PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club vs. Boardwalk

jakeybake
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi,

We are booked at the Beach Club for the last week of August. When booking our trip we were going back and forth about whether we wanted to stay at the Beach Club or Boardwalk. We decided on the Beach Club because of Stormalong Bay (figure we will have lots of use for the pool in late August) the proximity to Epcot (a bit closer than the Boardwalk) and the fact that there is a food court area (albeit small) and easy access to Cape May Cafe and the Yacht Club restaraunts.

We were reading reviews of the Beach Club on another site (shame on us for cheating on Intercot, I know!) and lots of people said that they were very disapointed with the attitude of the staff and they also mentioned the lack of adequate housekeeping as well.

I am starting to question whether I made the right decision and if we should see if we are able to now switch to the Boardwalk.

I was hoping my friends here at Intercot who have stayed at both or either resort, could give me some insight and opinions to help me make my decision.

Sorry so long but wanted to lay it all out!

Thanks!
Jay

pox24
07-19-2007, 07:53 AM
You have best of both worlds. You can walk to either resort no matter where you stay. You also can walk to Epcot and MGM. I think these two hotels and the Yacht Club are the best Trifecta WDW has. There is so much so close. Have a great time.

Jeff
07-19-2007, 07:56 AM
We have stayed at both and like them both a lot. Rest easy, the BC is a great resort.

playdead88
07-19-2007, 08:02 AM
thats tough - we have stayed at both - you can't go wrong either way - if i had to choose i suppose the beach club only because they have stormalong bay - the staff at each hotel is wonderful - have a great vacation!!

MarkC
07-19-2007, 10:11 AM
We've stayed there 3 times and have never had any issues whatsoever with the staff or housekeeping. Face it-- it's the same organization so there shouldn't be any difference. You're not comparing Marriott and Days Inn. While every place will an occasional problem, Beach Club will have no more than any other place. We absolutely love the place and never want to stay anywhere else. We've stayed at several, as you can tell by my signature line. We love it so much we just bought a timeshare so we can always stay there. Don't worry-- you'll love it. And if you have kids, you will have to order them out of the pool so you can spend some time at the parks. Enjoy. Mark

ThanxForNoticin
07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
We have stayed many times at BC and will never hesitate to stay there in the future. The service is usually outstanding. I would not change your plans based on the documented complaints of a few people. I'd be willing to bet that a very large majority of folks staying at either the BC or BW had very good experiences with the cast members and the resorts. Enjoy your stay.

Maleficent's Dad
07-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Here is a similar thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110124)about DVC accomodations.

Both resorts are GREAT! :mickey:

RALPH
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
You should not have a problem. As you can see from my signature we love the BC. We have never had a service issue. My DW's only comment is the resort does seem a little "worn" in spots and could use a refurbishing in the guest areas, but otherwise it is really nice. You notice things like this when you stay at one resort for a period of years.Having never stayed at the BW I cannot comment on it, but I would imagine it is the same.

Our only dissapointment is the early closing of Storm-a-long bay at 8PM. :mad: We love to do night swims, and find it irritating that the main resort pool and a reason for staying there closes so early at the end of August. We understand why, but it still bugs us for what the room costs.:mad:

But I think that is resort wide.

Florida Dreamer
07-19-2007, 10:53 PM
You will love the BC! Stormalong Bay makes it worth it for us and we love that you can easily walk to other resorts and Epcot. Have a great time!