PDA

View Full Version : Bambi Rises Up In Revolt ???

TheRustyScupper
07-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Orlando WKMG , 7/19/07:

A cyclist was transported to a hospital with minor injuries early Thursday morning after colliding with a deer in a secluded area of Walt Disney World property, according to officials.

Jeffrey Norberry, 56, of Windermere, was taken to Celebration Hospital after the incident happened at about 2:50 a.m. on Floridian Way near Cast Drive, officials said.

According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, Norberry was traveling eastbound on Floridian Way, and a deer was running westbound when they collided head-on. Norberry flipped over the bicycle's handlebars and the deer after the impact, the report said.

The deer fled the area. It is not known if the deer was seriously injured.

SallyP
07-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Poor deer!
Bicycling at 3 in the morning, I guess you take those chances. I do hope both injured bodies are okay.
I've seen a wolf on Disney property - toward Celebration. I'd hate to run into a rabid one of those while cycling. Animals usually try to avoid people during the day but at night it's a different story!

JPL
07-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Wow. Probably one of the styrangest stories i have heard. I can't even imagine cycling at 3AM at WDW.

ghost999
07-19-2007, 02:42 PM
hopefully the deer was ok. and the cyclist, i guess. just kidding. but seriously, 3am who would do that.:mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Ok, I'm a total night owl but I still wouldn't be riding my bike at 3am.:confused: Either way, I hope they are both ok.

KylesMom
07-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I had to laugh and can see how this would happen. We saw an incredible amount of deer wandering the property early in the morning and a few times around dusk.

Rusty, do they put some type of feed near the entrance to WL (near the geese topiaries) to bring them out, or are they simply attracted to whatever is planted there?! Does Disney want us to really feel like we're in the Wilderness?!:D

Dracula766
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
hopefully the deer was ok. and the cyclist, i guess. just kidding. but seriously, 3am who would do that.:mickey:

:wave: Me

I usually do my bike riding around 3am :bike:

It get's really hot here during the day so it's nice to ride at night and get a cool breeze. Also, the traffic is light so I'm pretty sure I won't get hit by a car.

I'm not even going to mention all of the ..."interesting" ... things that I've witnessed.

The fun part is when I ride where there are no street lights and there is only moonlight. It adds an element of danger when you get under trees and can't see any potential obstacles on the ground.

Fun times :cool:

sillyolbear
07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I've seen deer and wild turkeys many times around WDW.

Great place to be if you are either one as other than automobiles, and apparently middle of the night cyclists, a pretty safe environment for wildlife.