PDA

View Full Version : Why does it say that?

January-2007
07-19-2007, 10:27 AM
On the official Walt Disney World website, where I was browsing around looking at the resorts and such, I happened to come across the Narcoossee's page since we are planning a trip there in September. The following was stated on the page and I find it a little out of place:

A cancellation policy applies and may result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking.
There is no credit card hold on this restaurant, so why would this be present on the page? I think I noticed it on other pages as well. Are the people in charge of the website confused, am I confused, is it just a way to scare people into cancelling with a lot of notice?

Just curious on your thoughts.

JPL
07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I have herad that Disney is trying to make conscious effort to stop people from maiing multiple ADRs for the same time at different restaurants since the supply of restaurants for TS is barely meeting the demand of the DDP. I wouldn't be surprised if this became policy in the future for all TS restaurants considering the popularity of the plan.

BrerSchultzy
07-19-2007, 11:55 AM
But, until they actually put some teeth into this policy, there's no way to actually enforce it...if there is no credit card hold, then there is no way to charge last second cancellations. It's kind of like the "Disney Transportation is for Resort Guests Only" rule.

Personally, I hope they DON'T institute a credit card hold, but DO start tracking those on the DDP, so they can't make more than one reservation per meal.

SBETigg
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
There may be a card hold. I'm trying to remember. I made my ADRs in February for August, and we're going to California Grill and Narcoossee's on that trip. They required a card hold for at least one of them(I think CA Grill), but it may have been both. I don't recall.

vamaggie
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Personally, I hope they DON'T institute a credit card hold, but DO start tracking those on the DDP, so they can't make more than one reservation per meal.

It is not only those on DDP who may make multiple ressies so why would you want them to track those on the DDP? Shouldn't they track all who make ADRs? My understanding is that the Disney ADR system will dump out multiple ADRs for the same "meal period" at certain intervals so folks who make multiple ADRs will get one dumped. This would apply to those on the DDP as well as those who eat TS who are not DDP. It seems that those who do not use the DDP are really against those who do and I really don't understand the animosity.

January-2007
07-19-2007, 03:38 PM
There may be a card hold. I'm trying to remember. I made my ADRs in February for August, and we're going to California Grill and Narcoossee's on that trip. They required a card hold for at least one of them(I think CA Grill), but it may have been both. I don't recall.

California Grill is the one that requires a credit card hold. We made reservations for Narcoossee's and they didn't ask for a credit card to hold it. The only ADR we made that has a credit card hold is the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. I just think it's weird that it says that on the website but it's not actually true.

Also about Narcoossee's... (from the official Walt Disney World website):

Dress Attire is Business Casual
Men: Dress slacks, jeans, trousers, or dress shorts, t-shirt, short or long-sleeved shirt with a collar required. Jackets are optional.

Ladies: Jeans, skirts, or dress shorts with blouse, t-shirt or sweater, or a dress required.

Not permitted in dining room: tank tops, swimming suits or swim suit cover ups, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing of any kind. While t-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics are not acceptable.

You can wear t-shirts!!!

Pirate Granny
07-19-2007, 09:42 PM
We had Christmas Dinner there in 2005 and they did take our credit card to hold the reservations and were firm that we would be charged $25 per person if we did not show up. I had them ask me for my card number last year for California Grill on Christmas Day for dinner there also...i think it's there so in case of holidays or extremely busy times they can and most likely will charge the card.
:pirate:

January-2007
07-20-2007, 03:59 PM
We had Christmas Dinner there in 2005 and they did take our credit card to hold the reservations and were firm that we would be charged $25 per person if we did not show up. I had them ask me for my card number last year for California Grill on Christmas Day for dinner there also...i think it's there so in case of holidays or extremely busy times they can and most likely will charge the card.
:pirate:

Oh that's really interesting I've never heard of that. It makes a lot more sense now then! I can see them posting that on the website if they do it sometimes I just couldn't see why it was there if they do it never so thanks for the information. :thumbsup: