PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass - Expedition Everest

Dedivah
07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
DH has yet to ride EE. Last year we had DD2 with us and one of us had to wait with her. So he is excited about riding this time, as we will not have any of the kids with us.

My question is:

We get into MCO at 2pm and with ME should get to the CSR hopefully by 3:30. We plan to go over to Animal Kingdom after check in so that hubby and get on the ride.

Will Fast Pass be done by then for the day?

BelleBeauty
07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I would bet that the FP will be gone for the day. I'm not sure of the crowd patterns because we usually don't stay very late in the day, but the parade is usually at 4pm and the crowds may die down at this point.

Regardless, the queue area is really great and even if you have to wait in line fo 60 minutes it is worth it!

fielin
07-19-2007, 03:34 PM
It really depends on the crowd the day you'll arrive. I came in march, and went to AK twice. On the first day, there were FP left at 4:00.

The second time, they were all gone by 2:00.

I hope someone who came back recently will come by and tell you how it was for them.

disneymom15
07-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I agree, fast passes will probably be gone for the day.

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Also remember for next time you are with the kids you can use the child switch pass so both of you can ride. The only ride I have had probelms with this is Soarin at Epcot.

Darbylew
07-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I think the FP will be gone by that time of day.
It is a very popular ride and everyone wants to
ride it. We always go over to EE as soon as we
get in AK and get a FS. Hope things work out
for you to ride. Have fun time! :mickey:

LilHooligan74
07-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Am I crazy to try and use the Morning EMH at AK and haul tush to EE or should I get a FP and come back later?

battlefield2freak
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
it may be gone for the day but i got to ride it the day before the press conference on it started last year and the regulr line was 2 hours long and the fast pass line was empty. we got fastpasses rde dinosaur and came back and walked straight on the ride. it really would depend on the day i guess. at 3:30 i would say they are out of them but then again they may still have a few

LoriMistress
07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
It's best to get FP's first thing in the morning, because--like Soarin', the FPs will go out quickly.

caryrae
07-19-2007, 07:36 PM
DH has yet to ride EE. Last year we had DD2 with us and one of us had to wait with her. So he is excited about riding this time, as we will not have any of the kids with us.

My question is:

We get into MCO at 2pm and with ME should get to the CSR hopefully by 3:30. We plan to go over to Animal Kingdom after check in so that hubby and get on the ride.

Just curious if you have an AP, because with AK closing at 7 pm if you do go on the Aug 5th the day you arrive, you may only have a couple hours after landing, getting to ME, getting to your resort, going through the check in process, then getting to AK. Won't that be a waste of a day on you park tickets? Unless you hop to a different park after you ride EE.

CuteAsMinnie
07-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I would truly be surprised of the day's FP for EE aren't all gone by 3:30 in the afternoon. Maybe it's best to save EE for another day....:thumbsup:

RocknRoller94
07-24-2007, 02:21 PM
If there are big crowds, you can bet that they will be gone. Still, it never hurts to look.:mickey:

Tygger7
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Am I crazy to try and use the Morning EMH at AK and haul tush to EE or should I get a FP and come back later?

Not crazy at all. We did this last year and were able to ride EE 4 times in an hour. It was great...we got a FP, but the standby line was only 5 mins. So we basically walked on and rode. When we got off, standby was still only 10 mins, so we rode again. By the time we got off the 2nd time, we used FP's. Got off again, and standby was still only 15 mins, so we rode again.

I agree that the FP's will more than likely be gone, but check just in case. As others have said, the wait isn't bad because there's so much to see while you're in line. Has to be one of my favorite waiting areas.:number1:

jans2kids
07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Last year we went to AK when it closed a 8pm, we got in line at 7:30 was able to ride it get off and ride again beofre closing time. As long as your in line before closing time they will let you ride, don't be scared off by the posted wait time as they keep it high the last hour to scare off people. I have done this at Epcot with Test Track, at 8:50 the posted wait itme was 60 minutes, and I was able to walk up to the preview area. No wait.

CleveRocks
07-25-2007, 05:37 PM

My question is:

I agree with what caryrae said ... if you don't have park hopper tickets then don't bother.

AK closes at 7:00 p.m.on August 5, 2007. I agree that if your 2:00 p.m. flight is on-time that you can expect to be at CSR by 3:30 p.m. I assume you'll need to check-in first because your tickets are part of a package. If you do NOT need to check-in to get your tickets, then go for it! Drop your carry-on bags with Bell Services and high-tail it to an AK bus.

If you do need to check-in, it's a busy time of day to do so. Waiting in line and checking-in could easily take 30 minutes. By then it'll be 4:00 p.m. If you DON'T go to your room and you drop your carry-ons with Bell Services, and go right to the bus stop ... let's just say that you just missed the AK bus and have to wait 20 minutes. WIth the 5 minute bus ride, it's now 4:25 p.m. From the bus to EE will take you 15 minutes including any delay at bag check and/or the turnstiles. So you're at EE at 4:40 p.m.

4:40 p.m. ... consider yourself extremely lucky if there are still any FASTPASSes left at that time. Since we're talking a summer weekend day, the park should be pretty crowded. Nah, no FPs left. And quite likely a stand-by wait of one hour or more.

I'm not trying to be negative ... but it's not looking too pretty. If you won'tbe hopping to another park after that, I just can't see it worthwhile to burn a park day for that. JMHO.

Enjoy!

Dracula766
07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
three simple words...
single rider line

I wish more of the big rides had these:D

DisneyDudet
07-25-2007, 10:10 PM
My question is, how many days do you have planned for AK? If you want to do AK that day and also have it scheduled for another day, you can go and experience the other rides and attractions. It wouldn't hurt to try. Heck.. it wouldn't hurt to try the standby line. ALWAYS ask a CM if the posted time is the most accurate time. Often, you will get there and the time says 60 min, when in fact you will be in line 20 and be done in 30, then come out.. look at the wait time.. and it says 20 min.

We did single rider lines during the AP preview weekend. At that time, you had to ask a CM for a single rider voucher and just get in line. We did this three times and bypassed the 3 hour wait. That is definitely an option.

I would say try, especially if you aren't going to AK another day. If you have another day (morning) planned, I say get extra hours in at an evening EMH or a park open later.

Wells
07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I agree with many of the posters here that if you are riding EE for the first time, you should go through the regular queue. Disney has done a good job of theming this attraction, which has mostly to do with the back story presented in the queue. Everyone should do this at least once. If you just want to ride coasters, save money and go to Six Flags (or wherever).

princessjojo
07-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I agree with many of the posters here that if you are riding EE for the first time, you should go through the regular queue. Disney has done a good job of theming this attraction, which has mostly to do with the back story presented in the queue. Everyone should do this at least once.
I cannot agree more. EE is probably the only que that I would wait an 60 min or more for only because I love looking and reading about all of the history they give. It is an excellent que, not to be missed.