PDA

View Full Version : Vegitarian @ 'Ohanas Question

fig's disney
07-19-2007, 04:55 PM
We will have a vegitarian in our group and wanted to dine at 'Ohanas, is the selection veggie friendly or do they have a special option for those who prefer no meat

Jasper
07-19-2007, 05:07 PM
We have not done O'Hana in a long time so I can't say for sure what they have, but the info central tab here at Intercot has a lot of the menu information for many of the rest. You can also call ahead and ask about what they have.

LauraF
07-19-2007, 07:09 PM
No they did not have a vegetarian option when I last went. I didn't find it to be veggie-friendly at all either. I was surprised with reservations there by a thoughtless member of my party. (That was the last time I let anyone else pick the food without running it by me. :)) The poor CM there felt so bad for me that he brought me about three helpings of the stir-fried veggie appetizer.

But you could always call ahead to the chef and ask if they have an option for vegetarians these days. WDW is very willing to accommodate, especially with notice.

fig's disney
07-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks!!!!

RockChalkKimball
07-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Yes, meat is the centerpiece at O'hana, but I enjoyed the other things just as much. There is a salad and the wontons with dip for appetizers and then they serve potatoes and stir-fry with the meal. And, of course, the dessert has no meat in it, so you could eat two of them!!

Here we go again...
07-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, meat is the centerpiece at O'hana, but I enjoyed the other things just as much. There is a salad and the wontons with dip for appetizers and then they serve potatoes and stir-fry with the meal. And, of course, the dessert has no meat in it, so you could eat two of them!!

I am not a vegitarian so this may sound like a stupid question... Do you eat seafood? I have a friend that said he was vegitarian but ate shrimp.

Anyway, With the salad, stir fry veggies, potatoes and dessert you should be able to make a meal. If you do eat shrimp, they are wonderful there. Remember Kona is right next door. Your server will get you something from there is you request it... they got my DD some french fries once. :D

DessertDivaFL
07-20-2007, 09:43 AM
It may not be worth the price if you are a vegetarian. Just my thought.

MinniesMom
07-20-2007, 11:35 AM
When I went last year they DID have a Vegetarian option for the entree - it was sort of along the lines of a Vegetable Lo Mein. It wasn't my favorite dish but I did enjoy everything else (wontons, potatos, salad, desert) Plus my family who are not vegetarians loved their meal. If I would have called ahead they probably would have even arranged a veggie appetizer.

I didn't find one restaurant in Disney that didn't offer a vegetarian option if you asked or called ahead of time.

I wouldn't hesitate to go there again. Especially since my family enjoyed it so much. I never felt like it wasn't worth the money because I didn't eat the meat - after all I was given my own entree and I pretty much ate everything else!

Bruegge
07-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Since I've read here that kids have other options on food. My 3yo ordered mac and cheese.... It was good..

I'm sry but I can't remember if any of the other options were non-meat..

When my 3yo hears Mac and cheese it means .... Stress over...Lets eat.

Still a fun place, you wont starve.. It may (as posted) not be the most economical veggie dinner but it's entertaining.....

get a lapa lapu and chew on the rest of the pineapple...

Scott

emmingo
07-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I am a veggie, and when we did this restaurant and a few others, I had to call ahead and inform them of my "dietary restriction" (how embarrassing!), and they could prepare something for me by linking me up to my addend-ed ADR. It was kind of lame, though--I didn't get much choice.

Like a lot of people said, you won't starve, but if peeps in your party HAVE to have meat, Le Cellier is a better option (an assortment (limited) of veggie things, and nice pasta dishes). Ohana is a little pricey to be chewing on the appetizers!