PDA

View Full Version : Preferred rooms at cbr

moe513
07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Where are the preferred rooms at cbr?

Here we go again...
07-19-2007, 05:14 AM
From Info Central:

What buildings are classified as "preferred"?
Martinique and Trinidad North buildings

You can check out the the resort here:
http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/caribbeanbeach/default.asp

pixiesmimi
07-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know if CBR is close enough to MGM or Epcot to walk over and where does it come out if so? This is our first time staying there and I think it would be neat to be able to just walk there from the resort like you can some of them.

moe513
07-20-2007, 07:13 PM
No, I dont think you can walk anywhere from cbr. From the swam,dolphin,yc,bc and bw you can walk to epcot and mgm. We love to stay here because of the location. My family enjoys the boardwalk at night.

Jen C.
07-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know if CBR is close enough to MGM or Epcot to walk over and where does it come out if so? This is our first time staying there and I think it would be neat to be able to just walk there from the resort like you can some of them.

Definitely NOT walking distance. Sorry:(

CleveRocks
07-20-2007, 10:18 PM
From Info Central:

What buildings are classified as "preferred"?
Martinique and Trinidad North buildings
This is not exactly accurate. All 3 of Trinidad North's buildings (31-32-33) are preferred location buildings. But NOT all of Martinique's buildings are preferred location buildings. Martinque's preferred location buildings are 24-25-26. Martinique 21-22-23 are NOT preferred location buildings.

CleveRocks
07-20-2007, 10:22 PM
I agree, if you follow the normal conventions of society, you can't walk from CBR to anywhere else. There are no sidewalks to speak of, and the roads weren't designed to safely carry pedestrians.

Of course, if you're up for it ...

Starting from Aruba building #56, cross the parking lot and internal road, walk across the grass and cross Buena Vista Drive. Then walk across the grass, through the trees, across a marsh ... then navigate the minefield, and if the snipers don't get you, scale the chain-link barbed-wire fence and scale the high wall, and you'll find yourself backstage in World Showcase between Italy and Germany.

And then you'll find youself in a holding cell in Reedy Creek ....:D

moe513
07-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Cleverocks , your answer was very funny.

pixiesmimi
07-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Hmmm! We are trying to stay in Aruba......maybe, if we tried........:D

pixiesmimi
07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I had been told that Aruba was a good quiet section to get if you wanted a quieter area. We are going for our anniversary, but I don't want to have to walk a long way to get to the food court or the shops or transportation. That is the section that I requested (might not get) but am wondering now if we should try to get something closer, not knowing how far away this will be. Should we ask for one of the other preferred sections suggested above? What is the difference in them?

CleveRocks
07-22-2007, 06:18 PM
I had been told that Aruba was a good quiet section to get if you wanted a quieter area. We are going for our anniversary, but I don't want to have to walk a long way to get to the food court or the shops or transportation. That is the section that I requested (might not get) but am wondering now if we should try to get something closer, not knowing how far away this will be. Should we ask for one of the other preferred sections suggested above? What is the difference in them?
If you want a room in a preferred location building, you must reserve and pay for it. The cost is an extra $15-$26 per night, depending on season. Sure, you could get ultra-lucky with a free upgrade if all 384 preferred location rooms aren;t sold out, but if it's important to you I wouldn't gamble on maybe a 5% chance of getting lucky,

The ONLY thing that makes a preferred location room a preferred location room is its location relative to Old Port Royale. Otherwise, it is identical to every other room at the resort in every way.

If you do get Aruba, building 51 is the closest to OPR (of all the Aruba buildings) and building 56 the farthest from OPR (of the Aruba buildings), with maybe a 2 or 3 minute difference in walking time.

By the way, I've never known any certain village in CBR to be noisier or quieter than another, for 2 reasons. First, it's not like they segregate college-age people or families with small but loud kids into certain villages. Second, no building is very close to the resort's main path (The Promenade), so even a lot of foot traffic past the village (presumably on the way to OPR) isn;t going to make it a noisy village.

If you want a quieter room, make sure you don't get a room next to one of the so-called "quiet" pools. Each village has its own quiet pool, but it can get quite loud around there if a few families with boisterous kids or a few post-adolescents decide it's party time at the pool at 11:30 p.m. or so. No real worries there, as any room overlooking a pool is classified as water view and costs $15-$26 extra per night. If you learn at check-in that you got upgraded to a water view room, make sure to ask if it's the lake or the quiet pool. If you want a quiet room, turn down the upgrade if it's facing your village's quiet pool.

pixiesmimi
07-23-2007, 09:09 AM
That's good to know, thank you! We stayed at All Star Movies last year and were close to the pool (not overlooking) but it was still pretty quiet. We had no problems. Our pool there was quiet time only late at night. Not being able to see a map anywhere of any of the villages at CBR, I wasn't sure whether to take our chances or request a certain building. The book I referred to said one was louder than another because families with children usually requested it. We aren't allergic to children, after all, this is the place for children. Was just trying to find a good spot to really enjoy our time together since this doesn't happen often. I just don't want to have to walk 10 minutes to get anywhere although, it would probably do me some good. :blush: A view of the lake would be nice.:)

moe513
07-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Info central has a good map of cbr. Not sure if it shows the quiet pools.

nadisnut
07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I believe it was the Martinique rooms we stayed in our last trip, we had a preferred room, that had a beautiful view of the beach and was a very short walk to Old Port Royale, when requested a preferred room, I would specify that you wanted a room as close as possible to Old Port Royale!

Have a wonderful trip!!!:mickey:

CleveRocks
07-25-2007, 12:26 AM
when requested a preferred room, I would specify that you wanted a room as close as possible to Old Port Royale!At CBR, that is the very definition of a preferred location room, a room in one of the 6 buildings (3 on each side) closest to OPR. When you reserve and pay for a preferred location room, requesting a room close to OPR would just be redundant.

Becky'sMom
07-25-2007, 07:21 AM
We stayed at CBR for our honeymoon in 1999. I didn't know about (and perhaps at the time there were no) preferred rooms. We did ask our travel agent for a water view, but were told it was first come, first served.
Well, as I was standing in line to check in, the man in front of me told me he had requested a water view. Needless to say, he got one and I received a beautiful view of the parking lot.
I went to the front desk and complained (actually, I was in tears) and said that I was so looking forward to this being my dream honeymeen and now I had to look out my window at cars - well, the CM said that he didn't want my honeymoon to be ruined, he went into the back room and came out with another set of keys. They sent bellhops to move our luggage.
By loking at the map, I think it was Jamaica, building 42 that we wound up in...maybe not right next to the restaurant, but paradise on earth! A corner room with views of the empty, pristine white beach with palm trees and hammocks out both windows. The walk to the main building was tranquil and totally enjoyable, taking us on a short path through tropical birds and palm trees.
I couldn't have been happier.
Lauren

pixiesmimi
07-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Ooh! That sounds very nice. I know we won't be in the resort much but with this being just about the only trip with just the two of us in 36 years, I would like to have some of this ambience.:hug: