PDA

View Full Version : Important dates for Jan/Feb?

BiloxiMom
07-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm trying to get an idea of when would be the perfect week to go to WDW this Jan. or Feb. I know I have to avoid MLK and President's week. What are other events and dates I should avoid? Marathon, conventions, holidays.... I scheduled our last trip in Jan. and it was wonderful, great weather, no crowds, and the Pirate/Princess Party was absolutely great. Any help would be so appreciated. :D

mickey-mouse35
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I can't think of any other than Presidents' Day weekend, but your question reminded me of when DH and I were there in January for our honeymoon, and the Super Bowl was going on. All these guys were in the lounge at Dixie Landings where we were staying to watch the game. I thought --how sad!!! :D

tinksmom02
07-18-2007, 11:30 PM
We went the last week of January into Feb and the crowds were very small. Weather wasn't so great, but crowd wise it was nice.

We came home the day before the Superbowl.

Here we go again...
07-19-2007, 05:44 AM
We went the last week of January into Feb and the crowds were very small. Weather wasn't so great, but crowd wise it was nice.

We came home the day before the Superbowl.

This year Mardi Gras is the first Tuesday in February. We will be there for National Dance competition Feb 1-3 and staying through the 6th to get out of Louisiana for Mardi Gras. It can get very crowded at that time.

BigRedDad
07-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Is MLK weekend or the week really that bad?

Beast_fanatic
07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Is MLK weekend or the week really that bad?

It's busier than other times during the month, but not as bad as a holiday such as the 4th of July or Christmas.