PDA

View Full Version : vouchers??

jrkcr
07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
It seems to me that the DL dining vouchers are a hassle, not as easy as the WDW dining plan. But I may be confused about how they work. I have read and re-read the dining plan info, but it still doesn't make sense. Do we each get one character breakfast and one character lunch? For a family of 5, would we each have to use a voucher for each meal, or do we combine all the vouchers and use them like we would cash? For instance, if the 4 "adults" each had a 12 dollar meal, would we each use a 15 dollar voucher(and lose 3 dollars each)...or could we combine out total meal price(48) and use four of the 10 dollar vouchers? (only losing 2 dollars)
I hope someone understands my question...sorry if this sounds nutsy!
Also, any opinions on whether the DL dining plan is worth the money?

Melanie
07-19-2007, 08:42 AM
I have no experience with the dining plan. But I've always heard that no, it's not really worth it at Disneyland, and yes, you do lose the money if you don't spend however much the voucher is worth.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with more details than I can give.

Jacky B
07-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I have used the dining vouchers. It is nothing like WDW's dining plan. Depending on which plan you get, you would get vouchers for char. meals. These include tax and tip. So with a family of five, each person would use the voucher for either the breakfast, lunch, or dinner char. meal you are attending. As for the dollar vouchers, you use them like you use cash. We have pooled the amounts from the book but remember you do not get cash back. This is what we did. There were 3 adults and 1 child. I would see what amount the kids meal was and take the voucher out of that book first, then I would take the remainder from the adult books. So if you are having lunch at Blue Bayou and lunch total is 95.00, you would give the 95.00 in vouchers. But if the amount is 97.50, give 95.00 in vouchers and 2.50 in cash. I hope this helps.

Jacky B
07-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I forgot to mention, that some of the vouchers are snack vouchers. I have found that most of the restaurents will take them for payment of meals, so you don't have to always use them for snacks.

jrkcr
07-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for helping to clear things up. The disney site doesn't explain it much. But I got the idea now.

One more question:
Can you buy the dining plan without staying on property? If we get a good neighbor hotel, do we miss out on the dining plan?

Jacky B
07-20-2007, 05:30 PM
You were not able to in the past, but we are going this December and the found out that you can purchase them without staying in a DL hotel. Call Disney Travel at 800-854-3104.

Jacky B
07-20-2007, 05:40 PM
If you have any more questions, just PM me. Glad to help out.