PDA

View Full Version : Almost...

wizardmickey
07-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Ok, some of ya know that my wifey travels the world training for a variety of corporations. One of the clients she is mainly attached to is Oceaneering, who recently bought out Multiflex, a company that supplied Oceaneering with parts for some of their robotics & such. Multiflex has 3 main plants; Scotland, Brazil & (drumroll) Panama City FLorida!!!!!
So, when training issues came up, her hand shot up as she screamed "Send Me! Send Me!" We kept our fingers crossed for some time awaiting her assignment, only to find out that;
The guy she has been mentoring just isn't glomming onto the curriculum yet, so she will still need to handle the Houston/Morgan CIty & Scotland classes until he is up to speed and ready to facilitate solo.
The person who mentored her will, at this time, be detailed to the Florida clients.
Our hope is that it will be a repeat class/contract like so many of their other repeat contracts, which then might mean that down the road she is still #1 consideration for the Panama City classes (which means I could either travel there with her or meet her there as I have done so many times, then it would just be a short hop down to You-Know-Where!!!)

terri.m
07-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Sending Florida vibes your way!!

JPL
07-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Very cool :cool:

varcity
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
thanks for making me oh so jealous.

not even an offer to have me meet you guys.. Sigh.

But hey, woot for being close to being close to WDW :)

WED1901
07-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Ahh..Panama City Beach..Summer of 1992 the college years. I met this beautiful girl on the beach. Ask her if she wanted to play Volleyball. Now 15 years later happily married to her with 2 DC.. :cloud9:

Hope you guys can go! :mickey:

TinkRocks
07-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Woot Woot! Looking forward to a new concept here in Florida - Ice!!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Lots of pixie for you Ice! :pixie: :) Yay Florida!

WDWfanatic742
07-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Best beaches down here :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
07-19-2007, 09:36 PM
... and the way things change in her company we just never know if or when plans will be changed!
As an example; I was supposed to be taking her to the airport (again) tomorrow so she could work in Scotland (again), but since she has mentored 2 other facilitators succesfully who also live there, her trip got cancled. So she works from home (again) for another week (having her home could be expensive!)
This just goes to show how often plans within the company get changed, and there's always that possiblity that the guy who's supposed to do Florida now may be needed elsewhere, then they only have one person available right now! :thumbsup: