PDA

View Full Version : Best place to see princesses?

blessthishome
07-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi,
We are taking our first trip to WDW Thanksgiving week and I wanted to know the best place to see the princesses? Are they all walking around the park or would it be better to eat at a place (we are only eating lunch at the parks)that has the princesses. I would like my daughter's pictures made with them...where is the best place to do that?

Thanks!

LoriMistress
07-18-2007, 09:44 PM
f you don't want to deal with too much of the hassle of waiting in line to see all the characters that will take an average about two hours. Or you can make an reservations at CRT. They are the most expensive character meals but worth it. They have all the princesses and at times the Fairy Godmother. Prince Charming also makes an appearance. You can make an ADR for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You should know if you want to see the most characters choose to go to the breakfast because the lunch and dinners they show little of the princesses.

I would try calling 407-WDW-DINE to make your ADRs. You HAVE to have an appointment, because this restaurant books up quickly, and since you're going during Thanksgiving week the restaurant will be most likely booked. If you cannot get a reservation than I would suggest calling exactly 45 days before your departure because there will be many people who will call Disney to change/cancel their ADRs.

scootch713
07-18-2007, 09:48 PM
The Princess breakfast or lunch in Epcot is great... great interaction and the breakfast is delicious(have never tried lunch). It is much easier to get a reservation to than CRT at MK and my girls actually prefer it over MK. You can also see them in toontown.. but they are hit and miss(only 2 or three there at a time). If you can go in the evening, the lines are much shorter then as younger kids have gone in for the night.

Lily
07-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Princess Storybook dining in Norway, Epcot (Akershus) is awesome for princesses. You can see them at any meal, I believe.

kakn7294
07-19-2007, 01:42 AM
For character dining with the Princesses:
1 - Princess Storybook Dining in Akershus in Epcot has Princess dining all day long - the Princesses vary.
2 - CRT has Princesses at breakfast and lunch. Cinderella appears at dinner as well.
3 - Cinderella can be seen at 1900 PF for dinner only.

To just see the Princesses without a meal involved:
1 - Ariel can be seen in her grotto in Fantasyland.
2 - There is a Princess room in Toontown where usually 2 - 3 Princesses appear together.
3 - Jasmine can usually be seen near the Magic Carpet ride in Adventureland as well as in Morocco - sometimes out front and sometimes inside the marketplace.
4 - Belle and Aurora can sometimes be seen near France.
5 - Mulan can be found in China - you have to go inside where the movie is but you can see Mulan and exit if you don't wish to see the movie.
6 - Snow White can sometimes be seen near Germany.

I may have forgotten a few locations, but this is where we've seen them in the past 3 years.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Snow White can also be found near the Sorcerer's Hat at MGM. I have seen Ariel in the Storybook Room as well, but very rarely.

For the Storybook room, I've found that later at night is usually best, right before night shows like Spectro or Wishes because most people are in the streets to watch. I got through the princess line in less than 20 minutes.

Also, sometimes the signs might be incorrect. I went and there was only supposed to be Belle and Cinderella, but I got an added Bonus of Aurora.

joanna71985
07-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Ariel is only in Toontown if the Grotto needs work. I love CRT, and prefer it to Norway. I ate at CRT on Thursday, and the characters were:
Cinderella (lobby)
Fairy Godmother
Jasmine
Belle
Snow White

And when I ate at Norway, they were:
Snow White (lobby)
Jasmine
Mary Poppins
Mulan
Pocahontas

PeterPanFan
07-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Princess Storybook Dining in Akershus is our favorite place to see princesses. Cinderalla might not be there but we usually see

Belle (Our Favorite)
Snow White
Mulan
Aurora
Jasmin

ImagiAsh
07-23-2007, 11:37 AM
There are quite a bunch of very good recommendations from the members above, but I would also like to point out this: a good place to *see* princesses without actually meeting them would be the Fantasmic! show in MGM. Princesses such as Ariel, Belle, and Snow White all make appearances and it's a great photo opportunity if you manage to snatch good seats. I understand you would like to meet them, but I thought I would throw this recommendation to you as well. :mickey: Oh, the daytime parades at the Magic Kingdom are a good place to spot them too!

kim1st
08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
For non-meal encounters, check the park schedules.

We ate dinner at Akershus, which is a great place to hit multiple princesses in one shot. The food is OK but not fantastic. Our crew was Ariel, Jasmine, Aurora, Cinderella and Belle. I think they might even have a larger group at breakfast or lunch.

We also had dinner at CRT & dinner at 1900 Park Fare - these were both "Cinderella" dinners, but at Park Fare it was nice that Prince Charming was there, too.

We literally had three dinners with Cinderella - I think I'll try to plan that a little better next time :mickey: