PDA

View Full Version : PRE-Plated 1900 Park at GFC? [Merged Threads]

snifflesmcg
07-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Since 1900 Park Fare is officially closed for refirbishment, they have relocated the "Cinderella's Gala Feast" to the Grand Floridan Cafe. They have (from what I have heard) turned it from a buffet meal to a pre-plated meal. My question is, has anyone been there yet and what was the meal and how much did it cost. I have a 5:00 ADR in September and I'm not so sure of it.

Nicki'sMom
07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Has anyon eaten at the pre-plated 1900 Park Fare character meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe? I am very curious as to how it will be. I loved the buffet and I hope the will make the pre-plated meal just as wonderful. Any reviews will be helpful, thanks.

Sunshine1010
07-19-2007, 01:10 AM
pre-plated meal?

snifflesmcg
07-19-2007, 02:52 AM
I asked this very same question the other day. I'm interested to know what I'll be having for dinner when I go.

SBETigg
07-19-2007, 04:57 AM
pre-plated meal?

While GF Cafe is serving as a temporary location for the 1900 Park Fare character meal, which was a buffet, they are hosting the characters at GF Cafe but serving a plated meal instead of the buffet.

The Grand Floridian Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW and I'm really sorry to lose it to 1900 Park Fare on our August trip, but I'm sure they'll do a wonderful job to make up for loss of buffet during 1900 Park Fare's downtime. The characters will still be there for families, and that's the main thing.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-19-2007, 08:57 AM
We ate there on Saturday night (the 14th). Other than some kinks that they were still working out (since it was less than a week old) everything was awesome. The food was amazing and the desserts were wonderful. Best of all, since the restaraunt is kind of small, the character interaction was awesome! My only complaint was that we waited about 40 mins. past our reservation time for our table. We had a large party (9) and the oh-so-considerate people sitting at "our table" sat there for about 20 minutes after paying without getting up.
Enjoy!
Jen

moe513
07-19-2007, 09:02 AM
What was the food? Thanks

Sunshine1010
07-19-2007, 09:58 AM
So are the restaurants going back to normal?...and when?

Minnie & Me
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
PrincessEmmasMommy,

Thanks for the feedback! This is the first post I have read about the new dinner anywhere. Could you please describe some more of the kinks you encountered beside the wait. What did your party of 9 order. Were you allowed to have seconds? How was the dessert served?

SBETigg
07-19-2007, 11:19 AM
So are the restaurants going back to normal?...and when?

Yes- 1900 Park Fare's rehab is done on October 1st, so the Grand Floridian Cafe should be back to normal service by then as well.

Nicki'sMom
07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank you Princess Emmas Mommy for the review. I am so excited now! I would love to hear other reviews as others try the pre-plated meal.

Sunshine1010
07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
So in October, Grand Floridian Cafe AND 1900 Park Fare will be back to normal ---- to where I can make reservations for January???

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-20-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't think anyone in my group asked for seconds as the firsts were huge portions. I had pork tenderloin with awesome gnocchi, a lot of people in my group had prime rib (huge piece of it), I think there was a chicken and a veg. dish too. The appetizers were good too. The salad was awesome and my father said the strawberry soup was amazing. For desert, they brought a variety plate and also a great apple crisp. You will enjoy. We got to see Cinderella like 4-5 times. My dd loved the interaction!
Enjoy!
Jen

SBETigg
07-20-2007, 08:29 AM
So in October, Grand Floridian Cafe AND 1900 Park Fare will be back to normal ---- to where I can make reservations for January???

Yes. Once again, both restaurants should be back to normal operations in their regular locations in October. If you're going in January, you can make reservations for either one or both and they will be operating separately as usual- one as a buffet character meal, and the other as a relaxed, elegant cafe with a full menu.

tinksmom02
07-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't think anyone in my group asked for seconds as the firsts were huge portions. I had pork tenderloin with awesome gnocchi, a lot of people in my group had prime rib (huge piece of it), I think there was a chicken and a veg. dish too. The appetizers were good too. The salad was awesome and my father said the strawberry soup was amazing. For desert, they brought a variety plate and also a great apple crisp. You will enjoy. We got to see Cinderella like 4-5 times. My dd loved the interaction!
Enjoy!
Jen

I have been waiting for someone to review the pre-plate! Thank you! So, you were satisfied with the temporary location and menu? We should keep our ADRs? And, do you recall what the kids could choose to eat?

thanks so much!:mickey:

moe513
07-21-2007, 03:39 PM
:mickey: How was the food? What did they give you?

SBETigg
07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
The same thread came up just a few days ago. You may want to check it out.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110501

moe513
07-21-2007, 03:51 PM
thank you, im trying to get adrs now.

moe513
07-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I got something. It was the 3rd night I tried but I got one . My dd will be very happy.

snifflesmcg
07-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I know how you feel. I am waiting for a detailed menu as well.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Wow, I was just there last Saturday and can't remember what my DD4 ate. Seeing her joy with Cindy, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, and the Mice has blanked the rest out. I think it was pretty standard tho. Probably chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, etc. I remember her app was fruit salad. I highly reccommend this meal!
Jen

moe513
07-21-2007, 06:16 PM
sniffles mcg, I called disney dining and they read me the menu.We decided to go with it because of Cindy and because this buffet is so good we figure the preplates are probably good. Im actually probably going to like this more. Im not a big fan of buffets. I hate to get up and down to get food.