PDA

View Full Version : Best Dec Discount

lovenmickey
07-19-2007, 08:00 AM
What is the best Dec discount you have received? I am waiting for the Dec specials to come out, any ideas on the average date that they come out and what the average discount is?? Thanks!

Strmchsr
07-19-2007, 08:10 AM
I can't tell you an exact amount of the discount, but if one is released (and remember that no discount is guaranteed for any time period) it'll be mid-September more than likely. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp) to go to Info Central and see the historic discounts and when they were released.

Beast_fanatic
07-19-2007, 08:59 PM
You can look back in the Accommodations forum to find out more details of offers that were released for last year. Look on the date that the offer was released according to the historic discounts link from above.

IloveDisney71
07-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't know about Dec. discounts. But I check several sites daily to see if any discounts have been released yet. I'm also a Disney Visa card owner, so sometimes I find out about things before the general public. I have already made my Dec. reservations but you can always call and Disney will honor their discount with your current reservation. I have done this on 2 prior trips. This way I already have my resort and restaurant ADR's.

LoriMistress
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
They will release the December discount around middle of August to middle of September. It's not that much of a discount...and it's only for the value and moderate resorts.

DessertDivaFL
07-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp) to go to Info Central and see the historic discounts and when they were released.

I always appreciate the thoroughness of Intercot. Thank you for posting this link. As a newer member, I am constantly amazed with the depth of information. I am also waiting for Florida resident specials for after Thanksgiving.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
07-20-2007, 09:13 AM
For 2006 all it says is a Public Package Discount. What exactly was that? An upgrade from 1 day park tickets to park hopper tickets, dining plan, or just so much money off? It was great to see that there will more than likely be a discount when I will be going but not much help in knowing what that discount will be. Does anyone remember what it was last year? Thanks for your help. My family is so excited!!!

Strmchsr
07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't know about Dec. discounts. But I check several sites daily to see if any discounts have been released yet.

This is a great thing about using Magical Journeys to book your trip - they automatically apply any new discounts to your reservation, often before you even know they're out. Saves a lot of checking and wondering. With MJ you know you'll get the discount the second it's released.

DisneyDudet
07-20-2007, 06:07 PM
In December 2003, we paid $109/night for a standard view at AKL, but were upgraded to a pool view. In December 2005, we paid $129/night (I think..either that or pretty close) for a standard room at AKL.

All this was w/ the AP rate.

wdw_bound
07-20-2007, 06:28 PM
It's not that much of a discount...and it's only for the value and moderate resorts.

Perhaps that was all that was available for your December trip, but for our Nov. 05 trip (and the same discount was offered through mid-December that year), we were able to save over $600 on our week-long stay at POR. We could have upgraded to AKL or WL for a significantly discounted rate as well, but opted to stay at POR and save even more $$$

I can't remember when the discount was announced, though. Maybe September?