PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace Breakfast And Still Getting To The Rides When The Park Opens

BritCody
07-19-2007, 07:11 AM
We started making preliminary plans for our Trip to WDW and my kids always want to go to a Characer Breakfast in the parks. Now when we go we will do other Character Meals at the resorts, but they are insisting on trying Crystal Palace for Breakfast. I would try and get our ADR's for 8:00, but my concern is we will not get out of the restuarant prior to 9:00 park open.
First is getting in and out by the time the park opens without being rushed feasible? And if you do finish up before 9:00 do they let you out a few minutes early or do you wait until 9:00 like the rest of the folks?
Can you please tell me about your experiences to put my mind at rest!!!

CanadianWDWFan
07-19-2007, 07:54 AM
We were able to do just what you are thinking about. We were seated very quickly. Pooh and everyone were waiting to meet us all. WE had met everyone and eaten and out the door by 8:45. At no time did we feel that we were rushing. We then got to the rope under the castle and waited for 9:00. About 5 minutes before 9:oo the crowds could be seen coming up Main Street. But the rope dropped before they go to us and my boys were able to go in and wake up Tinkerbell.

The one thing that I like the most about early entry into the closed park is walking up a deserted Main Street. We were the only folks on it, it was surreal.

I hope you have a great time!

JPL
07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I think 45 minutes to eat and get autographs and pictures with the characters should be plenty of time. And you actually have anohter 15minutes as a cushion in case you go a little over. :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
07-19-2007, 10:56 AM
We have done this many times. Get the earliest seating (8:00 or 8:05) and you will have plenty of time to eat a good and leisurely breakfast, see all of the characters and still be out in time to be among the first on the rides.
It's a great way to start the day. :thumbsup:

BritCody
07-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the Advice. We will shoot for an 8:00 to 8:05 ADR then!!!!

Wrigley
07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
I LOVE the Crystal Palace. It is one of my favorite places for breakfast. I would shoot for the earliest reservation (8:00) and you should have plenty of time to eat, see the characters, and be out in the park by the time it opens. We never feel rushed and are always finished before the park opens. We just go out and roam around or go to the area we want to start the rides in!

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I have an 8:10 ADR so we should be done right as the park is opening. I am so excited to do this. We wanted to do this on our last trip but never seemed to fit it in.

LoriMistress
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM
We started making preliminary plans for our Trip to WDW and my kids always want to go to a Characer Breakfast in the parks. Now when we go we will do other Character Meals at the resorts, but they are insisting on trying Crystal Palace for Breakfast. I would try and get our ADR's for 8:00, but my concern is we will not get out of the restuarant prior to 9:00 park open.
First is getting in and out by the time the park opens without being rushed feasible? And if you do finish up before 9:00 do they let you out a few minutes early or do you wait until 9:00 like the rest of the folks?
Can you please tell me about your experiences to put my mind at rest!!!
First of all, has your 180 day mark has passed to make your ADRs? When are you planning to go to WDW? I would call at exactly 180 days (if you're staying on property than you get 180+10 days in advance.) Call 407-WDW-DINE at exactly 7am (Florida time). You can get the ADR. Even if you get a late ADR (example: 8:50am), arrive at MK by 7:30am because most people who make ADRs will arrive late anyhow and they will sit you. DH and I have ate at Crystal Palace around 8am and we always made it out on time and got on the rides without any issues. This time we'll be eating at Crystal Palace again and this time we have ADRs for 8:05am.

IloveDisney71
07-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Definitely, make plans to get there as early as possible. The lines at CP can build up pretty. You and your kids will love it! It is one of our favorite places for b-fast at the World.

mickey-mouse35
07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree to make ADRs on your 180 day mark. I called about a month into that time and earliest for CP was 8:25, which we have. Have fun! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Great question BritCody!:number1:
I was curious about this myself. I really want to get some photos of Main Street and Cinderella Castle with as few people as possible.:D

snifflesmcg
07-19-2007, 10:10 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I just wish I was a morning person and a breakfast person or I would do the same thing. :(

CanadianWDWFan
07-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Great question BritCody!:number1:
I was curious about this myself. I really want to get some photos of Main Street and Cinderella Castle with as few people as possible.:D
We were the first through the gates and first up Main Street. It was so cool walking up Main Street with no one around you. If you can do it, I would give it a try.:thumbsup: