PDA

View Full Version : Last minute tips?

handmaidenofprincesses
07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Only 2 days!!! :woohoo:

So, any last minutes tips? Anything at all, from packing to actually being in Disney, to airports would be helpful.... This is my first trip without my parents and my friend coming with me has never been on any sort of trip, so.... yea... your help is greatly appreciated :mickey:

faline
07-19-2007, 11:57 AM
For the airport, make sure you:
1. Each have a photo ID
2. Have not packed any forbidden items in your carry-on luggage
3. Wear shoes you can easily slip off to get through security

General:
1. Have all your paperwork regarding reservations, flights, dining etc.
2. If you've already purchased your tickets, make sure you pack them.

c&d
07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Relax and enjoy your time at Disney.

I don't know how many times you've been or how long you're staying, but make sure you spend time showing your friend the non-ride parts. Rent some water mice and cruise around the lagoon. Go for a hayride at Fort Wilderness. Spend time exploring the resorts. Take advantage of EMH. It's going to be hot so you may want to spend some time at the water parks.

I'm assuming your taking ME so you won't have to worry about getting to and from the airport. They've always gotten us to the airport in plenty of time.

Have a wonderful time.

brad192
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Since it's your freind's first trip, I'd suggest MK be the first park. That first view from Town Square down Main Street to the Castle is something he/she will remember forever.:cloud9: Heck, it's been 35 years since my first look, and I still have very vivid memories of that exact moment.:mickey:

Tick-Tock
07-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Be pretty self-reliant for the plane trip (think, what am I going to want to have if this plane sits on the tarmac for a few hours?). Bring snacks and either bring an empty water bottle to fill once you're past security or plan to buy water before you get on the plane.

snifflesmcg
07-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't forget to bring enough film/SD card and batteries. They cost a small fortune at WDW if you happen to forget. Also, I'd bring some of those Kool-aid or Crystal Light packets that you can dump in your water. With the cost of soda and water in the parks, you'll save yourself a bundle.

LizLovesDiz
07-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Don't forget that they check your bags that you bring into the parks, so have it open and ready to be looked in.It will save you a little time.Also bring a pair of flip flops or crocs when walking around for a lond day at the parks,your feet will appreciate it. :mickey:
Oh yeah HAVE A BLAST !!! :cloud9:

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Write a list of key things so when your packing you can check it off. Don't forget cell phone or camera charges. And you will want sun block. We always bring some snacks to have back at the hotel room and on the plane.

steamboat willy
07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
:mickey: You didn't say if you are staying at a Disney Resort, so I am assuming so. If not, that would have been my first tip.
Use the tips of the previous post concerning suggestion at Airport and enjoy you flight.:thumbsup:

After you arrive and get settled into your room, go explore your resort. Food Court, Bus Stop for the Parks, Pool, etc... :vacation:

First evening, if your not going into a Park, catch the MK Bus :bus: and get off at the MK. DON'T go into the Park, instead catch the HOTEL Monorail. Ask to ride up front.....Please..Please..Please..Please Take a complete Circle around and through each Resort and don't get off until your second trip into the Contemporary Resort or Polynesian or Grand Floridian or all three depending on how much time you have to spend.

If you have ANY questions, ask your bus driver, your monorail pilot or your boat captain...They all know the answer and will help you more than me.

You could also catch the DOWNTOWN DISNEY Bus and go explore Downtown Disney, grab a fruity drink and appetizer at the Rain Forest Cafe' while setting on a stool with bird feet as legs. (You'll see what I mean) Way cool place with lots going on around you.

Make sure the MAGIC KINGDOM is your FIRST park and stop when you enter Main Street USA and listen the Main Street Railroad anouncements, watch the balloon venders :balloon: and STOP and look at the amazing Cinderalla's Castle both entering for the first time and leaving on your last MK night! It will last you a life time. I KNOW MINE HAS!

Let us hear back when you return on what you did, what you enjoyed the most and when your going back!

Most of all, HAVE A GREAT TRIP doing what you want! :minnie::mickey3::goofy:

BigRedDad
07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Don't forget to leave your stress and worries at home. You are going to the Happiest Place on Earth, so enjoy it!!! :mickey:

fairymulan441
07-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I am said friend she's going with I finally broke down and joined. Thanks for all the advice from us both:mickey:

BronxTigger
07-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

You are going to have a great time!

-I don't know how long your trip is, but if you are starting to get on each other's nerves, don't hesitate to split up for a few hours one day, just make sure you know when and where to meet back up!

-Don't try to do everything. It won't happen, and you will just stress yourselves out.

-Have a plan, but don't force yourselves to stick to it if you see something else you'd rather do at the time.

-ENJOY!