programs, so we were limited. I am very anxious about leaving my children with strangers -- but Sarah was wonderful. She asked questions about what they could and couldn't do and where they could and couldn't go or watch on TV etc. It was expensive, but well worth it for us. I would not hesitate to recommend them -- and are considering using them again in October. :thumbsup:

Lizzie
07-20-2007, 02:03 PM
I think were going to try this out on our next trip.