PDA

View Full Version : "Seasonal" operation of boats and electric light parade?

kbwatzka
07-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Hello -

My family will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Jan 1st - 7th, 2008. I've read that boats between the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary operate "seasonally." I've seen the same thing with respect to the Electric Light Parade. What does this mean? Are there times (during value season) that the boats don't operate? Also, does anyone know where I might find a map or time schedule of the boat service to/from Wilderness Lodge? Does it go anywhere other than the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Kelly

beksy
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I hadn't read that anywhere! We're staying at the Contemporary but eating a meal at WL so it will be good to find out. :confused:

faline
07-19-2007, 05:59 AM
I've been to Disney World in pretty much all of their "seasons" and have never known either the boats or the Electrical Light Parade to run on a seasonal basis.

There are times when the Electrical Light Parade does not operate (very bad weather) or when the entire parade is not operational (some floats down for repair/refurbishment). This parade runs year round.

The boats will also sometimes cease operation in extremely bad weather but, generally run year round. There is a boat that does the circuit of Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. There are also boats that run to and from the Magic Kingdom. These boats generally operate every 20-30 minutes (depending on time of day - less frequently during less busy times of day) from morning until around 10 p.m. Boats to the Magic Kingdom sometimes run later when special events are happening there.

TheRustyScupper
07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
1) The boats and electrical pageant run year-'round.
2) There is no season.
3) Even rain has little effect
4) However, they do halt for high winds & thunderstorms.

steamboat willy
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Ditto...

:sail:

Boats run everyday and every night.

Electrical Water Padgent runs every night with shows at Poly, Grand Floridian , MK, Contemporary, FWilderness and Wilderness Lodge.

No seasonal operations.

:boat: